KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6663|949

You guys are great at home aren't you?

Anyway, Lakers vs. Cavs tonight in Cleveland.  I have confidence it will not go down like the Christmas game did.  I hope LeBron goes scoreless and Shaq collapses on the court.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6663|949

I can't believe Pau missed those two free throws.

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

repeating it won't change it :p

i hope we get no players on the all-star reserve team. i'd like to see the team rest . . .
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6568|Long Island, New York
tonight's knicks game is a prime example of why i don't follow basketball nearly as much as i did when i was a kid
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6663|949

'Cause Isiah Thomas seriously fucked up your organization?

Hey, maybe the great 2010 free-agent holdout the Knicks have been taking part in for the last few years will pay off...you never know.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

how 'bout them Raptors?

Utah has the next 5/6 @ home, makes up for the Christmas roadie . . .
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6663|949

burnzz wrote:

how 'bout them Raptors?

Utah has the next 5/6 @ home, makes up for the Christmas roadie . . .
Yeah yeah.  Lakers are in the midst of a pretty grueling road trip...8 games in 14 days.  They should have won that game last night though.  Kobe almost had a triple double but couldn't get any help late in the game, plus Pau's foul at the end fucking killed them.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

goddam this just keeps getting better! Jazz beat dallas, pull within 1/2 a game of #3.
memphis beats l.a., all-star break coming up . . .
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6663|949

burnzz wrote:

goddam this just keeps getting better! Jazz beat dallas, pull within 1/2 a game of #3.
memphis beats l.a., all-star break coming up . . .
You forgot to mention Kobe hitting the game winner over Ray-Ray and the Celtics on Sunday.

I've been saying this for the last 2 months - Kobe needs to rest.  His finger is severely impacting his shooting and he's trying to force too much.  But let's take a look at where the league stands according to me after a half a season-

In the East there are 4 teams that have all but broken away from the pack: Atlanta, Orlando, Boston and Cleveland.  I think there is no outright favorite to win the East at this point but I think I'm going to pick the Hawks.  Cleveland has the easiest schedule left but I don't think the cohesion is there to beat some of the tough East teams in the playoffs.  I'm not an NBA coach and don't really pick up on the nuances of coaching but as a die-hard basketball fan and someone who understands the game I don't see how Mike Brown is still a head coach, let alone a coach of the year winner.  Cleveland seems to have no consistency in their game, their saving grace being the most athletically gifted player in the game on the court in Maroon and Gold.  I honestly don't see them getting out of the Eastern Finals.  Boston is crumbling from the brittle knees of Garnett and the penchant of Paul Pierce and Ray Ray to not show up for some games.  Rondo is becoming a great play maker but his jump-shot game needs some serious work, and he and Garnett aren't going to be able to carry the team into the Finals again.  Orlando is playing streaky at best, definitely not playing capable of the way they are able to.  I think they will peak cohesively at the perfect time late in the season to make another run at a Finals appearance, but I still see the Hawks as the hungriest and strongest team out in the East at this point.  They've been able to make a few runs in the playoffs these last few years, even taking the Celts to a 7 game series, which gives them a battle-tested air of confidence that's extremely important and impactful down the stretch.  They have talent at pretty much every position and the addition of Jamal Crawford was the best gift Joe Johnson could have asked for because it gives him another solid play-maker to take some of the stress and defense away.

In the West the standings/playoff situation is far more complicated.  You have 11 teams fighting for 8 playoff spots with the top 4 still up for grabs.  The way both teams are playing it's hard to believe that the Jazz and Mavs won't be in the top 4 come April, but there's some serious talent below them battling.  San Antonio is notorious for starting slow, building up momentum and making a run deep into the playoffs, but they've been marred by injury and with Tony Parker out with an ankle sprain for the next few weeks it will be interesting to see how they battle the rest of their schedule.  That being said, I think the two favorites out of the West are Denver and the Lakers.  Denver has been playing great and their toughness could really help them down the stretch.  I see them as the main contenders to the Lakers for the Western Conference crown.  The Lakers are of course the front-runners, being the defending champs, but there are questions to be raised as far as their game is concerned as well.  They are incredibly streaky on defense and have a knack for letting less-than-stellar teams stay close with them.  Plus it seems like they are forcing the ball into Kobe too much on offense, and their bigs down low (something consistently mentioned as a strong positive for the Lakers) have been inconsistent at best.  At the beginning of the season I thought with the addition of Artest the Lakes would be unstoppable but it looks like they aren't as strong defensively as you'd think.  If anything it's Artest's offense that has helped the Lakers more than his defense.

We'll see how the second half of the season progresses but it's looking like it will be another great season for NBA basketball (and hopefully for the Lakers specifically).
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

when do i get karma to give again? inb4 some cunt says tl;dr, because i found that to be a fair assessment, and pretty accurate from where i'm at.

i've watched Denver destroy Utah twice now (they've won 3/4, with another coming quick) and Utah take the advantage from dallas. Utah swept SA, and the only top team that the tie-breakers' in doubt is the Lakers - so yeah, Utah could be 3 to 9 right now . . .

the best game i've seen in person was the win over Cleveland. i think Atl could take them in a series . . .
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6626|Toronto-Canada
LOL

hate him as a player ( I'm a raptor fan) love him here.

Last edited by lxcpikiman (2010-02-03 19:26:15)

whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5281
nice post, ken.

im def pullin for the jazz in the west, burnzz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

jazz - hawks = Finals
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5281
would be quite sick indeed
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

denver beats la, utah beats denver - man, the west really is wild this year
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6663|949

It's ok, Lakers can beat you guys tomorrow and we're back to square one
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

sending out the JV i see tonight . . . np.

Last edited by burnzz (2010-02-10 05:11:58)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

inb4KENNINGS

Last edited by burnzz (2010-02-10 19:22:30)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6787|Scotland

Lulz. Utah got raped. Gasoline and Odom handled them pretty well.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6663|949

Zimmer wrote:

Lulz. Utah got raped. Gasoline and Odom handled them pretty well.
Yeah great game from both of them.  This is how they should be playing with Kobe.  I think he commands a lot of respect and attention from his teammates and they defer to him too often.  Pau has been really energized these last few games, and a bit of it could be chalked up to him feeling 100% healthy, but I think it's exacerbated by the fact that Kobe isn't on the court - Pau knows he has to do more work, that he can't rely on Kobe to get the job done.  It's a mindset that I think is endemic to any team with a superstar playmaker of Kobe's caliber, but it's definitely something that the Lakers need to get over.  With Kobe out the team could build a little more trust in each other, plus it allows Kobe to see that he can trust his teammates to get the job done, which is always good.

If/when they play like this with Bynum and Kobe in the lineup they are unstoppable.  On the flip side, the Jazz looked lethargic tonight, with the exception of Deron Williams.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

utah @ houston - now we get to see what the break did (or didn't do). i've got tickets for these two on the 27th . . .
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6568|Long Island, New York
This is the first Knicks game I've watched in close to 4 years.

Tracy McFuckingGrady is back. Well, if he stays healthy.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

jazz beat portland in OT, go to atlanta tonite . . .
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5281
we just decide to stop playing in the 4th quarter every fucking game now. ridiculous
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6528

ah, but we're coming off an OT game, playing back to back.

it's the last 25-30 games, the home stretch should be interesting . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard