max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

I'm looking for a way to sync a set of files over the internet between 2 PCs. i.e. if you create or edit a file one one PC it should be copied over to the other PC. It should support encryption or work over a VPN/SSL. Any ideas? Google doesn't seem to like me this morning

Can I do this just with offline files?

Both PCs running vista
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Could RealVNC be something that might work?
I need around tree fiddy.
max
Vela Incident

DonFck wrote:

Could RealVNC be something that might work?
VNC just lets me see the other PC. I'm using it to admin my PC at my parents place.
(unless there is some function that I'm oblivious to)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

max wrote:

(unless there is some function that I'm oblivious to)
I didn't get that far yet.

I'm still googling, captain!

Gbridge?
I need around tree fiddy.
max
Vela Incident

that looks interesting

*tries*
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
What about Windows Live Messenger Sharing Folders?

(Just a suggestion, not sure how well it would work - or indeed, if it will work.)
tiptopT
+72|6552|Scotland's Capital
Dropbox? Was posted on here a wee while back: https://www.getdropbox.com/
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Max, do you use a cracked version of VNC? Because it claims that it doesn't work on Vista/Server08? Or is that just BS to try to get you to buy it? Also the free version doesn't come with 128bit encryption which makes me sceptical as to how secure the free version is.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

I used logmein until I finally paid a techy to set up my server. It has a sync if i remember right. I don't know what he did but it automatically syncs my files on my home work machine to my office server. I think he did it in windows with no additional programs that I know of running.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6561|Reisterstown, MD

liquidat0r wrote:

(Just a suggestion, not sure how well it would work - or indeed, if it will work.)
Actually, that would work, except that you would have to have messenger open and synchronizing on both PC's at the same time and all of that.  It does files like that. 

Last edited by killer21 (2008-10-28 08:45:40)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

You could log in using VNC, set up the file transfer and you'd be set. Only issue would be you'd need to use two MSN accounts.
max
Vela Incident

I think we have a winner with gbridge

liquidat0r wrote:

should work but is painfully slow

tiptopT wrote:

Dropbox? Was posted on here a wee while back: https://www.getdropbox.com/
no encryption afaik

ghettoperson wrote:

Max, do you use a cracked version of VNC? Because it claims that it doesn't work on Vista/Server08? Or is that just BS to try to get you to buy it? Also the free version doesn't come with 128bit encryption which makes me sceptical as to how secure the free version is.
I use ultra VNC with aes plugin. Works well under vista and has 128bit AES encryption. Not sure if there are any UAC issues, I have it disabled
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

On the Ultra VNC site:

Key features: File transfer , Video driver , optional Encryption Plugins , MS Logon , Text chat , Viewer Toolbar ,  Java Viewer with File Transfer , as well as Auto scaling and Server Side Scaling, Multiple-Monitors-support,Repeater/Proxy-support, Auto reconnection, good performances and tons of other functionalities.
?
max
Vela Incident

I want something that syncs automatically in the background. Plain file transfers don't really help
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5688|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dropbox.

nuff said.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

TheDonkey wrote:

Dropbox.

nuff said.
no encryption. nuff said.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6640|The Netherlands
Hamachi
Sorry for double post, but if I delete one, the other one is gone to.

Last edited by Nessie09 (2008-10-28 14:19:17)

jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

did you end up using gbridge?
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

just a note ... gbridge is plain

I cannot understand why it is not more popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Is that just the page and not the Data? It looks like there are ways to tighten it up.
http://blog.andreaolivato.net/open-sour … ption.html

Wow, Drop box offers higher protection that Mesh.

btw, I know dropbpx isn't the proper solution.. just curious. I really think he has his answer by now..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard