cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
Ok so I'm 32 years old and completely completely an awesome person when I go out and start drinking.. The problem is when I'm not drinking I'm reserved and don't talk much.. I didn't use to be like this, does it make me a drunk?

I kid you not my self confidence is amazing and I always get what I want or at least try when drunk.. Sober I just let life pass me by and I'm cranky.. Does anyone have some tips for me about letting my drunk side out when I'm sober? I also suffer from massive anioxidy..
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
Tension. Just relax, you're with your buddies, right? Smile and they will start a conversation and you continue it. Having a beer or two is okay too. Why not
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

A lot of people are like that, me included. I think Skittles is too. Nothing to worry about.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
I wouldn't worry about it, that's not a real alcy...
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6650|Broadlands, VA
You mean "Anxiety"?  As in Panic Attacks?

OK - are you a drunk - do you drink at work?  Do you start drinking before 3PM And are you proud of it?  If so, you are a drunk.  If you DO drink at work and at all hours of the day becuase you cannot function without it - you are an Alcoholic which is teh bad (highly simplified).

As for your personality change - that's what booze does - it's Personality Lubricant.

Visit Modern Drunkard magazine - they'll explain it all to you!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

The Sheriff wrote:

A lot of people are like that, me included. I think Skittles is too. Nothing to worry about.
mich auch
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
I met a gypsy last week at 7AM in the morning, sat outside a pub with 4 cans of special brew. Said he spent the night there drinking and spent £1000 on beer for people and Cannabis. He said he's been missing from Manchester for 6 weeks, and his girlfriend is a bitch which is why he left...

He said he has 10k to blow on drink too.

You're not an alcoholic.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
Just think drunk.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6267|Bloomington Indiana
you know you're a drunkard when:

You’ve invented a Sesame Street drinking game so you can spend more time with your kids.

Future generations will call you an urban legend.

You’re quite good looking when you’re plastered, and you have the mug shots to prove it.

You can’t say the word sober without making air quotes.

You fell into a whiskey vat and bravely fought off your rescuers for three hours.
(modern drunkard magazine)

back to reality, you sound very normal.  alcohol makes everyone different than when they are sober. next time when ya go out, cut your drinking down a bit and see if you can have the same amount of fun
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Yeah but I really like drunk me.. Drunk me gets the girls interested where sober me loses them.. Drunk me is always having fun, sober me watches TV. Drunk me if really really funny, sober me hates everyone..

Should I just become a drunk?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok so I'm 32 years old and completely completely an awesome person when I go out and start drinking.. The problem is when I'm not drinking I'm reserved and don't talk much.. I didn't use to be like this, does it make me a drunk?

I kid you not my self confidence is amazing and I always get what I want or at least try when drunk.. Sober I just let life pass me by and I'm cranky.. Does anyone have some tips for me about letting my drunk side out when I'm sober? I also suffer from massive anioxidy..
Yes, you're a drunk.  Now shut the hell up and pass me a beer! 
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Nope. Loads of people are like that, I'm alot like that. Although, I'm not that lame when I'm sober.......ok, I am pretty boring when sober/clean. It depends on who you're with and what state they're also in tbh.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-10-27 14:21:54)

cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Can't you live in Utah?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

The Sheriff wrote:

That reminds me, what was in that brown bag I saw you clinging too whilst sprawled over a park bench the other day?

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
Pretend to be drunk. Could work ...

Second thoughts, maybe not.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I didn't use to be like this, does it make me a drunk?
Do you go to meetings?

Yes = No, you're not a drunk...you're an alcoholic.

No = You're a drunk.

On a serious note...

Alcohol lowers inhibitions. Those inhibitions are what make you the way you are when you're not drinking.

It's similar to girls who get drunk and show their boobs: they don't normally do that when not drinking.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Actually I wouldn't say I'm a person that'd too different when drunk and sober. Some people go crazy when they're drunk, some (most people here) go violent when drunk, some go depressed. I just fall into the regular category, and so do you. Just end up becoming more happy/relaxed/confident/talkative and also say the truth more often. I could say that when I get drunk (ok, firstly, I never really get drunk, if I was to describe drunk, it would be barely being able to function, I'm never like that, mostly always buzzing/tipsy/hanging over the edge) but yeah, I could say when I'm drunk, I'm more like the real me
Tripulaci0n
+14|6127
Try some of the shit that you do when you're drunk when you're sober. You'll realize that people will react the same way and eventually acting like that will become natural even though at first it will feel like you're "acting." You only think that what you're thinking about doing/saying while sober is a little "extra" when it really isn't. IF that doesn't go well for you then just drink away your sorrow. Ha-ha.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

The Sheriff wrote:

Yeah, I'm a bit like that.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Well my main point is that I used to be the same way drunk or sober.. Now it only seems like I"m Happy Go Lucky when I'm drunk, even if every thing is going my way...
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Can't you live in Utah?
They make us drink watered down beer here.  All the beer sold here, except in the state run liquor stores, is 3.2% by volume.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Silly mormans... So you get twice the tab with half the effect?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
i get ultra fucking happy when im drunk
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6376|North Carolina
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

I don't have a drinking problem.

I drink.

I get drunk.

I pass out.

Where's the problem?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard