Icleos
+101|6742
I was playing in an IO today tearing it up as SpecOps just for some good fun.  C4 tossing and tricking people around corners and raping with the m4 and ak74u.  I don't like unlocks since I was a comp guy and was trained to not use them.  But I appreciate the non-unlocks have to offer.
Being curious I checked up on the performance in the wiki.  Supposedly the QBZ-97 is way more accurate when in scope and in prone than the G36E.
Which was surprising to me.  the QBZ97 doesn't pack as much as a punch but I wondered if anyone noticed a real difference?

QBZ-97 Stats
http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/carbines/qbz-97

Ak-74u Stats
http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/carbines/ak-74u

M4 Stats
http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/carbines/m4

G36E
http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/unlocks/g36e

Last edited by Icleos (2008-10-25 16:09:08)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6365|California
You'll be surprised by how many people think that China's stock weapons suck, but ingame they actually own
I <3 the china stock AT gun
robcr9
+111|5981
i <3 the MEC stock at gun ^^
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6322|Orrstrayleea
Yes, The QBZ is , It rape on wake when us have a few land flags.
san4
The Mas
+311|6688|NYC, a place to live
The QBZ is amazingly accurate when prone, but it fires slowly and does less damage than almost any gun. One of the weakest guns in the game.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1116879
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5904|CA
The reason it doesn't win in a head to head w/ a G36E is because it does 25, the G36E does 32.  From distance, it's great to pluck off enemies with.

Better then the SCAR-L, I don't really like that one.
Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine
QBZ is the best carbine, and everybody who think it is weak should try to aim for the head. Incredibly thin QBZ's ironsights make your task yeasier than any other gun w\ ironsights.

Last edited by Longbow (2008-10-25 21:16:58)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5931|Somewhere out in Space
I prefer the G36C, simply because at medium range the tip of the sight=the size of a head, and at long range it is the size of your bullet cone, so you always know the general area where the shot will go.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

Yeah, QBZ is definitely the best carbine. It rocks on Great Wall.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

You'll be surprised by how many people think that China's stock weapons suck, but ingame they actually own
I love that gun too, probably cos it reminds me of MP40 and I'm a WW2 weapons fan.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Nihil
+15|5806|Malaga, Spain
The G36K is a damn strong contender for best carbine too, methinks. I hardly ever use carbines though, something I really must get around to some day. I'm currently discovering the grenade launcher.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6142
All of the AT sub machine guns are handy IMO.  The PP-19 is also decent for tackling multiple people because of its large clip.  I think the best thing about them is that a lot of people don't expect to get mugged by a non-DAO user.

Strangely, all of the SMGs have identical properties, but I always find I do worst with the MP5.
Longbow

Nihil wrote:

The G36K is a damn strong contender for best carbine too, methinks. I hardly ever use carbines though, something I really must get around to some day. I'm currently discovering the grenade launcher.
Try out M4. Not so incredibly accurate on full auto (like QBZ), but still aimpoint is
but I always find I do worst with the MP5.
Strange, because I always do the best with MP5
Nihil
+15|5806|Malaga, Spain

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

All of the AT sub machine guns are handy IMO.  The PP-19 is also decent for tackling multiple people because of its large clip.  I think the best thing about them is that a lot of people don't expect to get mugged by a non-DAO user.

Strangely, all of the SMGs have identical properties, but I always find I do worst with the MP5.
They are not completely identical, MP7 and P90 have subtly better properties in a couple of areas. I personally hate the feel of the P90 and like the PP19 best of the AT SMGs. MP7 is very effective for some reason.

Had fun yesterday mowing down three guys in a doorway with the PP19 (Mass Destruction), when my clip was emptied I RPGed the last guy at point blank range. I suck at AT but the RPG is hilarious.

Try out M4. Not so incredibly accurate on full auto (like QBZ), but still aimpoint is
I hate that gun. Carbines are so low powered that they have to be pinpoint accurate to compensate and the M4 just won't hit anything for me. I'm going to give the G36C a serious try soon, I already know about the great QBZ.

Strange, because I always do the best with MP5
The pesky clip size dooms the MP5 imo. It's got a nice iron sight though.

Last edited by Nihil (2008-10-26 09:33:52)

{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6602
yea its more accurate, but incredibly weak.
So i usually stick to G36C
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6142
When I was talking about all of the sub machine guns being near enough identical, I was talking about the AT stock SMGs.  I don't like the P90 either, but I seem to get killed by it now and then so it can't be all bad.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6785|Perth, Western Australia

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

They do the exact same amount of damage...

Same with the m4.

The M4, the QBZ, and the G36C all have the exact same rate of fire, clip size, and damage. The M4 takes the longest to reload, and the QBZ is the most accurate.

Any other difference (perceived higher damage with G36C, better ROF with M4 - this is aimed at everyone btw) is all in the mind
EA4never
+2|6236
G36C has the lowest recoil, making it pretty easy to hit several times without having to correct on most ranges. Plus it doesn't have the crappy misaligned red dot, but accurate iron sights. QBZ has nice iron sights and is more accurate, too bad there are no urban Chinese maps (yet?).
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6521|Polish state of EU
QBZ is , other spec ops STANDARD weapons r too
Wallpaper
+303|5994|The pool

SharkyMcshark wrote:

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

Same with the m4.

The M4, the QBZ, and the G36C all have the exact same rate of fire, clip size, and damage. The M4 takes the longest to reload, and the QBZ is the most accurate.

Any other difference (perceived higher damage with G36C, better ROF with M4 - this is aimed at everyone btw) is all in the mind
Same with MP7 vs. P90. Yet the P90 sucks ass and the MP7 is uber raepz0r
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5684|SQUID
G36K is classified as a assault rifle.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Really? I thought the G36E is classed as an assault rifle, and the G36K is a Carbine...
Longbow

Snake wrote:

Really? I thought the G36E is classed as an assault rifle, and the G36K is a Carbine...
In BF2 stats you get assault rifle kills with G36K.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5684|SQUID

Snake wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Nope, counts to AR kills. Best gun TBFH.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

SharkyMcshark wrote:

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

Same with the m4.

I'm fairly certain the G36C used to be the most accurate. I used it on single fire all the time in my noobier days and the thing never missed.

I've used it more recently and it feels like it got nerfed at some point.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard