Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|5804
Food for thought... I lived through the Carter era as a few others on these forums have... It wasn't a fun time to put it mildly...
Take off the Messiah blinders and the George Bush is evil goggles for a moment and read this article...

1976 Is Back
Obama as Carter.

By Mark Moyar

A newcomer to national politics, he claimed to transcend partisan labels. He moved to the center during the campaign, at a time when the Democrats held large congressional majorities. In a troubled economy, he told voters he would keep taxes down for most Americans, limit spending, and balance the budget, all while implementing ambitious social programs. He planned to cut military spending to free money for other purposes, but assured moderates and conservatives that when it came to America’s enemies, he would be tougher than the Republicans. The media, droves of moderates, and some conservatives believed him, having pegged him as a man of character.

His name was Jimmy Carter, the year was 1976, and he won. His presidency helps us predict the likely results of an Obama victory in 2008.


rest of the article...
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YT … 2E0YWFkZGM
Love is the answer
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|5750|USA
Good article.

I'll still take the chance with Obama than accept 4 more years of Bush.

One candidate has a plan. One has nothing. One is candid. The other is a liar.

America is done with the politics of fear.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|5625|Long Island, New York

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Good article.

I'll still take the chance with Obama than accept 4 more years of Bush.

One candidate has a plan. One has nothing. One is candid. The other is a liar.

America is done with the politics of fear.
And one (Obama) attacks the other's policies while all the other (McCain) can do is attack his "affiliations".

Erm, I wanna know what the guy is planning to do, not who he hangs around with, thanks Johnnie Mac.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|5804
I agree... using fear sucks... It does baffle me that because everyone hates Bush so much... they are giving a pass to a really inexperienced guy that has ideas that are known to slow down economies and not create new jobs...
  McCain is not perfect... but he is really nothing like Bush... they have been at odds as much as they have agreed... and at the end of the day...
  I think McCain is an honest guy...it's his campaign advisors that are asking him to do the dirty things and you can tell he feels uncomfortable doing them...     and after living through 76-80 with Carter... it sucked... lol
Love is the answer
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|5750|USA

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I agree... using fear sucks... It does baffle me that because everyone hates Bush so much... they are giving a pass to a really inexperienced guy that has ideas that are known to slow down economies and not create new jobs...
  McCain is not perfect... but he is really nothing like Bush... they have been at odds as much as they have agreed... and at the end of the day...
  I think McCain is an honest guy...it's his campaign advisors that are asking him to do the dirty things and you can tell he feels uncomfortable doing them...     and after living through 76-80 with Carter... it sucked... lol
If this were the 2000 McCain, it would be a very close race. I agree, the RNC is in his ear and he has abandoned his own persona. That makes him a sellout.

You can blame Bush and 6 years of Republican Congress for Obama getting a free pass.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|5734

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Good article.

I'll still take the chance with Obama than accept 4 more years of Bush.

One candidate has a plan. One has nothing. One is candid. The other is a liar.

America is done with the politics of fear.
So you're sick of fear yet you're trying to scare people into thinking McCain is Bush...

Contradict much?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|5750|USA

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Good article.

I'll still take the chance with Obama than accept 4 more years of Bush.

One candidate has a plan. One has nothing. One is candid. The other is a liar.

America is done with the politics of fear.
So you're sick of fear yet you're trying to scare people into thinking McCain is Bush...

Contradict much?
There is no difference in McCain policy and Bush policy. Thats not fear, thats fact son. I don't have to say it, people are already scared of it.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,926|5720|949

Carter and Obama were/are politicians.  They lie and break promises.  I didn't need the National Reveiw to tell me that.
Icleos
Member
+101|5830

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Carter and Obama were/are politicians.  They lie and break promises.  I didn't need the National Reveiw to tell me that.
Unfortunately, they feel the need to give it to us anyways...
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|5734

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Good article.

I'll still take the chance with Obama than accept 4 more years of Bush.

One candidate has a plan. One has nothing. One is candid. The other is a liar.

America is done with the politics of fear.
So you're sick of fear yet you're trying to scare people into thinking McCain is Bush...

Contradict much?
There is no difference in McCain policy and Bush policy. Thats not fear, thats fact son. I don't have to say it, people are already scared of it.
That must be why one of obamas latest ads uses footage from the last debate when McCain said he wasn't Bush.

In fact, I urge you to find one congressional race in the entire country where the democratic canidate doesn't link the republican canidate to Bush, whether it be showing a picture of the canidate next to Bush or showing what percentage of the time they voted with Bush.

Get real. The only reason the democrats are in office right now is entirely because of fear tactics.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5688|132 and Bush

Carter had more experience and a military background.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|5777|Tampa Bay Florida
National Review lol
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,926|5720|949

Kmarion wrote:

Carter had more experience and a military background.
So he's more like McCain then?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5688|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Carter had more experience and a military background.
So he's more like McCain then?
I don't think so. McCain fought the Vietcong. Carter was ambushed by a rabbit.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|5493|North Carolina

Spearhead wrote:

National Review lol
Yep, there's a good reason why Christopher Buckley left them.
HollisHurlbut
Member
+51|5085

Kmarion wrote:

I don't think so. McCain fought the Vietcong. Carter was ambushed by a rabbit.
Don't forget the UFO...
topal63
. . .
+533|5806

Turquoise wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

National Review lol
Yep, there's a good reason why Christopher Buckley left them.
Hey why give a shout out to a different democrat; a "like Clinton" when you can shout out a "like Carter."

Anyways Carter's economic problems, and the odd response thereof, were the result of the Paul Volcker experiment.

Last edited by topal63 (2008-10-24 23:54:35)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5240|what

Would you rather Obama\Carter or McCain\Reagan?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|5636|San Diego, CA, USA
So who's going to be our generation's Ronald Reagan?  Any Governors that you can think of right now?  Palin perhaps?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|5498|'Murka

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I agree... using fear sucks... It does baffle me that because everyone hates Bush so much... they are giving a pass to a really inexperienced guy that has ideas that are known to slow down economies and not create new jobs...
  McCain is not perfect... but he is really nothing like Bush... they have been at odds as much as they have agreed... and at the end of the day...
  I think McCain is an honest guy...it's his campaign advisors that are asking him to do the dirty things and you can tell he feels uncomfortable doing them...     and after living through 76-80 with Carter... it sucked... lol
If this were the 2000 McCain, it would be a very close race. I agree, the RNC is in his ear and he has abandoned his own persona. That makes him a sellout.

You can blame Bush and 6 years of Republican Congress for Obama getting a free pass.
Yet you can't see that this country is about to vote in exactly the same situation with a Democrat Congress and Obama?

Change = back to 1976-1980.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|5498|'Murka

Spearhead wrote:

National Review lol
That's right. Attack the source without addressing any facts or inaccuracies in the material itself.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,610|5709|London, England

Harmor wrote:

So who's going to be our generation's Ronald Reagan?  Any Governors that you can think of right now?  Palin perhaps?
Reagan? You mean the guy that appeassed the terrorists and pulled out of Lebanon?

(nah, I'm just fucking with you guys, I don't give a shit about things like that, but that's what you guys always say, I thought I'd say it about your supreme president just to make you think)

Palin? Why are you even mentioning that name in the same sentence?
CameronPoe
Member
+2,925|5643

Harmor wrote:

So who's going to be our generation's Ronald Reagan?  Any Governors that you can think of right now?  Palin perhaps?
Palin?

/invests in bunker stocked with provisions
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,753|5193|eXtreme to the maX

Ajax_The_Great wrote:

]In fact, I urge you to find one congressional race in the entire country where the democratic canidate doesn't link the republican canidate to Bush, whether it be showing a picture of the canidate next to Bush or showing what percentage of the time they voted with Bush.
They are both republicans, what do you expect?
Funny that even McCain sees Bush as a liability.
#FreeBritney
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,753|5193|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Yet you can't see that this country is about to vote in exactly the same situation with a Democrat Congress and Obama?
And whose fault is that?
#FreeBritney

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard