Evilhamburglar
+4|5972

phishman420 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

S2000
You just made my night. Thanks.
Yeah you know what mine too. Man you have something wrong with you if you think corvette is unreliable reciprocity. Do you have any facts to back this up?
I know people who have '98, '99 vette's that have had absolutely no problems.

Honestly Phishman this is just my opinion on the G35. My uncle has one and it is alright I just dislike them and most of the people that drive them.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Evilhamburglar wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

S2000
Yeah you know what mine too. Man you have something wrong with you if you think corvette is unreliable reciprocity. Do you have any facts to back this up?

Honestly Phishman this is just my opinion on the G35. My uncle has one and it is alright I just dislike them and most of the people that drive them.
Reciprocity's a mechanic, that counts for a lot in my book.

Speaking of, my car is idling slightly high and I think something is wrong with the transmission - the gears smell like they are burning (sulfur) after a decent drive.  Any suggestions as to what it might be?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5681

Evilhamburglar wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

S2000

The G35 coupe is the perfect balance of style, performance, and luxury in my opinion. I love everything about them.
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Evilhamburglar wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

S2000

I work on them weekly,  they're cheaply built to keep the price down, like most domestic vehicles.  Sorry, but it's true.  If i wanted a fast car and didn't care if if fell apart around me, I'd go for a corvette, but I prefer comfort and reliability.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5681

Reciprocity wrote:

Evilhamburglar wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

I work on them weekly,  they're cheaply built to keep the price down, like most domestic vehicles.  Sorry, but it's true.  If i wanted a fast car and didn't care if if fell apart around me, I'd go for a corvette, but I prefer comfort and reliability.
At least they're cheap and easy to fix.
Reciprocity

phishman420 wrote:

Reciprocity

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Speaking of, my car is idling slightly high and I think something is wrong with the transmission - the gears smell like they are burning (sulfur) after a decent drive.  Any suggestions as to what it might be?
The gears smell?  what do you drive?

sulphur smells are usually associated with engine exhaust and bad catalytic converters.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5681

Reciprocity wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Stop derailing my thread.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Reciprocity wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

sulphur smells are usually associated with engine exhaust and bad catalytic converters.
Maybe that's it.  I thought it was the gears, because its the same smell as when there is a big hill and trucks are downshifting.

2003 Saab 95
Reciprocity

phishman420 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Stop derailing my thread.
So what do you want to know about he G35 coupe?  It's a good car, the drivetrain is proven.  They're well made and comfortable.  I've done some maintenance on  4 or 5 sedans and coupes and a few dozen 350z's.

Did Infiniti do the 4 wheel steering on the g35s?  I think they offer it on the new g37?  Nissan's tried it off and on for 15 or 20 years and it's always been a pain in the ass gimmick.
Reciprocity

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Maybe that's it.  I thought it was the gears, because its the same smell as when there is a big hill and trucks are downshifting.

2003 Saab 95
are you smelling brakes or clutch or are you smelling a rotten egg, sulphur smell?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Reciprocity wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

2003 Saab 95
are you smelling brakes or clutch or are you smelling a rotten egg, sulphur smell?
To be honest its only when I get out of the car that I smell it.  It smells like clutch more than a rotten egg, but I don't think(?) its my clutch.  It's not the brakes, that much I know.  I know nothing about cars so I probably am not helping much.
Reciprocity

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

2003 Saab 95
To be honest its only when I get out of the car that I smell it.  It smells like clutch more than a rotten egg, but I don't think(?) its my clutch.  It's not the brakes, that much I know.  I know nothing about cars so I probably am not helping much.
Have you recently driven the car with the parking brake accidentally engaged?

If the smell in constant enough that it's continual concern, I'd recommend taking it to a shop and having them test drive it and go for a ride with you.  They can observe your driving habits and assess any concerns and evaluate any potential brake, clutch, transmission or engine malfunctions.
Benzin
+576|5999
If you're getting a smell like rotten eggs, I would bet money on the catalytic converter. My S13 used to have the same problem.

Evilhamburglar wrote:

You drive an S2000 and you say that....wow. You know that got number 4 on top ten cars gay people drive last month. Im not making that up either.

I drive a Silverado and a Yamaha R6. Both which can probably smoke the G35.

Anyways, drive what you want but Im telling you your wasting your money especially if you think your buying a race car or luxury car.

Don't rush in to this. You can get a lot of other cars for that much money.
Do you have any idea what you're talking about when you talk? I invite you to look at the SCCA. In national championships a few years ago, the top car in A-class was the Corvette. The top car in B-class was the Honda S2000. The SCCA bumped the S2000 up to A-class because the drivers in B-class were putting out times faster than the Corvettes in A-class and significantly faster in B-class and making B-class a bit unfair. The S2000 has been going strong ever since.

BTW - you know what Honda's original plan with the S2000 was? Give the driver the closest possible road experience to an F1 car. The original concept had the driver completely separated from the passenger seat by a partition. The first generation of cars were also too much for your average driver. They had to lower the redline from 9k to 8k and then put in a few more electronic safety nets because people were killing themselves in the S2000. I've ridden in a Comptech supercharged S2k, too and let me tell you - your Corvette would have been dusted.

If you really want to add some power to your G35, though, look into either a twin-turbo kit or a supercharger. Just be aware that the bottom end of that VQ35DE is only good up until about 430whp (IIRC, and that was pushing things). But nonetheless, if you get the G35, you'll enjoy it. It's just a more luxurious 350Z, but you get the reliability and the well-built quality of a Japanese car. Same with the S2000.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5681
Never thought spending $20,000 would be this hard.
The#1Spot
+105|6540|byah

CapnNismo wrote:

If you're getting a smell like rotten eggs, I would bet money on the catalytic converter. My S13 used to have the same problem.

Evilhamburglar wrote:

You drive an S2000 and you say that....wow. You know that got number 4 on top ten cars gay people drive last month. Im not making that up either.

Anyways, drive what you want but Im telling you your wasting your money especially if you think your buying a race car or luxury car.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about when you talk? I invite you to look at the SCCA. In national championships a few years ago, the top car in A-class was the Corvette. The top car in B-class was the Honda S2000. The SCCA bumped the S2000 up to A-class because the drivers in B-class were putting out times faster than the Corvettes in A-class and significantly faster in B-class and making B-class a bit unfair. The S2000 has been going strong ever since.

BTW - you know what Honda's original plan with the S2000 was? Give the driver the closest possible road experience to an F1 car. The original concept had the driver completely separated from the passenger seat by a partition. The first generation of cars were also too much for your average driver. They had to lower the redline from 9k to 8k and then put in a few more electronic safety nets because people were killing themselves in the S2000. I've ridden in a Comptech supercharged S2k, too and let me tell you - your Corvette would have been dusted.

If you really want to add some power to your G35, though, look into either a twin-turbo kit or a supercharger. Just be aware that the bottom end of that VQ35DE is only good up until about 430whp (IIRC, and that was pushing things). But nonetheless, if you get the G35, you'll enjoy it. It's just a more luxurious 350Z, but you get the reliability and the well-built quality of a Japanese car. Same with the S2000.
One thing you forgot to mention is that the S2000 holds their value too well. I still see to occasional 1999-2000 Honda S2000 still cost near or around 20k.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker

CapnNismo wrote:

I've ridden in a Comptech supercharged S2k, too and let me tell you - your Corvette would have been dusted.
Comptech S2k is 1.5 seconds slower 0-60 than a stock Vette, let alone a Z06.

PS My cousin's stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline can do 13.92 @ 104 in the quarter mile, which matches the Comptech. And that's on stock tires at 32psi, no burnout.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-10-23 16:18:02)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6392|Southern California

CapnNismo wrote:

Evilhamburglar wrote:

Save your breath...
I had a long winded rant about this guy in the thread, but it was too mean and was deleted.

Basically he is just another one of those "car guys" who really only likes cars because its an easy way to buy cool.
Evilhamburglar
+4|5972
Hahahaha the s2000 costs 20k too? They look like they should sell brand new for about $5,000. Oh yeah and I could care less if your a mechanic, I know plenty of them, and I used to work at a speed shop. By the way, you cant seem to name one fact of why the corvette is a piece of shit. Ive said it before and you didn't respond: How is it I know 2 people with  '98 vette's that have had zero problems. The only thing they've changed is tires and fluids. One would think being a piece of shit that falls apart around you, it wouldn't even run at the ten year mark.

Oh really viktor, well I would love to see that comptech car beat a lingenfelter vette.

Last edited by Evilhamburglar (2008-10-23 17:14:46)

VicktorVauhn

Evilhamburglar wrote:

Hahahaha the s2000 costs 20k too? They look like they should sell brand new for about $5,000. Oh yeah and I could care less if your a mechanic, I know plenty of them, and I used to work at a speed shop. By the way, you cant seem to name one fact of why the corvette is a piece of shit. Ive said it before and you didn't respond: How is it I know 2 people with  '98 vette's that have had zero problems. The only thing they've changed is tires and fluids. One would think being a piece of shit that falls apart around you, it wouldn't even run at the ten year mark.
Can we have pictures of your speed shop, and the cars you built? It seems like that would probably be funny...
Evilhamburglar
+4|5972
http://www.streetperformance.com/parts/ … ducts.html

I hope you don't laugh too hard, I'm sure the McDonalds you work at is way cooler.
VicktorVauhn

Evilhamburglar wrote:

http://www.streetperformance.com/parts/bessant-engineering-products.html

I hope you don't laugh too hard, I'm sure the McDonalds you work at is way cooler.
I don't work, I just go to school right now... Engineering degree + leading the development of our schools race car's suspension doesn't leave a lot of extra time.

What did you do at the company?
Evilhamburglar
+4|5972
Everything. Dyno tested cars and souped them up. This was about 8 years ago when I was in high school. Mainly, I helped the master mechanic with whatever he wanted. Was a cool job, but a very dirty one and the pay wasn't very good.
VicktorVauhn
So in highs schooling you did odd jobs at a performance shop. Definitely have credibility over a practicing mechanic.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

I've been ignoring this thread.

Now I can ignore it for a completely different reason.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard