Ice.Man.CRO
+0|6801
Ok, we all know this is comming. The US economy is going well DOWN!!!! And the EU and China are having an economic boom. The war in Iraq was a last desperate attemt to hold on to something. So how do you think it will end, will the US go gracefully into the sunset, slowly rot away like the USSR or will it go out in a blaze of fire??
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6746|The United Center
probably none of the above.  although i don't see the US being a superpower forever, i don't think its decline will happen anytime soon.
Tempelridderen
+0|6732

ThomasMorgan wrote:

probably none of the above.  although i don't see the US being a superpower forever, i don't think its decline will happen anytime soon.
Agree with u..
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6834|Deutschland/Germany
EU is having an economic b00m? Are we talking about the same EU? The one in Europe? )

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-01-22 09:39:50)

elite
+89|6713|Sheffield, England
whats happening to the usa to cause its economy problems, whats heppening over there? high unemployment? what?
[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov
+9|6701|North Kackalaka
If we go down all the rest of your countries will too, cause everyones eles economy depends on American dollars.  If the US economy goes bust it will be another dark ages on par with what happend after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Last edited by [DR2nd]Dr.Smoov (2006-01-22 12:20:14)

shazbot101
+1|6703|Massachusetts
yea i dont see the USA's power decline for a long time, the stockmarket is around where it was before september 11 and i really dont think the war in Iraq will cause the US to implode
elite
no way, the world can live without usa, people say we cant but we can
RDMC_old
+0|6735|Almere, Holland
Figuring that an economic boom is good.. ur totally wrong!! that f*cked up Euro ruined everything!!!!! unless a boom aint good then ur right
BerryBlastKoolAid
+0|6675
I don't seem to recall the EU having significant economic gains. In 50 years, I see the economic superpowers to be US, China, and India.
elite
yea the eu growth is slow, britian making only 2 % growth and germany not even making 1 %, italy is in crisis, so its not all looking good
Rosse_modest
+76|6775|Antwerp, Flanders

RDMC wrote:

Figuring that an economic boom is good.. ur totally wrong!! that f*cked up Euro ruined everything!!!!! unless a boom aint good then ur right
Did it?
I haven't noticed...
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6781|The Hague, Holland
US, this is your last chance to join the EU ..
And after that Russia will join the EU and then the EU pwnz everything.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6785

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Nice ultimatum there .

I really dont see the USA loosing power any time soon, not for decades, and it will take something more than an economic slump to finally put its people and the country itself down.  The Americans are a strong people, but sooner or later, time will tell.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6712|Wherever the F**k i feel like

elite wrote:

yea the eu growth is slow, britian making only 2 % growth and germany not even making 1 %, italy is in crisis, so its not all looking good
Britian isnt part of the EU.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6712|Wherever the F**k i feel like

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

dude russia was beaten by afganastan. the u.s. beat afganastan. so by the trasitive property the u.s. beat russia
ex-static
+15|6688

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

elite wrote:

Britian isnt part of the EU.
LOL how long have you been asleep???

Britain doesn't have the euro, but is a part of the EU
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715
The United States economy is doing very well... get your facts straight...  If the US is so awful... why are so
many people trying to come here...  EU economy booming... yeah right... lmfao...
what an ignorant post not based on any facts...  GL          CB
Love is the answer
rgp58
Ti Faccio un Culo Cosi
+0|6746|San Carlos, CA

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

dude russia was beaten by afganastan. the u.s. beat afganastan. so by the trasitive property the u.s. beat russia
Any post using the transitive property, pwns, in my book...

(although most would say that your use of it in this argument isn't applicable)
GeneralDodo
+5|6695
bunch of liberal crap. the US economy isnt as bad as you think. Thats only what the liberal left-wing media is trying to make it seem like. Don't listen to their bullcrap, its not good for you.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6682|Stillwater, Ok

RDMC wrote:

Actually smart ass an economic boom is the last thing an economy wants.  Doing so causes over spending and an increase in the inflation rate.  You want a gradual growth of usualy 2-5% a year not the 8-9% the US experieced in the 1990's.  Booms are good for the time but when they run out the economy goes down hard.
  Also the Euro was a last ditch effort to bring growth back to europe so that everyone that was part of the union had a set currency instead of each country having their each individual currency. This was to allow for easier trades and exchange rates....They waited till it was almost too late to start such a program but atleast its alive.

Last edited by 2ndLt.Tucker (2006-01-22 14:53:18)

Clibby
+0|6745
GeneralDodo is right, even though the US government has a huge amount of debt, the economy is actually doing better than it did before Sept 11, 2001. I don't know where you are getting your info, but he national debt and the national economy are not one in the same.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6743
If we go down we're taking everyone else down with us.  (We can't let all of these nukes go to waste). lol. just kidding.  I doubt we could even launch the nukes in a time of crisis...(lets see 2 people on opposite sides of the room have to turn 2 keys each simultaneously with an identical room of 2 people with 2 keys each 5 miles away after each room enters the happy code of the day while standing on one foot blindfolded after spinning arround in tight circles for 10 seconds...the list goes on...).

Last edited by the_ubernoob_ (2006-01-22 15:12:36)

elite
would the peoples debt come into it? such as british public is 1 trillion in debt, and we are slowing, how much in debt is the american public?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard