Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6563

Shitty band with shitty music IMO
Psych0
+5|6498|Quebec, Canada
I'm currently listening to the album for the... 10Th time maybe. I agree with you that hero of war is awesome. The lyrics are just amazing. I like entertainment too, collapse, hairline fracture are the best imo.

For those who say that RA is becoming mainstream, they aren't. Like haffey said, listen to their lyrics, not mainstream at all. It just doesn't sound like the other albums, but again every album is different. And no, it's not screamo, not this album at least. Maybe a couple of songs on SSoCC and RPM could be qualified as screamo, but RA most of their song aren't screamo at all.

I must say Rise Against is my favorite band. The album is pretty good, lyrically one of the best, but not musically as good as RPM or SSoCC.

Can't wait to hear their new stuff live.
jamiet757
+138|6613
One thing comes to mind:

Men without hats: Safety Dance

Look it up.

Also, Me first and the gimme gimme's: Eastbound and Down

Last edited by jamiet757 (2008-10-17 19:10:34)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6385|The Gem Saloon

haffeysucks wrote:

Rise Against is the easily the best band out there lyric-wise;
gotta argue that.

maybe out of that genre they are the best, but hell would freeze over and they still wouldnt be the best out right now.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6622|New Hampshire, USA

Uzique wrote:

screamo rubbish

The screaming in that song drowned out your good points

One of my favorite songs of theirs btw

Last edited by -=]NS[=-Eagle (2008-10-17 19:34:41)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

Sgt Slutterzz wrote:

[03:35] steve lol: tell those fagets that rise agaisnt sucks balls and is not lyrically deep at all
[03:37] steve lol: circa survive and coheed and cambria rape rise against lyrically

Last edited by The Sheriff (2008-10-17 19:43:20)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

MadKatter wrote:

Rise Against isn't screamo OR mainstream, ya'll are retarded. Take a fucking look at the lyrics, Rise Against is no "My Chemical Romance" or "Greenday".
Neither of those bands are screamo, haha, oh dear.

Those lyrics are mind-blowing, seriously; Rise Against have a mastery of the rhyming couplet that rivals that of Alexander Pope! And the patronising and predictable songs about global warming and the environment, whilst they jet around the world to play shows to crowds of angsty "Save the planet man!" 14 year olds and mass-produce millions of CD's with packaging and printing. How radical they are, how truly thought provoking. They're basically like our modern generation's Bob Dylan, only way cooler! Really bringing creative lyricism to the forefront of the music scene, whining incessantly in a musical adaptation of an Al Gore presentation.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-10-17 22:52:37)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6147|Vancouver | Canada

Uzique wrote:

And the patronising and predictable songs about global warming and the environment, whilst they jet around the world to play shows to crowds of angsty "Save the planet man!" 14 year olds and mass-produce millions of CD's with packaging and printing.
Lol?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
U r a smart one.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
CrazeD
+368|6664|Maine

Uzique wrote:

whining incessantly in a musical adaptation of an Al Gore presentation.
I lol'ed

I like RA though, good band IMO.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

DefCon-17 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

And the patronising and predictable songs about global warming and the environment, whilst they jet around the world to play shows to crowds of angsty "Save the planet man!" 14 year olds and mass-produce millions of CD's with packaging and printing.
Lol?
i loled as well.  although i can't find anything to argue against it, i doubt they would do that; can you find proof that they do?  as for the CD part, i can't deny it.  yet the production impact of CDs is so insignificant when you're trying to spread the word.

i won't pressure you to do this, but try and take a look at the ready to fall video.  i just want to convince you to not hate them.

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
You're spreading the word to a bunch of angsty 14-year old teens that need mommy to drive them to the local Wal-Mart to buy the album in the first place. I'm sorry but you can't have some environmentalist / political / social tirade against any cause when the average listener to your music is about as capable of bringing about change as a paraplegic is of winning the 100M sprint.

Rise Against are doing nothing new, stop heralding their lyricism as some sort of genius. Angsty teenage bands have been complaining about the same shit for years, I listened to it too and loved it as well. The difference is that I didn't compare their writing skill to Milton or Shakespeare in terms of creativity and awesomeness.

So, I argue that the cost of mass-production and jetting all over the world to play various gigs in different continents (you doubt they do that? What, they only play gigs in the Chicago area- getting from venue to venue via bicycle or something) isn't worth it for "spreading the word". Leave the 'spreading the word' to Al Gore, at least he got a Nobel Prize for it

Oh, and I saw the video when first did the rounds on the satellite music stations. It makes me feel ill. I don't want to be patronised with 'emotional' and pretentious video footage of polar bears and fucking dolphins whilst some corporate-owned hypocrit screams into a microphone- fuck that! The shameless self-promotion of their album is killing polar bears and dolphins as we speak with their industrial by-products and touring pollutants, the wankers. Plus the only people that find a fragment of impact or influence in this video are raging teenagers- and I'm sure Rise Against know who their main political 'congregation' and following are when their gigs are full of the fuckers. Therefore, they're dumb as fuck, and they're cashing in on this 'Save the planet!' shit that every fat corporation and record label is peddling nowadays.

TL;DR: Fuck Rise Against, self-defeating wankstains.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-10-18 07:20:23)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6638
Wow, you really put too much thought into music. It's just music. You either like it or you don't.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Wow, you really put too much thought into music. It's just music. You either like it or you don't.
But their shitty ostentatious facade attempts to make it more than music, thus opening it for scrutiny and ridicule.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-10-18 07:39:34)

Brasso
+1,549|6622

Uzique wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

But their shitty ostentatious facade attempts to make it more than music, thus opening it for scrutiny and ridicule.
¯\(°_o)/¯
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Parker
isteal

haffeysucks wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Lol?
i loled as well.  although i can't find anything to argue against it, i doubt they would do that; can you find proof that they do?  as for the CD part, i can't deny it.  yet the production impact of CDs is so insignificant when you're trying to spread the word.

i won't pressure you to do this, but try and take a look at the ready to fall video.  i just want to convince you to not hate them.

that is supposed to provide an example of lyrical genius?

rarely do i agree with uzique, but this is complete crap. i cant believe i agreed to go see these guys

here is an example of ONE guy that has more lyrical talent in his left foot than that entire band.
and btw, did the lead singer really ONLY sing? does he not play any instruments?
thats horrible.

Last edited by Parker (2008-10-18 07:49:32)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

Parker wrote:

rarely do i agree with uzique
Lolwut.

Rarely do I see a Parker post without a picture of him holding a gun/banjo/knife.

Today is full of surprises.
Parker
isteal

Uzique wrote:

Rarely do I see a Parker post without a picture of him holding a gun/banjo/knife.
another fanboy

sorry you lack talent beyond berating 14 year olds in a video game forum.
if you did, maybe you would have something else to post about

edit:

and just so i dont let you down

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/1018.jpg

or wait, do i need to be holding those?

Last edited by Parker (2008-10-18 07:59:43)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6188|Winland

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

It's just a band.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Brasso
+1,549|6622

Parker wrote:

that is supposed to provide an example of lyrical genius?
that was just a video about their animal cruelty stance.

there, something without distractions

how about we all agree on dispatch and leave it at that?

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-10-18 08:22:25)

Phaytal
+20|6145|Engarlandd
Used to like them, now from what I've seen they've decided to fall into the bucket of "Lets change the world with our music" shit that every band seems to fall into..
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

Parker wrote:

sorry you lack talent beyond berating 14 year olds in a video game forum.
if you did, maybe you would have something else to post about
Ur rite, I lack any real talent and berating 14 year olds on Internet Forums is my actual sole occupation and station in life.

The 'acoustic' song that was posted was more bearable than the wanky 'Save The Animalsssss' stuff that they were whining on about, but it was no cigar.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

Uzique wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Rise Against isn't screamo OR mainstream, ya'll are retarded. Take a fucking look at the lyrics, Rise Against is no "My Chemical Romance" or "Greenday".
Neither of those bands are screamo, haha, oh dear.
I'm quite aware of what "screamo" is. I was talking about mainstream. Greenday is the definition of sellout. My Chemical Romance is great if you're 13 and hate the world.
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6436|Lisburn, NI
I love Rise Against so much

Oh, and lol @ the haters, 'cause they don't get it, foo'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard