Brasso
+1,549|6622

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/ATRFinal.jpg

Well, this album has truly shown it deserves its own thread to me.  I've listened to it a couple times, and damn, it is a good album.

Hero of War is easily the best song of the album.  The lyrics are amazing, as usual.  Rise Against is the easily the best band out there lyric-wise; all of their songs have so much depth and opinion stuck in them that...argh.  Can't think of any other word except amazing.

Give it a listen.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6227|S.A. Australia
Meh, never really had time for them to be honest
Serious Flex
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Awesome, will be acquiring shortly. <3 Rise Against.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
Mainstream and bland screamo rubbish deserves a thread?

At least make a thread for the self-deserving Envy/Thursday split, or the latest Raein LP.

Jeesh.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
Wrong Section
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6380|New York
They're pretty good and have decent lyrics. I don't regard them as one of the more talented bands I listen to, but they're good in their own way.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639

Uzique wrote:

At least make a thread for the self-deserving Envy/Thursday split, or the latest Raein LP.

Jeesh.
Oh no, not mainstream! If more than 10 people like the same thing as me I'd just die!
BlackKoala
+215|6317
I fucking love this album.

Savior, Audience of One, Strength to Go On, and Collapse are my favorite tracks.  Those are in order too, with Savior topping it out as numero uno.

All of the songs rock though, I've had the entire disc on in my car for a week.  And it's not screamo you ignorant fucker.

It's also got me into more Rise Against, which isn't the same as this disc, but still good.
robcr9
+111|5973
Rise Against is awesome period
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6124|Scotland!
downloaded it a while ago.

What a shower of shite imo.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

I'm Jamesey wrote:

downloaded it a while ago.

What a shower of shite imo.
This man speaks the truth.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Didn't live up to my expectations.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon
they are coming here in november, and i agreed to go see them with my business partner.

not a fan at all, tbh...but he has gone to some pretty weird shows with me, so i owe him i guess lol.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

Didn't appeal to me.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5923|Somewhere out in Space
/wrists
BlackKoala
+215|6317

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

/wrists
hahaha, right/

Last edited by BlackKoala (2008-10-17 08:46:01)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6278|eng
Haven't heard the album, but Injection and Prayer of the Refugee are awesome Rise Against songs.
#rekt
BlackKoala
+215|6317

Mint Sauce wrote:

Prayer of the Refugee
I love when the chorus kicks in on that song.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Jeesh.
Oh no, not mainstream! If more than 10 people like the same thing as me I'd just die!
'Mainstream' in this sense describes the style of their sound; dilute, bland, predictable, formulaic.

I don't discern between bands based on their chart sales.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
BlackKoala
+215|6317

Uzique wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Jeesh.
'Mainstream' in this sense describes the style of their sound; dilute, bland, predictable, formulaic.

I don't discern between bands based on their chart sales.
Go ahead and tell us what you listen to.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
Wagner.

Seriously, there's a lot more to hardcore / screamo music than the bands you'll find on the front-cover of Kerrang! magazine.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

"mainstream,""bland," "screamo," "shite," and "/wrists" were some of the comments i heard.  try actually listening to them?  music is personal, yes, but it doesn't qualify anyone to make assumptions about music they haven't listened to.  they are hardly mainstream - many people i've talked to (around here, at least) have never even heard of them.  as for bland, whatever.  screamo - if making political and environmental statements is screamo, then sure.  shite, your opinion.  /wrists - again: listen to the lyrics, it's not "oh my god my girlfriend left me," but something more like "our world is becoming shit because of the way we're treating it."

Collapse (Post-Amerika) wrote:

When our rivers run dry and our crops cease to grow
And when our summers grow longer and winters won’t snow
From the banks of the ocean and the ice in the hills
To the fight in the desert where progress stands still
When we’ve lost our will

When the air that we breathe becomes air that we choke
When the marsh fever spreads from the swamps to our homes
When your home on the range has been torn down and paved and
The buffalo roam to a slaughterhouse grave
What more will it take

For us to know
This is not a test, oh no
This is cardiac arrest
Of a world too proud to admit our mistakes
Kissing the ground as well fall from grace

Lights go out as we pass the torch again
In hope that it stays lit
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6690

Already bought it.
Chamber the Cartridge is still my favorite song by them, though.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2008-10-17 14:58:16)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas
Rise Against isn't screamo OR mainstream, ya'll are retarded. Take a fucking look at the lyrics, Rise Against is no "My Chemical Romance" or "Greenday".
robcr9
+111|5973

MadKatter wrote:

Rise Against isn't screamo OR mainstream, ya'll are retarded. Take a fucking look at the lyrics, Rise Against is no "My Chemical Romance" or "Greenday".
Has parts, but its varied and a lot less of it than other bands. Ramstein are worst for it tbh.

and yes Prayer for the refugee and Injection are my favourites.

But guys remember, you gotta give it all...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard