Braddock
Agitator
+916|6294|Éire
That's the often heard claim from the usual suspects on these boards and further afield. "Muslims come over to our countries and expect to live by their own laws and values even though they're not compatible with our way of life" and so on and so on.

Well check out these two Westerners in Dubai who were arrested for having sex in public on a beach.

The door swings both ways my friends.

Last edited by Braddock (2008-10-16 06:58:40)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6157|what

They were fined 1,000 dirhams (£160; $350) and will be deported after serving their sentences.

Their lawyer says the pair will appeal against the verdict.

A spokesman for the judge said Acors and Palmer would be jailed and then deported for the offences of unmarried sex and public indecency.

He added that they had been fined for being drunk in a public place.

"The sentence of three months is usual in these cases. We get many cases of this kind," he said.
Surprised that the sentence is worse if your unmarried, but I don't have a problem with it. Sounds like they were drunk off their face as well.

And the sentence of three months is usual, so inb4 lowing says it was all a beat up because they are white.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6003|The Mitten
Their defence lawyer Hassan Matter said the pair were upset but not surprised by the verdict.
EE (hats
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

Braddock wrote:

That's the often heard claim from the usual suspects on these boards and further afield. "Muslims come over to our countries and expect to live by their own laws and values even though they're not compatible with our way of life" and so on and so on.

Well check out these two Westerners in Dubai who were arrested for having sex in public on a beach.

Ok so what is the problem? The host country did not tolerate it and they wer earrested, as they should have been. Yet when a Muslim does not get to wash his fucking feet in a public face and hand sink he is discriminated against. Thanks for pointing out the double standard Braddock.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6294|Éire

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Ok so what is the problem? The host country did not tolerate it and they wer earrested, as they should have been. Yet when a Muslim does not get to wash his fucking feet in a public face and hand sink he is discriminated against. Thanks for pointing out the double standard Braddock.
My point is that you get douchebags in every country who think that foreign societies should submit to them and their way of life rather than the other way around... just observe any chav English family on holiday in the Mediterranean, "what do mean there's no chips for the kids, I came 'ere on a plane you cunt".

These idiots exist in every community but they do not reflect their community at large. They are stupid, ignorant and cause a big scene when they complain and make a fuss and they reflect badly on their community... but they do not accurately reflect their communities. People like you lowing pay too much attention to the minority who cause a big fuss and make a big noise and ignore the majority who are quietly going about their business in peaceful co-existence.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

My point is that you get douchebags in every country who think that foreign societies should submit to them and their way of life rather than the other way around... just observe any chav English family on holiday in the Mediterranean, "what do mean there's no chips for the kids, I came 'ere on a plane you cunt".

These idiots exist in every community but they do not reflect their community at large. They are stupid, ignorant and cause a big scene when they complain and make a fuss and they reflect badly on their community... but they do not accurately reflect their communities. People like you lowing pay too much attention to the minority who cause a big fuss and make a big noise and ignore the majority who are quietly going about their business in peaceful co-existence.
Get back with me when this couple sues the country for discrimination for not letting them fuck on the beach, until then, no comparison.

I will also tell you about 20 years ago I guess there was a punk American teenager in Taiwan that got caught painting graffiti. the punishment in Taiwan for this was caning. Americans, as arrogant as we are, thought this kid should not get caned because "he was an American". I was all for it, and they did wind up caning this kid. I do not have double standards Braddock. I believe I am just as responsible for my behavior and actions in other countries as I expect immigrants or visitors to be in America.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6625|London, England
It was Singapore, not Taiwan. But yeah, I agree, different country, different rules. It seems like the UAE has the balls to make sure everyone plays by their rules, but not so much over here.

Also this is the guy lowing was talking about, I think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

I lol'd tbh
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6294|Éire

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

Get back with me when this couple sues the country for discrimination for not letting them fuck on the beach, until then, no comparison.

I will also tell you about 20 years ago I guess there was a punk American teenager in Taiwan that got caught painting graffiti. the punishment in Taiwan for this was caning. Americans, as arrogant as we are, thought this kid should not get caned because "he was an American". I was all for it, and they did wind up caning this kid. I do not have double standards Braddock. I believe I am just as responsible for my behavior and actions in other countries as I expect immigrants or visitors to be in America.
The parallel is not to do with appeasement, the parallel is between the mentality of Muslims who believe society should tolerate them and not the other way around and Westerners who are guilty of the exact same mentality when they visit Islamic countries.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6605|132 and Bush

An outrage! I shall retaliate by sending out a postcard with a puppy on it.

But yea you should really respect the law of the land.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

It was Singapore, not Taiwan. But yeah, I agree, different country, different rules. It seems like the UAE has the balls to make sure everyone plays by their rules, but not so much over here.

Also this is the guy lowing was talking about, I think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

I lol'd tbh
Thats right Singapore thanks for the correction, can you believe it was that long ago already? jeez
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

The parallel is not to do with appeasement, the parallel is between the mentality of Muslims who believe society should tolerate them and not the other way around and Westerners who are guilty of the exact same mentality when they visit Islamic countries.
I disagree, like I said people that immagrate to America are sueing for discrimination becasue they are not afforded the same bullshit that they have in their home countries. This couple, when they sue for not being allowed to fuck on the beach, will be a comparison to that, and you know it, stop being so stubborn about it.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6294|Éire

lowing wrote:

I disagree, like I said people that immagrate to America are sueing for discrimination becasue they are not afforded the same bullshit that they have in their home countries. This couple, when they sue for not being allowed to fuck on the beach, will be a comparison to that, and you know it, stop being so stubborn about it.
No lowing. No.

I was not talking about appeasement, I was talking about the mindset of these people and their lack of respect for the society and culture they are placing themselves in.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6657|pimelteror.de
It is always easier, to judge other peoples behaviour, than to judge his own.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

No lowing. No.

I was not talking about appeasement, I was talking about the mindset of these people and their lack of respect for the society and culture they are placing themselves in.
To that I agree completely. However, you made the comparison to Islam in our society. To that I maintain that the people on the beach were not trying to change society. They were having sex. Islam in the UK America or anywhere else IS trying to change that society.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

It is always easier, to judge other peoples behaviour, than to judge his own.
Yup yer right.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6294|Éire

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

No lowing. No.

To that I agree completely. However, you made the comparison to Islam in our society. To that I maintain that the people on the beach were not trying to change society. They were having sex. Islam in the UK America or anywhere else IS trying to change that society.
No lowing, only some of them are... and they can be compared to the ignorant, brash tourists on holiday demanding that the society they are a guest in accommodate them rather than the other way around.

Stop bundling huge groups of people in together lowing. For a guy who constantly bangs on about 'the individual' it comes across as incredibly hypocritical.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6300|Bloomington Indiana
im pretty sure having sex in public in any country is illegal....
tbh these people were just stupid....they woulda been punished anywhere
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6582|Columbus, OH
They should of swam out into international waters to have sex, then maybe attacked by sharks to make this more newsworthy.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6415|'Murka

Braddock wrote:

and they can be compared to the ignorant, brash tourists on holiday demanding that the society they are a guest in accommodate them rather than the other way around.
I don't think these two are demanding that they be allowed to scrog on a beach. They got drunk, got nasty, and got arrested. They're not saying it should be legal to do that (btw, it's illegal to do that in public in most countries) and that the laws of Dubai should be changed to allow drunken shaggery on public beaches.

This really is a stretch comparison, Braddock. The Fay case lowing brought up is a more apt comparison, imo.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

Braddock wrote:

No lowing. No.

No lowing, only some of them are... and they can be compared to the ignorant, brash tourists on holiday demanding that the society they are a guest in accommodate them rather than the other way around.

Stop bundling huge groups of people in together lowing. For a guy who constantly bangs on about 'the individual' it comes across as incredibly hypocritical.
No it does not, since  Iam not speaking of the indivivual. ISLAM and its teachings do not adhere to western morality, equality, and tolerance. Our own constitution of freedoms tolerance and rights has been used against, us to push forward an agenda by this culture and religion that does not mirror those qualities. This is done in the form of PC.

Now, I know you do not agree with that but there is no comparison between 2 people having sex on the beach and an agenda to modify society.
jsnipy
+3,276|6527|...

they do have some pretty beaches tbh
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Braddock wrote:

Bleh. Westerners arrest Westerners for that.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Bleh. Westerners arrest Westerners for that.
Braddock is trying to tie sex on the beach as the same thing as suing a govt. for discrimination because foot washing sinks are not installed in public places or having to show your fucking face on a drivers license.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5706|College Park, MD
lol dubai
stupid fucking place

"Come to our beautiful beaches and hotels! Nevermind the slave workers, the alcohol ban, and the inability to show any affection for your significant other except in your hotel room!"
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6720
If the couple wen't back to the UK and got all their friends to go apeshit and be outraged and protest at the couples treatment while in dubai...
then it would be a fair comparison...  if not... it's 2 drunk... horny...idiots that got caught and got deported...lol
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard