Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6149
I was in the Cobra on Oman and the SU was strafing us, but I didn't have the angle for a TV shot.  He was smoking heavily, so I shot the cannon more out of hope than expectation.  The jet went on fire.  I found this amusing.  Unfortunately my glee was diluted; the pilot bailed out of the jet and started to float down, thumbing his nose and making "ner ner ner" noises while doing so.  I wanted +4, not +2.

We were at fairly close range so there was absolutely no scope for redirecting after firing (I hate trying to make close shots on any kind of target, let alone ones that small) but I was feeling lucky, so there was only one thing for it.  I TVed him right in the fucking face.  He immediately called me an aimbotter, haha.

I doubt it gets much more clinical.  The guy is floating down staring at my chopper after evading a humiliating death, then cops a TV in the face.  It was mainly luck, but it gave me a good laugh.  It reminded me of why I like BF2 so much -- so many opportunities to make your own fun.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID
Nice one, I remember hitting a parachuting enemy once, but it was by accident ahahaha
xXDomination
iDF!
+26|6406|California
Aimbotter.
aimless
+166|6132|Texas
I always go back to get the pilots that bail. I'm getting a lot better at finding and mging parachuters.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6149
I'm good at hitting them from the ground as infantry, but never seem to manage to cannon 'em in choppers/jets >_<
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6481|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I once got a F35 on Wake with the TV. I think the sucker was trying to ram us since he didn't fire anything and was coming in a straight line towards us. It was all easy peasy to hit him. That's the only time I've managed to do it. One of the most killjoy moments is surely when a full helikeli is about to start landing at a flag on Wake and you blow it to pieces after they made the long and hard effort of dodging J-10's for several minutes
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6215
i remember fighting a pesky F35 pilot in my J10, eventually i got him and he ejected, so i did too, dropped down to his level, deployed shoot and shot him in the face.

he thought hed got away
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6654
I prefer to let them land on the ground and then splat them as soon as they hit the ground.

And if they land in water just fly past them a little and whip the tail down on them. Always fun to get the swimmers on Wake that way.

Your way was good to though. Take that statswhore.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6007|London ㋛

Mine was probably on oman too, in the viper (FYI not a cobra ) Su was being chased by f35, right up his ass, like feet away from him, as he was being chased took a pot shot at us, we swung round (facing the tail end of the dogfight), I shot a TV, guided it over the top of the f35 and into the ass of the SU. Beautiful shot.

Edit: OR, gator whoring with the apache. Took a shot, blind into the fog to the island and managed to get a quad, got a few hackusations after that one.

Last edited by Ec0li (2008-10-15 09:12:21)

JoshP
Banned
+176|5697|Notts, UK

twoblacklines wrote:

i remember fighting a pesky F35 pilot in my J10, eventually i got him and he ejected, so i did too, dropped down to his level, deployed shoot and shot him in the face.

he thought hed got away
haha nice, i'll try that some time
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6248|Man Diego

TVing any slow flying jet.  It is quite funny to see them try to hit their burners as I am shoving a TV missile up their rear.

Does the LGM (isn't that what the gunning seat in the bomber fires?) from the bomber count?  I got lucky and hit a jet once with my LGM.

I would never jump out of the J10, not that I fly the jets that often, to kill one infantry.  That would be way too risky when 90% of the BF2 population TKs for the J10 on Wake Island.  That makes your probability of getting the J10 again pretty slim, for those of you that couldn't follow.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6007|Aberdeen, Scotland
I hate pilots that bail, if you're scared to die, stay out of the sky

Worse when they do it in the redzone or just suicide to get back to their jet...so lame.
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6167|Dublin
My most satisfying yet:

Wake(Solo), full 64 man servers (Fast load ftw), PLA...

Hit full blackhawk, the debree then fell on a full car, something like 10 kills. I lol'd
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

Congrats on that hilarious and rightfully vengeful kill! Better yet, bigger congrats on having good enough hitreg to pull that off!
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|6007
kill'n the admins and t-bagg'n them
Perv3rt
+193|6248|Man Diego

G-NOT_(:0) wrote:

You teabaggs the debris?  I would get some good lulz when the debris blowing up killed you.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5697|Notts, UK

Perv3rt wrote:

G-NOT_(:0) wrote:

You teabaggs the debris?  I would get some good lulz when the debris blowing up killed you.
i love forcing TK's with the debris some idiot blows up the j10 on wake that i'm waiting for... lay next to the debris... boom... autokicked
Nihil
+15|5813|Malaga, Spain
This thread is another reminder to open your chute as late as humanly possible. It's dangerous up there, floating around defencelessly.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6149
Does the LGM (isn't that what the gunning seat in the bomber fires?) from the bomber count?  I got lucky and hit a jet once with my LGM.
It's actually surprisingly easy to get kills with the LGM on jets, particularly if it's against another bomber.  OK, it's maybe not 'easy', but it's a lot easier than you'd think because the laser guided missiles can catch up with jets very quickly.  I've lasered multiple jets in a single round before in the Chinese bomber.  If your pilot comes in behind another jet and the enemy jet is flying in a straight-ish line, just have a pop and see if you can get him before your pilot does.    In some circumstances it's basically a straight shot.

OT:
in the viper (FYI not a cobra smile)
It's also known as the Super Cobra afaik, so it's valid to call it the cobra
Perv3rt
+193|6248|Man Diego

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

It's actually surprisingly easy to get kills with the LGM on jets, particularly if it's against another bomber.  OK, it's maybe not 'easy', but it's a lot easier than you'd think because the laser guided missiles can catch up with jets very quickly.  I've lasered multiple jets in a single round before in the Chinese bomber.  If your pilot comes in behind another jet and the enemy jet is flying in a straight-ish line, just have a pop and see if you can get him before your pilot does.    In some circumstances it's basically a straight shot.

Lucky me, my pilots never seem to fly steady enough to hit another jet.  Although, I can't complain, because my bomber pilot can usually shoot down the other team's fighter jet.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6149
Like I said, it's easiest when coming in behind another jet that is flying straight (particularly if it's making a bombing run).  If it's flying straight, your jet will obviously fly straight ahead to follow it.  Just spam off a laser bomb and see if you can hit the other jet before he starts trying to evade the imminent lock tone.

Plus you get the fun of missing and hitting a flag by accident, resulting in 3 TKs
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6389|Oslo, Norway
I had an awesome round on Daqing yesterday. Had 42-10 KDR in Chinese heli (not veeery good) cause those U.S. bastards were hiding. But somehow I managed to shot down the U.S. bomber. He was aiming right at us and I fired a TV-missile just to get him out of the way. But I hit him right at the cockpit and the plane was shattered to pieces. 2 kills.
The enemies had just taken over East Oilfield and got their 2nd chopper, fully loaded with two men, 2 more killls before they even left the helipad. Yeah, I know... It's not fair but I won't have two choppers against me when I only can have one. 4 kills.
THEN we spotted the other heli who fired at the same second as I did and we (the other gunner and me) hit at the exactly same time!!! 6 kills and 1 death.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6597|California U.S.A
On Midnight Sun. PLA side

our squadleader got shot and the guy was teabagging him I hear over voip

I was a medic and saw where he got shot at on my medic request in the minimap hud.

for giggles i shot a TV from probably 250 meters out and the last few moments in my view I see the guy in mid bag and then I see his kill message.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

I hate trying to make close shots on any kind of target, let alone ones that small
Isn't the hitbox of a parachuting soldier larger than one on the ground?
The parachute at least does collide with walls when you jump off from them too close closely.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID

globefish23 wrote:

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

I hate trying to make close shots on any kind of target, let alone ones that small
Isn't the hitbox of a parachuting soldier larger than one on the ground?
The parachute at least does collide with walls when you jump off from them too close closely.
Also blows up your plane if you hit it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard