Giant_Squid500
+5|6689|U.S.A.
Im sure this has been said already since it's such an obvious problem. But im sick and tired of trying to relay messages to my team, only for the message to go unnoticed because people are using the pre-recorded voice messages or they just don't notice it because the team message text is the same color as all the other text (except enemy chat, which I don't care about).

I mean come on EA!!! I hate it when I see an enemy heading for an open flag and I try to give my team a message but it goes unnoticed because the text is all the same color, so I usually will type something like this: "ENEMY heading toward SUBURB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", and thats the only way anyone will notice the messages, and usually people get mad at me for typing like that, but what else am I suppose to do.

Crap, it can't be that hard to change all team chat text to, oh maybe Green or Red or Yellow, or whatever. Just some color that will get your team to notice the message. Why would we care what the enemy has to say to us, the enemy chat text shouldn't be red, team chat text should be Red, am I right or am I right!!!
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6765|Mark it zero.
i like that idea. also they should make it so text doesnt come up while you're reviving someone, or dropping supplies and medkits. that just completely covers the screen with worthless shit. you can just hear it so no need to see it.
Giant_Squid500
+5|6689|U.S.A.
Agree. And if EA is so content on keeping the text the same color, at least get rid of the recorded voice messages window and leave that space strictly for team chat and enemy chat.
Charmin
+1|6710
CAN I TURN ALL THOSE LOUZY 4-EVER STICKING MESSAGES OFF ?! ?! ?!

in the shear fog of war I see ntohing but who killed who and whatnot, votes and orders to send to my suqad and loads of other bs that all fog my screen and make it just harder to do good shooting.
bs6749
+3|6761
Do this so your message in the middle of teammates' screens? (Below)

Pretty simple huh?
                                                  Problem solved and more people notice it.

Last edited by bs6749 (2006-01-24 17:18:20)

kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6782|Toronto Canada
1337?
maef
+67|6700|Tulln, Austria
well, unfortunately all the colors you mentioned are already used
green: squad
yellow: commander
red: enemy

using even more colors would probably be confusing and cause people not to care about all the messages even more than they already do.

but they could make those pre-defined messages grey or something. that would already help a lot i think
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6730|Purplicious Wisconsin
How about a radio text in a different location rather than at the chat logo.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6713|Germany
Jup,good idea.

Colorcoding the squads would be helpful so that not only your squad can read the orders you give and lone wolfs or other squad member nearby can jump in to support the planned action.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard