Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5335|Sydney
They're not dating. But I know him well enough thus far to know he wouldn't just say that if he didn't mean it.
I'm forming a new band with a guy he's been living with and plays music with together, and they happen to be quite close mates. We have other mutual friends too. Can't always have it both ways I guess.
tuckergustav
+1,590|6070|...

Well, if you know him well enough to know he wouldn't just say that on a whim, then I say be a good friend to him and just a friend to her.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|6117|Places 'n such
Bros before hoes.
Unless she's particularly attractive.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Jaekus
+957|5335|Sydney
She's not overly hot but we get along quite well and share similar interests. Also have a lot more in common than I first realise.

I'm also kinda drunk so perhaps I should just sleep on it.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6912|Scotland

Jaekus wrote:

She's not overly hot but we get along quite well and share similar interests. Also have a lot more in common than I first realise.

I'm also kinda drunk so perhaps I should just sleep on it.
Hotness also has to do with personality, the more you feel you can bond with her, the more attracted you'll get to her.

But then again, I struggle when people say "not overly hot", because it's sort of hard to picture that.

Give it some time, and if you find yourself really liking her and your new friend hasn't made a move, then she's all yours. Especially if she likes you. The feeling has to be mutual, however much this new friend would like to marry her.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6805

Your friend sounds crazy, it's not the 40's anymore, you can't just called marriage dibs on girls you haven't spoken to.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|6117|Places 'n such

ghettoperson wrote:

Your friend sounds crazy, it's not the 40's anymore, you can't just called marriage dibs on girls you haven't spoken to.
Yeah you can, dibs is legally binding. Wouldn't go so far as to apply it to marriage but there's nothing wrong with calling dibs on a girl at a bar.
(My sexism is totally post-modern and therefore acceptable )

Last edited by presidentsheep (2011-01-21 10:15:31)

I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Jaekus
+957|5335|Sydney
To be fair, we were all semi-drunk to say the least (not totalled, but yeah) and this isn't Utah

But yeah, just going to see how it pans out. The marry bit was a little incorrect, but he did say "she's the love of my life, she just doesn't know it yet". I think he's been tuning her to the point where he can make his move for a while now, so I guess I'd feel pretty bad if I pulled the rug out from under his feet, so to speak. Dunno. She's got a degree in psychology, I work in mental health, she loves going out to watch live music, I play in bands, she said she used to have a crush on the drummer in one band when they were neighbours for 18 months, he and I share a similar sense of humour. Again, just gonna wait and see. This one is a lot easier to track down lol, already done the facebook thing

Wow, this is a lot more rational when I'm (almost) sober and have had some sleep, lol.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6895|Toronto | Canada

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Hooked up with one of my super close friends last night, one of those small town really innocent and cute girls. And she's part of my group of close friends, hopefully won't make it awkward with the group

ghettoperson wrote:

When you say hooked up, do you mean made out or banged (bung?)?
and now its bung... oops   gonna be awkward ugh
Jaekus
+957|5335|Sydney
Bung? She's not a fucking beer keg, lol! (or is she? )
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6895|Toronto | Canada

i was just using his verb haha
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6728

god this thread is gay
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6841|United States of America

Winston_Churchill wrote:

i was just using his verb haha
In that sort of tense, I reckon "bung" would be used "sung" is. Therefore, "bung" is likely acceptable if one is using a past participle of the verb "to bing" in the same sense.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5630|Ventura, California
What the heck is your guys' problem?!

I got to a store a month or two ago on a Tuesday around 5PM. Now a few months later I finally get an opportunity to go to that particular store again and it was after school on a Tuesday and ended up being 5PM again. So realizing it was the same freaking day and time I thought my chances of seeing her again were pretty high and I'd ask her out.

I'm no freaking stalker. Morons gezus

and if you have any tips make 'em or point out my mistakes don't be all "lol stalker" it doesn't help anybody. Damn schedule changes, hope she still works there.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6966|Marathon, Florida Keys

-Sh1fty- wrote:

What the heck is your guys' problem?!

I got to a store a month or two ago on a Tuesday around 5PM. Now a few months later I finally get an opportunity to go to that particular store again and it was after school on a Tuesday and ended up being 5PM again. So realizing it was the same freaking day and time I thought my chances of seeing her again were pretty high and I'd ask her out.

I'm no freaking stalker. Morons gezus

and if you have any tips make 'em or point out my mistakes don't be all "lol stalker" it doesn't help anybody. Damn schedule changes, hope she still works there.
You are one weird kid
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5630|Ventura, California
How so Mr. Patton sir?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
U met a girl in a store a month ago and ur gonna go back there expecting her to remember you and your going to ask her out?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5514|London, England

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

U met a girl in a store a month ago and ur gonna go back there expecting her to remember you and your going to ask her out?
Without having spoken a word to her on the previous visit.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

JohnG@lt wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Without having spoken a word to her on the previous visit.
i missed that part.

I take it back, you've surpassed weird and went straight to fucking creepy ass stalker dude.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6779|Little Bentcock
I don't that part is weird at all. What is the difference between asking her the first time and now? I mean she doesn't remember him so it may as well be the first time..

The weird part is remembering the time and day you met her months apart :S
I thought he said she worked at vans cuz i didnt know what the fuck a vons was till i googled it. Its a grocery store LOL. How are you gonna ask her out? As shes ringing you up u gonna be like "lols i see ur ringing me up how about ur number so i can ring you up?". pfft.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5640|Bolingbrook, Illinois
shifty is an awkward turtle
Jaekus
+957|5335|Sydney
A grocery store? Are you seriously just going to say "Hi, I'm Shifty, can I take you out sometime?" as your very first words to her?

You're better off going there like once a week and kinda bantering with her in a FRIENDLY way and see if there's any interest. If she doesn't bite, try a different approach or something. Build up some rapport, create something there etc. Get her interested in you. If stil no dice, take the gamble and/or move on.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5514|London, England
The way he's building this up... what if she has a boyfriend? He's setting himself up for a big letdown
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6878|Sydney, Australia
lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard