Bevo
Nah
+718|6666|Austin, Texas
She's 16, she most likely doesn't have the maturity yet to deal with it. I mean, think about it. You're telling a 16 year old girl that her boyfriend wants to leave her for a long period of time, see her much less often, and have a higher risk of casualty. What's the expected reaction? Even if she was outwardly happy for you she would still take a while to soak it all in.

There's a big difference between a college guy (even in distance as you are) who can visit over the summer/breaks/whenever and a military guy who only gets leave so often and must sometimes pick between family and girlfriend.
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5865|Gulf Coast

My gf will ask me if something is wrong and even if i tell her I'm fine she will just keep asking me until I'm annoyed. Then I have to convince her I'm not mad....while yelling. Not an easy task.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6642

gets better when you*re married
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6829|United States of America

Poseidon wrote:

Go for ATC apprentice holy fuck.

You'll be making a shitload of money if you do that and then go for ATC IRL. My mom's friend's husband was an ATC guy for 20 years at JFK Tower...was making 191K a year towards the end of his career.

But I digress.

She's 16? damn son
Isn't that the most stressful job in the world?
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5865|Gulf Coast

@ burnz
It'll be 6 years in March. We've both said we feel that marriage is not important and doesn't really mean anything to us but I know that she could change her mind at any moment.

Last edited by El Beardo (2009-11-09 19:36:29)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6642

six years, the commitment is there. most of this thread is based on a lack of, for various reasons.
it's not always a bad thing, if the match ain't right. ah, but the fun is finding that oneyou are
willing to be with . . .
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5865|Gulf Coast

She kicks ass tbh and is probably the only one that will put up with my insane shit. However, sometimes we drive each other crazy but not for to long.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5846|College Park, MD

Bevo wrote:

She's 16, she most likely doesn't have the maturity yet to deal with it. I mean, think about it. You're telling a 16 year old girl that her boyfriend wants to leave her for a long period of time, see her much less often, and have a higher risk of casualty. What's the expected reaction? Even if she was outwardly happy for you she would still take a while to soak it all in.

There's a big difference between a college guy (even in distance as you are) who can visit over the summer/breaks/whenever and a military guy who only gets leave so often and must sometimes pick between family and girlfriend.
Yeah... we talked tonight and it's better now. Y'see I told her that I was interested in joining the military (but didn't really specify which branch) so she was worried I was gonna be an infantryman in the Army or USMC. She said she's just trying to get used to the idea of me possibly being in the military, but she's behind me all the way... so that's good
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5909|Belgium

El Beardo wrote:

She kicks ass tbh and is probably the only one that will put up with my insane shit. However, sometimes we drive each other crazy but not for to long.
That's pretty normal in a long-lasting relationship tbh
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6510|California
i sexed my ex... then i dumped her
Lai
+186|6296

Bevo wrote:

She's 16, she most likely doesn't have the maturity yet to deal with it.
Emotional maturity, for guys and girls alike, is not to be expected before the age of 21. I am not saying this out of principle or as an attempt at being cruel, rather in my experience that is the average age people start to get a grip. Even when "emotionally commited" so to say, without being naive, 18-20 year olds more often than not simply lack the experience to deal with certain situations in life. From the age of 21 onwards, I'd still not take it for granted, but before I generally take it as a given that full maturity is lacking.

El Beardo wrote:

However, sometimes we drive each other crazy
Meh,.. that's usually a good sign.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6794

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

i sexed my ex... then i dumped her
Niiiice.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6777|949

So my ex girlfriend called me last night.  I was pretty much over her until she decided to pop back in and chat about the Lakers.  I got pretty bummed about the whole deal and now I find myself hoping that she calls me again, because there's no way I'll initiate anything at this point.

Stupid girls.
Laika
+75|6088

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Stupid girls.
Bitches be crazy, jus' sayin'.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6794

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

So my ex girlfriend called me last night.  I was pretty much over her until she decided to pop back in and chat about the Lakers.  I got pretty bummed about the whole deal and now I find myself hoping that she calls me again, because there's no way I'll initiate anything at this point.

Stupid girls.
Go hook up with 5 more girls, you'll soon forget about her.
C0Ry<3
Stop Simping
+11|5456|$

ghettoperson wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Stupid girls.
I second this. Works everytime.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6642

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

until she decided to pop back in and chat about the Lakers.

Stupid girls.
yep
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6777|949

ghettoperson wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Stupid girls.
Meh, I've hooked up with a handful of girls since then.  It's not the sexual intimacy that I yearn for, it's the emotional connection: looking forward to hearing about another person's day; being happy that another person takes an interest in what's going on in my life; having someone to just vent to about daily bullshit; looking forward to making another person happy; knowing that there is someone that has connected with me on more than a physical level; feeling a deeprooted emotional connection that I wouldn't want to make with another person.

You don't get that from random hookups.  Only thing that really mends a broken heart is time and new emotional experiences.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6766|London, England
Bah I'm still burnin' after something that happened near on two years ago now, the only thing that is going to get rid of the suck is when something else comes along

Otherwise fuck it, get money smoke trees get drunk fuck bitches
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6634|Gogledd Cymru

Mekstizzle wrote:

Bah I'm still burnin' after something that happened near on two years ago now, the only thing that is going to get rid of the suck is when something else comes along

Otherwise fuck it, get money smoke trees get drunk fuck bitches
It's been two years since you last shoved your rod up some girls twat?

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6901|Scotland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Stupid girls.
Fuck man. Mine just facebooked me. Just when I felt it was all going perfectly and everything was going back into its original place, then it's a
"Hey x"

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Why? Oh Why.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6615
hey guys, quit whining

i live with one of 'those' exes. it's kinda inescapable in comparison to a random facebook message.

fuck bitches get money, agree
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6799

Uzique wrote:

hey guys, quit whining

i live with one of 'those' exes. it's kinda inescapable in comparison to a random facebook message.

Nothing's inescapable when you consider murder
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6615
i have considered murdering the lot of them and torching the house, and then overdosing on wine

viable yes/no
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6901|Scotland

Uzique wrote:

hey guys, quit whining

Yeah, I completely agree. It's just that annoying little
"Why am I making the effort here?"

I nearly screamed. Thing is, when she talks, I don't have much power over what I say to her, so I just end up chatting, and then it just comes back again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard