Lai
+186|6174

Uzique wrote:

(...)
Oh, that's just great, you dissapear from this thread then drop back in when it suits you. If you take the liberty to post in this thread, you'll have to plkay audience occasionally as well

On topic; let me get this straight. The two of you broke up, got back together, broke up, but were/are still in love and living together. Now she's vexed because of you seeing other girls you aren't seeing? Imo if she was the one decided to break it up, even though the two of you were still in love, she's in no position to claim your celibacy even if you would be seeing other women. I'm afraid Blade4509 is right though, there is no cure!

Honestly in my opinion, don't try to keep women like this as platonic friends, because you can't. In the best case scenario you'll end up making up for all the emotional obligations the nonexisting boyfriend/douchebag boyfriend/long distance boyfriend can't and/or won't fullfill. Now, no matter how chivalreous you are, it will consume you in the end or otherwise the alcohol will. That's the best case scenario.

"You're not my boyfriend, but I still need you as if you were"

She's eating the apples without buying them and you are buying hardware on credit: you pay for it in terms, with interests, but in the meantime you still own jack shit. You are called a fool, she is called a thief.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6520

trex1210 wrote:

burnzz wrote:

quit drinking. i saw your other post - it's sounds like girl problems are the least of your problems, right now.
It was the first time I drank in a week. And it was because we had a few ppl over. I am not an alcoholic
i am, and i can tell you, denial's the first step.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6493
jesus lai that's the smartest reply i have read on this forum in... forever.

i think you really get my situation. thanks man.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Lai
+186|6174

Uzique wrote:

jesus lai that's the smartest reply i have read on this forum in... forever.

i think you really get my situation. thanks man.
Probably because I am at least the fool you are

So if I sound harsh, be comforted.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5724|College Park, MD
ugh, my girlfriend's going to her school's homecoming dance tonight
she doesn't have a date which is reassuring, and I know she doesn't like to grind or anything but still. How do I reassure my subconscious that nothing serious will happen? Don't feel like stepping out for a cig at the moment.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5423

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

she doesn't have a date
erm.....wut
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6779|Scotland

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

she doesn't have a date which is reassuring, and I know she doesn't like to grind or anything but still. How do I reassure my subconscious that nothing serious will happen? Don't feel like stepping out for a cig at the moment.
You'll be fine. Trust me.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Red Forman wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

she doesn't have a date
erm.....wut
We're in a long distance relationship duh
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6493
learn to trust your girlfriend, it's something you'll have to do for any relationship to be a (long-term) success.

better to get your head sorted about trivial things like high-school homecomings than to foster a jealousy problem through adult life. it'll kill all of your relationships, or alternatively you'll end up sublimating your partner so she has to live half a life for the sake of your insecurities. love = trust.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5423

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

she doesn't have a date
erm.....wut
We're in a long distance relationship duh
oh well then no worries.  i never saw chicks do bad stuff at homecoming.

lel
Bevo
Nah
+718|6543|Austin, Texas
If you have a friend whos still in HS who you trust, tell him to take her.

If not, stop worrying about it, jesus.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
I trust her

it's other guys I don't trust
Bevo
Nah
+718|6543|Austin, Texas

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I trust her

it's other guys I don't trust
Trust her to not do anything with other guys. Derp.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6779|Scotland

Uzique wrote:

love = trust.
So fucking true. Once you start worrying about small things, they will eat you inside so much that you wont sleep some nights.

Trust me on this one, the more you trust and the more you let things slide, the more prosperous the relationship will be. I've had my fair share of sleepless nights to tell you it ain't a good thing to even consider being nervous about it. I know it's hard, but you have to try.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Ok, I guess I shall try, thanks for the words guys
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6779|Scotland

The end note is that she can stop whatever any guy tries. However confident and good looking a guy can be, he can put in his place and made to look like a pussy if the girl just tells him to piss off. Yeah, guys can be jerks even if the girl has a boyfriend, hey I've probably been the jerk at points, but if you think the relationship is fine, then everything will be fine.

Don't let anybody put any doubts in your mind, it's not healthy.
Lai
+186|6174

Zimmer wrote:

Yeah, guys can be jerks even if the girl has a boyfriend, hey I've probably been the jerk at points,
Do you consider me a jerk as well?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6493

Zimmer wrote:

The end note is that she can stop whatever any guy tries. However confident and good looking a guy can be, he can put in his place and made to look like a pussy if the girl just tells him to piss off. Yeah, guys can be jerks even if the girl has a boyfriend, hey I've probably been the jerk at points, but if you think the relationship is fine, then everything will be fine.

Don't let anybody put any doubts in your mind, it's not healthy.
QFT.

you've gotta make your relationship the fucking rock that other guys will break upon

10% of that is from public-statements and an image of 'togetherness', the other 90% is being fucking damn sure of it in your own mind. no cracks!
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6281|B.C. Canada

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Don't do what I do. "get drunk and fuck shit up"
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6779|Scotland

Yup. Relationships are usually based on your own mental stability. As long as you're confident you're not going to lose her, you'll be fine. Girls sense the instability a guy feels about these kind of things...

Well, there is the exception. Not going into any detail on that.

Just be sure of yourself and it'll turn out fine. It's your first proper relationship, right? Well, this is where you learn from your mistakes, so take it easy man. And if you can't sleep or anything, just stay up all night. Let her text you or contact you first the next morning, it's always the best thing to do.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6281|B.C. Canada

Zimmer wrote:

Yup. Relationships are usually based on your own mental stability. As long as you're confident you're not going to lose her, you'll be fine. Girls sense the instability a guy feels about these kind of things...

Just be sure of yourself and it'll turn out fine. It's your first proper relationship, right? Well, this is where you learn from your mistakes, so take it easy man. And if you can't sleep or anything, just stay up all night. Let her text you or contact you first the next morning, it's always the best thing to do.
I would like to add one more thing.

Do not text her/call her every hour to see what shes doing.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6349|England

trex1210 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I would like to add one more thing.

Do not text her/call her every hour to see what shes doing.
Haha, I learnt this the wrong way. It took me ages just to let it slide, and once you learn to just forget about it, she will have a better time out because she wont be thinking about you worrying about what shes doing, and you will have a better time because you can go and do other stuff without it constantly playing on your mind. Go round a mate's and drink some beers. You won't think about it as much, and you'll have a good time too Best way to do it imo.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Well it's working so far just sorta let it leave my mind, knowing that she'll be faithful just as I have been since I got here. And watching American History X really gets your mind off of everything else D:
Archer
rapes face
+161|6447|Canuckistan
So uh, I asked the girl I danced at camp earlier to this Halloween dance. Her best friend's birthday is on the same night, so she can't really make it. But she wasn't acting awkward or anything around the idea of me asking her.. so uhm, whatever. Damnit.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6543|Austin, Texas

Archer wrote:

So uh, I asked the girl I danced at camp earlier to this Halloween dance. Her best friend's birthday is on the same night, so she can't really make it. But she wasn't acting awkward or anything around the idea of me asking her.. so uhm, whatever. Damnit.
Sounds like an easy out tbh. Not to crush your soul or anything, but if she liked the idea of going to the dance with you she may have offered "but we can do xyz on abc day". It kind of depends.

If you already have an out in your brain (you asked someone else, there's a conflict, etc) it's very easy to make it casual and non-awkward.

So you can ask her for a followup date if you're confident.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard