dalmar72
+6|6532
Does anyone have a p5q deluxe mobo running that can actually use the onboard esata header for an external drive.  on my p5n e sli board the esata port work, I could plug in my external drive, turn it on and bam it shows up in the o/s.  the p5n uses a jmicron controller for the esata header an i could turn on ahci for the external drive.  the p5q uses a marvell chipset for the esata header, and I can't find a spot to turn on ahci for that port.  I don't understand why they would put an esata header there if you can't hot plug it.  so if anyone has got this to work, please let me know.  thanks
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6466|The Twilight Zone
Maybe that esata port is meant for more expensive mobos and removing it would make the costs higher (there are some mobos that have the same "board" just different functionalities enabled)
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
dalmar72
+6|6532
I think the esata port was actually added to this model.  the p5q deluxe is the top end of the p5q line, there is a p5q pro p5q vanilla p5q-e  etc.   From what I've seen on the asus forum it seems to be an issue with the marvell controller.  I just have no idea why they would put on an esata port and not have it hot plug.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard