xconrob
Banned
+0|6683|Canada
I recently bought the radeon x850 xt agp vid card. IT supposed to be one of the best agp cards out so i thought i should buy it. Well when i installed and it run bf2 for the first time with my new video card..........it was noting like i thought it will be. First of all there is an extremely long load time and veryfying client data *I have high speed sympatico internet. Second when i get into the game i get some serious lagggg (its so bad sometimes i cant even move) and general sorts of laggynees but after a couple minutes it goes away. And for thos of you thinking its spyware or virus its not cause i just reformatted my comp. SOOOO what can i tpossibly be i tryed everything......the top 10 lag reduce thing, chanign my agp aapertaure and shit like that.

PC SPECS:
1024 mb of ram
256 mb radeon x850
3 ghz HT
XP
Lokpesa
+0|6740|Minnesota USA
I know this is pretty simple, but have you tried a low ping server?
Or have you tried ANY other server?
That's what I'm betting my money on... stupid laggy servers....
xconrob
Banned
+0|6683|Canada
yes i have tired alot of servers.........just to name a few
3rb - 3rd ranger battlaion
Masters of war
MOders Karkand and wake
Moongamers
etc
etc

all these servers for me have very good ping sometimes 20-60
caek
Someone who can!
+4|6694
Most of the problem comes from everything you now have to load. Before the game only had to load low quality models and low resolution textures, because that was all you chose to display.  Now that you kicked it up a notch to High settings (Presumably) The game has to load highquality models, low quality models (For when you see something far away) High rez textures, and so on. Your memory just doesn't have enough space to store all this new data (Not to mention load it all at the begining to verify it.) Get some more RAM. 1.5 should be enough for BF, but I reccomend 2 gigs.
xconrob
Banned
+0|6683|Canada
intresting but let me ask u this.
my freind has 1024 mb of ram two and an amd processor and he gets in exceptionally fast (he puts his textures and such on medium) but i tryed it on medium graphics it more or less loaded the same. What do u think?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6729
AMD CPU's interact w/ the memory a lot faster, i suggest u get more ram
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6764|The 70's
if youve changed vid card, and then tried differant graphics settings, then youve probably got a whole bunch of differant profiles in your game cache and these can conflict. Clean em out, then when you join a sever you will go through the shaders malarky again and be ready to play with just one profile of your current settings.
BSF
+1|6759
I had exactly the same phenomenon, taking loads of time to verify and laggy in the first few minutes, but after that everything went smooth. Even new graphic card and proc did`t make it better.
BUT after I changed the system hard drive (IDE 7200rpm) to (Raptor S-ATA 10.000rpm) the problem was solved. Veryfing takes half of the time and no lags anymore if ping is allright.
While veryfing and the first few minutes BF2 obviously stressed hard drive a lot.

Last edited by BSF (2006-01-22 07:44:09)

psychotoxic187
+11|6722

broncobullfrog wrote:

if youve changed vid card, and then tried differant graphics settings, then youve probably got a whole bunch of differant profiles in your game cache and these can conflict. Clean em out, then when you join a sever you will go through the shaders malarky again and be ready to play with just one profile of your current settings.
How do you clean them out?

Also, to the topic creator, get more RAM. 2  gigs makes a world of difference in this game.

Last edited by psychotoxic187 (2006-01-22 07:52:47)

xconrob
Banned
+0|6683|Canada
mmmm ok maybe i will get more ram.
but how come recommended ram is 1024 they should say 2!!
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6764|The 70's

psychotoxic187 wrote:

broncobullfrog wrote:

How do you clean them out?

Also, to the topic creator, get more RAM. 2  gigs makes a world of difference in this game.
My Documents-BF2-Mods-BF2-Cache- each entry here is a video settings profile, if you find you have multiple entrys, delete each one, not the whole file!, when you join a server just one will be created. Do the same to the contents of X-pack if you have SF.

You can also delete each entry in your Logocache file which are the logos of every server you ever play on, saves memory.
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6707|Ireland
I have to wait 4ever for he game to load and i get 5mins of lagggg when i join the game
BSF
+1|6759
@Xconrob

when your hard drive is slow you can add 3Gigs of RAM and it will lag anyway.
I have 1 Gig RAM as well but although no lags so more RAM isn`t the answer to everything:)
xconrob
Banned
+0|6683|Canada
@broncobullfrog
yes i went there and i had about 8 or so didnt play the game yet lets see if it works

@Bsf
yes i understand but what else could be the problem?
its so fustrating!! trying to figure out this!
GGGGGGGunit
+6|6683
Yo beez, that shiz is crazzy, no motherboard be retarded foolz, YEH-YEHHHHHH.
BSF
+1|6759
@xconrob
what kind of hard drive do you have, which speed?
xconrob
Banned
+0|6683|Canada
how do i find out i no that its 7200 rpm
BSF
+1|6759
A tool like EVEREST shows a lot of details about your pc.
But I guess it`s a IDE drive?
As I allready told, when I had the same problem I bought  a 6800GT, faster RAM (1Gig) and a Athlon XP 3000+
but the problem of everlasting verifying and laggy shit at the beginning of the round remained the same.
But when I changed the hard drive to a very fast one my pc got a big boost in everything (btw XP is starting up now n about 20sec.
xconrob
Banned
+0|6683|Canada
mmmm i c

well people tell me to get more ram it solved there problem and u say to get a new hard drive maybe i should up both to be really safe and sure?
BSF
+1|6759
yes,
but maybe a good idea is one after the other in order to safe money:)
give me your feedback when you bought some stuff..
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6764|The 70's
The two things, RAM or HD are linked. BF2 is very memory hungry. If it runs out of RAM it will use your pagefile on your HD. This is why you get long verification times, reading from your drive. So, you can either add more RAM, which will work but means spending money. Or a faster HD, which will help a little, but tbh is probably the least effective solution, youll still be using pagefile but reading from it slightly quicker. Or you can make more of your RAM available to BF2 by shutting down all unnecessary processes. This will cost nothing. Check Task Manager, how many processes do you have running? Before I had this problem with BF2 i had 50 and never thought twice about it. But most were completely unnecessary. now i have 24 including firewall and AV. After sorting this and lowering some settings ingame from high to medium, i now have no waiting, get into rounds immediately etc. i have 1GB RAM.
*CTKraig*
+0|6703
Hey, another question, what type of Internet Connection do you have? Does your computer have spyware or viruses on it? These are better solutions than going out and buying more ram. More ram + awesome video card + 56k = HORRIBLE LAG. (substitute 56k for any other type of internet other than broadband cable or T1) If you have a slower internet, you will have lag no matter what. Also, if you are trying to run too many processes while you are playing, i.e. Xfire, AIM, Music, etc. that will slow you down as well. Think of things that will slow down your PROCESSOR not your video card, Hard Drive, or Ram.

Try any of those, and see what happens.
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6751|San Diego
Get 2Gb's of ram like what someone said.  What resolution are you playing? 

My system had 1GB,  and even though I had a 7800GT  it would lag esp at karkand because I put everthing at high and at 2X AA.

However my system right now performs very well at these settings @ 1024 X 768 Resolution @ 2X AA
AMD 64 3000+
2GB ( 1GB X2 Corsair Dual Channel)
250GB Hitach Sata II
XFX 7800GT 256MB
MSI NF4 Ultra Mobo

I set everything to high,  and distance (fartest)

With this,  I often come in first to games no lag and I could have my first pick with planes or heliocopters,  but I dotn use them.

I find that BF2 is a very hardware taxing game,  and I notice a differenice in performance @ 1280 resolution.
morbesso666
+0|6776|Givataim, Israel

Dr.Red-Eye wrote:

I have to wait 4ever for he game to load and i get 5mins of lagggg when i join the game
Me too!!!
There are little servers I enter and no lag!
I counted... launching the game+logging in+getting into server = 7 minutes! +the crazy lag of the beginning.
Where u from?
Rumfuddle
+14|6730
I'm puzzled.  Here's my system:

1 gig 2700 ram
amd 64 3400
7200 seagate
nvidia 6800 vanilla agp
cable modem

My ping is consistently below 60, at times it's 20.  I get the usual long load times as others do, most likely bcz don't have 2 gig of ram, no biggie.  On MOST maps I'm near buttery smooth.  BUT, I too encounter servers where I get absolutely insufferable lag.  I check my ping and it's maybe 30, usually there's maybe a few people in th 100-150 range, but that's pretty typical in general.  Tends to happen more on SF maps, but does happen on regular BF, just not nearly as much.  So if it's NOT my ping that's causing lag what is the deal?  I can't isolate what the issue is.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard