Poll

What title will last longer?

Modern Warfare52%52% - 30
World at War26%26% - 15
Undecided21%21% - 12
Total: 57
Kez
+778|5701|London, UK
I think it will, just because of modern people's preferances - they want to fight the current wars that are going on around the world right now.

I personally love WWII and I think WaW will be a much bigger success than Treyarch's previous title (CoD3) but I feel that all of the CoD 'fanboys' or whatever you wanna call them will return to 4.

Thoughts, opinions?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK
Undecided.

Ill play WaW first.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

WaW
Phaytal
+20|6152|Engarlandd
Modern Warfare has gotten old for me very quickly, played in leagues once, couldn't stand all the teenagers squeaking away with their pre pubescent voices at how they 'pwnt' me
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng
WaW should be alright.
#rekt
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

lol CoD4 is already dead.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

It could always be the same as Bf2 and Bf2142.

Remember people, it's a Treyarch game!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten

Phaytal wrote:

Modern Warfare has gotten old for me very quickly, played in leagues once, couldn't stand all the teenagers squeaking away with their pre pubescent voices at how they 'pwnt' me
... what game doesn't have that?
EE (hats
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Miggle wrote:

Too fucking true.

The SP was quite good, but you don't play the the campaign more than a couple of times. The multiplayer is boring, with no replay-value, it's just a CS carbon copy, with (mostly annoying) perks.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
I'll have to see WaW's multiplayer before i commit, but the dark and desperate feel of WWII is, in my opinion, usually a better atmosphere than a modern day military beatdown.
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine

Miggle wrote:

How do you figure?

CoD5 is basically a CoD4 mod that costs $50. Think of 2142 vs BF2...
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6259

CrazeD wrote:

Miggle wrote:

How do you figure?

CoD5 is basically a CoD4 mod that costs $50. Think of 2142 vs BF2...
Alot of the COD2 and VCOD players are excited about COD5 because of the WWII aspect and mainly the bolts. COD4 was just to easy of a game, hopefully COD5 will provide what COD4 was lacking.
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine
Easy .. in pubs, or what?

Pubs are easy because everything caters towards noobs, but match play is still fun IMO.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

CrazeD wrote:

Pubs are easy because everything caters towards noobs, but match play is still fun IMO.
Bolt Action rifles will be nice.

Used to play lots of rifles only in CoD1 and 2, that takes a lot more skill than the nade spam/spray and pray gameplay of cod4
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

Miggle wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Bolt Action rifles will be nice.

Used to play lots of rifles only in CoD1 and 2, that takes a lot more skill than the nade spam/spray and pray gameplay of cod4
bit of a generalisation there, but i prefer B/A or at least S/A weapons in FPS's.

Example Kar98, M14, Battle Rifle (Halo2&3), G3 (BF2), Baur (pretty much useless on full auto - 2142)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5934
FatherTed you're like me. I'm the more away from the action taking 1 shot to kill the enemy. Not exactly a sniper. But the guy who stays slightly behind in the squad and takes good accurate shots that always kill. Like with the M14 I have an ACOG on it and I always stay back slightly when the guys with automatic assault rifles need to make a nice pause to control their weapon. That's when I take the shot and end their miserably no-life PC stats.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6485|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
It all depends, WaW could be a shit game. Look at the MoH series, Pacific Assault sucked ass but the rest were ok and people still play them or how everyone said BF2142 would kill BF2 and we all know how that one turned out.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6404|NSW, Australia

SgtHeihn wrote:

It all depends, WaW could be a shit game. Look at the MoH series, Pacific Assault sucked ass but the rest were ok and people still play them or how everyone said BF2142 would kill BF2 and we all know how that one turned out.
tbh i liked pacific assault A LOT more than i did airborne assault
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341

XxRavenxX wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

tbh i liked pacific assault A LOT more than i did airborne assault
I still want my fricking SILVER STAR for rescuing that stupid ammo carrier from the japs. Fricking bugs, EA feckers!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine
PA was terrible, and Airborne was terrible. Why? Because EA made them and totally ruined the MoH series. Allied Assault, Spearhead, and Breakthrough weren't made by EA and totally owned.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6389

All the Call Of Dutys were rather short-lived.  Their strength is in the campaigns, not the multiplayer.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6501|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Undecided.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6259

CrazeD wrote:

The whole game I mean, especially in competition almost anyone who played the game for a couple of months can go far and be good which is just dumb it should take time and skill to get good at a game. Like with CS:S someone who is playing a couple of months can't go Cal-M or Cal-I because the game actually requires skill and a game sense, with COD4 you just run around spraying everything get shot go regen and keep killing it's not that hard of a game.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
I think it will. Since CoD: WaW runs on the CoD4 engine, it'll be basically what you're in the mood for at the time. Modern Combat or WWII?
Defiance
+438|6669

Same game, different setting. The disappointment that will likely be WaW will accelerate peoples separation from the 2 games. Not that WaW will be a bad game, but it's looking like the same thing with different guns and maps. If that's the case, I'd be a bit disappointed at the drop of $50 on it.

Last edited by Defiance (2008-10-13 20:47:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard