Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6558|Long Island, New York

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

I can't blame him. I slept through about 16 years of church. I had no idea what the pastor was saying either.
Me either - there's a reason I haven't been in any religious building since 5th grade!
You guys aren't going around calling anyone your spiritual adviser.. big difference. His soul means something to him. This is why he should have been clued in.
Surely you're not forgetting Rod Parsley, McCain's spiritual advisor/moral compass, are you?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Me either - there's a reason I haven't been in any religious building since 5th grade!
You guys aren't going around calling anyone your spiritual adviser.. big difference. His soul means something to him. This is why he should have been clued in.
Surely you're not forgetting Rod Parsley, McCain's spiritual advisor/moral compass, are you?
Take off the Obama war paint for a minute and try to be just a little bit objective. It's kinda funny to watch the minions repeat a ready made talking point though. Rod Parsley was not McCain's spiritual adviser. The comment you are referring to were taken out of context. McCain has never even been to any of his services .

I can understand your desire to divert my point though. And in case you hadn't heard.

However, even the Messiah has flaws.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Take off the Obama war paint for a minute and try to be just a little bit objective. It's kinda funny to watch the minions repeat a ready made talking point though. Rod Parsley was not McCain's spiritual adviser. The comment you are referring to were taken out of context. McCain has never even been to any of his services .

I can understand your desire to divert my point though. And in case you hadn't heard.
I'm being plenty objective. I'm going off of what MCCAIN HIMSELF HAS SAID!

Only once people jumped on him for his relationship with him (same thing with he and John Hagee) did he "denounce his words". Why is it not okay for Obama to not only denounce but LEAVE the church, but it's okay for McCain to be pals with this buddy, get jumped on by the media for it and discontinue his friendship and all be fine?

Either give the Reverend Wright shit a rest, or apply your principles on the topic of pastors to both candidates.

I miss the good ol' McCain. Not that I was around for that anyways.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/John_McCain_interview_on_April_24%2C_1974.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

A moral compass a spiritual guide.. not my personal spirtitual guide. Again.. he hasn't even been to any of his services.. nor did he baptize his children. Since you think caps will make your invalid point valid. BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE. McCain got his endorsement at one event he attended. Not sitting and listening to his sermon for twenty years. Who should have been aware of the crap they were spewing? Your love for Barry 'o has impaired your ability to use basic logic.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

A moral compass a spiritual guide.. not my personal spirtitual guide. Again.. he hasn't even been to any of his services.. nor did he baptize his children. Since you think caps will make your invalid point valid. BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE. McCain got his endorsement at one event he attended. Not sitting and listening to his sermon for twenty years. Who should have been aware of the crap they were spewing? Your love for Barry 'o has impaired your ability to use basic logic.
What does it make a difference? He was endorsed by them both, he obviously has/had a relationship with them, but suddenly just because he's never been to their sermons, they don't matter? You realize that what Reverend Wright said was ALSO cut out of context and was obviously not spewed out every sermon that Obama attended, right? But hey, whatever you want to believe.

Why else would he have them at rallies? And he even says "For your leadship and your guidance". So it's obvious he IS "guiding" him. Stop trying to twist his words to make him look innocent. Both Obama and McCain are guilty of associating with their own nutjobs. Obama has Ayers and Wright, McCain has Hagee and Parsley (among others).

You're twisting what he said and making pitiful excuses for him, and now you're just getting downright condescending.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-10-09 23:42:03)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

The differences are very relevant. It takes time to get to know someones true beliefs.  A single political stop during a campaign is not the same as meeting with and being personally counseled for two decades.. you just don't get it. Your not objective and you've admitted that before.

"For your leadership and your guidance" sounds like the political thing to say. The same way you thank someone for serving. Why don't you actually take the time to look into the actual relationship they had together?

Ohh.. lookie here:
McCain, called Parsley "a spiritual guide" -- not his spiritual guide -- while onstage at a campaign event in Cincinnati on Feb. 26, 2008. McCain was welcoming some of the dignitaries who were on stage with him when he said, "I'm very honored today to have one of the truly great leaders in America, a moral compass, a spiritual guide, Pastor Rod Parsley."

McCain's campaign said soon after that event that McCain does not meet regularly with Parsley, and a spokesman for Parsley said McCain has never attended services at World Harvest Church. Given that context, it seems likely that McCain meant he and Parsley shared similar values rather than Parsley personally advised him.
I'm not twisting his words. I trying to get you to scratch below the Moveon.org surface. Look at the time each of them spent went these guys.

What is more pathetic.. Someone saying, "this bothers me but I'm probably going to vote for him"? Or someone who goes to campaign rallies and has the political mentality of defending their team at any cost?

If I sound condescending it's because you represent what is really wrong with politics today. Your immediate response is to say "oh yea.. well look at John McCain". You didn't even consider the fact that I'm not voting for McCain. Your lost without your predictable responses, and frankly I'm over it..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6499

Kmarion wrote:

I trying to get you to scratch below the Moveon.org surface. Look at the time each of them spent went these guys.
I with the average American would get past the moveon.org surface.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

The differences are very relevant. It takes time to get to know someones true beliefs.  A single political stop during a campaign is not the same as meeting with and being personally counseled for two decades.. you just don't get it. Your not objective and you've admitted that before.
Of course it's not. But it's still being friends with and having a relationship with. You're telling me if Obama stopped at the WBC, had a cup of coffee with Fred Phelps, you'd be absolutely fine with that? And where did I say I'm not objective? What, because I'm not undecided and I know who I'm supporting? The same guy I've supported since he announced his candidacy all the way back in '07. And not because he's a democrat, but because I support his stance on issues. Sheesh.

"For your leadership and your guidance" sounds like the political thing to say. The same way you thank someone for serving. Why don't you actually take the time to look into the actual relationship they had together?
Oh yeah, I'm sure.

Yeah, wanna know why his campaign said it soon after that event? He was jumped on by a shitload of people.

I'm not twisting his words. I trying to get you to scratch below the Moveon.org surface. Look at the time each of them spent went these guys.

What is more pathetic.. Someone saying, "this bothers me but I'm probably going to vote for him"? Or someone who goes to campaign rallies and has the political mentality of defending their team at any cost?
Oh NO, I'm going to a RALLY! HOW HORRENDOUS! I'm supporting the candidate who I prefer in this election, and I'm being politically active, which is an odd thing for people my age! The horror, the horror! Please.

You ARE twisting his words, Kerry. Very much so. And it's a shame you can't see that. And I defend him at any cost? That's news to me...I believe I JUST criticized Obama for his relationship with Reverend Wright, did I not? But hey, feel free to skip over that.

If I sound condescending it's because you represent what is really wrong with politics today. Your immediate response is to say "oh yea.. well look at John McCain". You didn't even consider the fact that I'm not voting for McCain. Your lost without your predictable responses, and frankly I'm over it..
LOL, I do? Damn, that's REALLY news to me! I'm not a blind democrat, nor am I a blind republican. I'm a moderate independent and I'm proud of it. I support gun rights, the death penalty and I'm anti-abortion unless it's a case of rape/incest/mother's life is in danger. I also support higher taxes for the rich, lower taxes for the middle class. I'm a mix of many views...but I'm what's wrong with politics today? My support for Obama is not, and never will be locked in solid. If he fucks up severely, I'd probably switch to McCain. I don't vote based on character like some people, I vote based on the issues and the person's stance on them.

But hey, I'm what's really wrong with politics today.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

Of course it's not. But it's still being friends with and having a relationship with. You're telling me if Obama stopped at the WBC, had a cup of coffee with Fred Phelps, you'd be absolutely fine with that? And where did I say I'm not objective? What, because I'm not undecided and I know who I'm supporting? The same guy I've supported since he announced his candidacy all the way back in '07. And not because he's a democrat, but because I support his stance on issues. Sheesh.
You've completely forgotten the origins of our discussion. What I said and what you challenged was the notion that Obama was unaware of his pastors rants after twenty years. Playing dumb is an understatement. But your religious experience does not exceed elementary.. so I guess that's understandable.

Oh yeah, I'm sure. roll

Yeah, wanna know why his campaign said it soon after that event? He was jumped on by a shitload of people.
Yes a political blunder. An adviser probably told him that would be a great way to get some ez votes. McCain wasn't PERSONALLY meeting with him and HIS WIFE for years and years. You're are still committed to ignoring the painfully obvious differences.

Oh NO, I'm going to a RALLY! HOW HORRENDOUS! I'm supporting the candidate who I prefer in this election, and I'm being politically active, which is an odd thing for people my age! The horror, the horror! Please.

You ARE twisting his words, Kerry. Very much so. And it's a shame you can't see that. And I defend him at any cost? That's news to me...I believe I JUST criticized Obama for his relationship with Reverend Wright, did I not? But hey, feel free to skip over that.
When it creeps in to your ability to use basic logic it is.. in fact.. horrendous. Again, my issue here is him claiming to not know his views after spending so much time with him. It's a legitimate point. You've been trying to deflect it by injecting McCain (which is in fact a separate issue).. someone I'm not even supporting .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

You've completely forgotten the origins of our discussion. What I said and what you challenged was the notion that Obama was unaware of his pastors rants after twenty years. Playing dumb is an understatement. But your religious experience does not exceed elementary.. so I guess that's understandable.
What does my religious experience have to do with anything? You're really showing you're true colors here, Kmarion. I didn't challenge that notion whatsoever. I simply wanted fair treatment for both candidates. But apparentely that's too much to ask for, and I get snarky responses in return.

Yes a political blunder. An adviser probably told him that would be a great way to get some ez votes. McCain wasn't PERSONALLY meeting with him and HIS WIFE for years and years. You're are still committed to ignoring the painfully obvious differences.
Right, now it's a blunder. And I'm the one ignoring the painfully obvious differences.

When it creeps in to your ability to use basic logic it is.. in fact.. horrendous. Again, my issue here is him claiming to not know his views after spending so much time with him. It's a legitimate point. You've been trying to deflect it by injecting McCain (which is in fact a separate issue).. someone I'm not even supporting lol.
So now what you're doing is you're completely sidestepping my argument and insulting me by saying I can't use basic logic. Nice. I'm not trying to deflect anything - I'm trying to get equal treatment for both candidates. As I said, they both hang around their own nutjobs. But I've still got my Obama war paint on. lol.

You're slowly turning into usm. It's a shame what this race has done to people.

And you still failed to address my analogy - would it be fine if Obama had Fred Phelps on the campaign trail to "get some votes" (obviously he wouldn't, it's just hypothetical) to you even if they "weren't close" and Obama "never went to his sermons"?

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-10-10 10:52:09)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

What does my religious experience have to do with anything? You're really showing you're true colors here, Kmarion. I didn't challenge that notion whatsoever. I simply wanted fair treatment for both candidates. But apparentely that's too much to ask for, and I get snarky responses in return.
I'm only guessing at the reasons behind your lack of what a relationship between a pastor and man means. You've demonstrated an incredible lack of understanding here.
So now what you're doing is you're completely sidestepping my argument and insulting me by saying I can't use basic logic. Nice. I'm not trying to deflect anything - I'm trying to get equal treatment for both candidates. As I said, they both hang around their own nutjobs. But I've still got my Obama war paint on. lol.
Your begging for equal treatment? (psst.. I'm probably voting Obama) You think that by pointing out one flaw it somehow negates the other perfectly legitimate point? Sorry that kind of weak argument only works with the feeble minded. One does not exclude the other.. unless your in the completely tank for one of them.
You're slowly turning into usm. It's a shame what this race has done to people.

And you still failed to address my analogy - would it be fine if Obama had Fred Phelps on the campaign trail to "get some votes" (obviously he wouldn't, it's just hypothetical) to you even if they "weren't close" and Obama "never went to his sermons"?
No it wouldn't. To which I said it was a political blunder. Pay a little more attention and you might understand what I am saying. There is still a difference between a political fly by stop and building years into a relationship and claiming you didn't know what they were saying. That to me is ignorance. .. or deceit.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6499
Someone got taken to the woodshed.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Your begging for equal treatment? (psst.. I'm probably voting Obama) You think that by pointing out one flaw it somehow negates the other perfectly legitimate point? Sorry that kind of weak argument only works with the feeble minded. One does not exclude the other.. unless your in the completely tank for one of them.
Yes, congratulations. You're voting Obama. Doesn't change anything, nor does it change the point. It doesn't negate it at all, no. As I've said, and let me repeat one more time for you... BOTH candidates have been in contact with their fair share of nutjobs. It doesn't matter HOW long, they've BEEN IN CONTACT with them.

No it wouldn't. To which I said it was a political blunder. Pay a little more attention and you might understand what I am saying. There is still a difference between a political fly by stop and building years into a relationship and claiming you didn't know what they were saying. That to me is ignorance. .. or deceit.
I understand it perfectly. You think it's okay for McCain to be around and use a complete whackjob like Parsley for votes. You've made your point quite clear.

It wasn't a political blunder, it was a MORAL blunder. Just as Obama being with Reverend Wright (although there's no proof Reverend Wright ever really consistentely said the stuff he was bashed for) was a moral blunder.

You simply do not associate with these types of people.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Why don't you go and tell Kmarion he's voting for an empty suit and someone with no substance like you always do? Seems that's the only thing you can really argue anyways.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Yes, congratulations. You're voting Obama. Doesn't change anything, nor does it change the point. It doesn't negate it at all, no. As I've said, and let me repeat one more time for you... BOTH candidates have been in contact with their fair share of nutjobs. It doesn't matter HOW long, they've BEEN IN CONTACT with them.

I understand it perfectly. You think it's okay for McCain to be around and use a complete whackjob like Parsley for votes. You've made your point quite clear.

It wasn't a political blunder, it was a MORAL blunder. Just as Obama being with Reverend Wright (although there's no proof Reverend Wright ever really consistentely said the stuff he was bashed for) was a moral blunder.

It was a mistake to associate.. it was a mistake to associate for years and years and then claim you didn't know. It's not that complicated. Who should really know what's going on? Again, look a little deeper. Consider everything.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

It was a mistake to associate.. it was a mistake to associate for years and years and then claim you didn't know. It's not that complicated. Who should really know what's going on? Again, look a little deeper. Consider everything.
Both made mistakes. One might have been larger than the other, but both made mistakes. That's all I'm trying to say.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

I agree.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6499

Poseidon wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Why don't you go and tell Kmarion he's voting for an empty suit and someone with no substance like you always do? Seems that's the only thing you can really argue anyways.
Ha!  Not the only thing, but it's a big truth.   

I would, but K-man I think all ready know it.  I'd be more than happy to illustrated to you why Obama is a terrible choice for America, and I have.  You just seem to deflect with counter smears.  Maybe after 4 year of him screwing the country over, might loosen your exhaulted opinion of him.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

also, FTR. "Sen. McCain has said Rev. Wright is off limits."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122359909175421497.html
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Icleos
+101|6762

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Ha!  Not the only thing, but it's a big truth.   

I would, but K-man I think all ready know it.  I'd be more than happy to illustrated to you why Obama is a terrible choice for America, and I have.  You just seem to deflect with counter smears.  Maybe after 4 year of him screwing the country over, might loosen your exhaulted opinion of him.
LOL! Look at this^ How contradicting is that?  What you just posted right there.  That needs be framed and stamped with fail.

Obviously the four years that Bush spent screwing us over somehow seems to have seriously eluded you.
Either you're stuck in some cave or you've been dragged by your strings so much that the mud just can't pile on anymore.

Do you honestly believe that Obama will take the United States to a point lower than what Bush has accomplished in his two terms?
If so you need to rethink back on where your logical sense and ideologies turned to shit.

I was going to bite my lips and sit back with popcorn on this one but after reading that post right there...
You were itching for someone to nail your coffin shut.

Last edited by Icleos (2008-10-10 14:19:27)

Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5923|MN
he needs more than 30 min to explain(lie) about all of his radical friends .. well Mc Cain will be naming names at next debate cant wait. burn baby burn!!
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6569|San Diego, CA, USA
Agreed...so much for campaign reform.
13rin
+977|6499

Icleos wrote:

LOL! Look at this^ How contradicting is that?  What you just posted right there.  That needs be framed and stamped with fail.

Obviously the four years that Bush spent screwing us over somehow seems to have seriously eluded you.
Either you're stuck in some cave or you've been dragged by your strings so much that the mud just can't pile on anymore.

Do you honestly believe that Obama will take the United States to a point lower than what Bush has accomplished in his two terms?
If so you need to rethink back on where your logical sense and ideologies turned to shit.

I was going to bite my lips and sit back with popcorn on this one but after reading that post right there...
You were itching for someone to nail your coffin shut.
Bite your lips and sit back?  Good grief...

The only thing here deserving of fail is the defeatist logic you and Merman spew.  How have I complained about getting screwed over by Bush?  Unless you are Saddam, Al kinda, Putin or  a Democrat, then you're fine.    The fail you perceive is the actual humanitarian achievement by our country.  What the US did was epic.  Others couldn't do what the US has in over 2000 years -and if left to the likes of your leaders we'd have  been guaranteed failure.  I think I smelled burned popcorn.

At no point in your post did put forth argument other than personal attacks, gg (fail).
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5923|MN
Does the Devil tell the truth?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6736

Schittloaf wrote:

he needs more than 30 min to explain(lie) about all of his radical friends .. well Mc Cain will be naming names at next debate cant wait. burn baby burn!!
I bet the million dollars he is going to spend on his 30 minute messiah infomercial would buy a lot of groceries for some poor people in Ohio...
but who are we kidding... 
The more i read about Obama the scarier it gets... He has hung out with some radical shady folks... and only denounces them when it's politically necessary...  Who is this guy who doesn't have much of a record?

McCain has had some gaffes and he isn't perfect... but we know who he is...

as strange as it sounds for me to say this... i would feel more better if Hilary was going against McCain and won...   

This is the most important election we have had since i can remember... The Democratic candidate(Obama) should be 30 points ahead at this
point due to the hatred of Bush... and yet it's still up in the air...  People are taking a hard look at Obama now and hopefully more will also...
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard