Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6557|Long Island, New York

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

So wait, you're basically telling me now that you're not even voting for McCain based on the issues?
    Nice.
    Obviously the only one who's "bought into" anything here is you, my friend.
    And actually, it's apparentely been going pretty good for him (OBL). He spread Al Qaeda's influence because Bush failed to stay in Afghanistan, thus allowing 1) Al Qaeda to get into Iraq and 2) him to escape.
1)Al Kinda! went into Iraq to fight trained soldiers instead of hijacking airplanes/ firebombing structures in the US.  Al Kinda got their asses kicked.
2)So He's running the land he sought to liberate? I never took you for a "my face hurts more than your hand so i win" guy.

Actually it's cumulative.  McCain has  better character, judgment, experience, respect, loyalty, leadership and understanding of foreign policy.
The simple fact of the matter is that the Iraq war is what distracted us from Afghanistan (the REAL problem) and allowed OBL to get away. And while Obama wants us to re-focus on Afghanistan where the real problem lies, McCain wants us to continue to stay in Iraq.

Better understanding of foreign policy? Yeah, must be why he thinks Putin's the president of Germany and said he wouldn't sit down with the Prime Minister of SPAIN.

Experience is the only thing I can really give to McCain out of the list you gave. Then again, Abe Lincoln had no experience politically, and he's considered one of the best presidents this country has ever had.
13rin
+977|6498

Poseidon wrote:

The simple fact of the matter is that the Iraq war is what distracted us from Afghanistan (the REAL problem) and allowed OBL to get away. And while Obama wants us to re-focus on Afghanistan where the real problem lies, McCain wants us to continue to stay in Iraq.

Better understanding of foreign policy? Yeah, must be why he thinks Putin's the president of Germany and said he wouldn't sit down with the Prime Minister of SPAIN.

Experience is the only thing I can really give to McCain out of the list you gave. Then again, Abe Lincoln had no experience politically, and he's considered one of the best presidents this country has ever had.
Wrong.  And you sidestepped every point I made.  You stay till the job is finished.  Your golden boy supports those with genocidal and terrorist ties.  He wants to cede.  So do you. 

57 States? Dead veterans seen in the crowd today.  Civilian bombing?  You really want to go there?  Give it a break.  The horse you're backing is lame.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Wrong.  And you sidestepped every point I made.  You stay till the job is finished.  Your golden boy supports those with genocidal and terrorist ties.  He wants to cede.  So do you. 

57 States? Dead veterans seen in the crowd today.  Civilian bombing?  You really want to go there?  Give it a break.  The horse you're backing is lame.
I actually didn't, but if you want to accuse me of doing so when you do so yourself, that's fine. It's not my fault your post was so badly written anyways.

But wait, I thought the surge worked? If so, why can't the Iraqi forces take over? Perhaps I'm simplifying it, but it seems like an awfully to-the-point process to me. If we can't let the Iraqi forces take over, I guess the surge didn't work so well after all, eh? I mean hell, the fucking IRAQI PM wants a timetable for our withdrawl. Says a lot.

Oh wow, 57 states...do you even need me to list McCain's gaffes?

Fuck, I'd probably need to ask Chuy for a new server in order to.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-10-09 20:34:21)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5721|College Park, MD
Oh no, he said 57 states. He must not know anything about America!

The guy fucking went to Harvard Law and then was the head of the Law Review. The guy's smart, he obviously knows there are 50 states. Let's see you go around campaigning for months and not say something stupid. Hell, I say stupid things all the time and the most difficult things I do are write essays.

It's not about ceding, it's about listening to the leader of a sovereign country. You guys really need some better fighting points than a gaffe and a radical statement like "If you don't support the war you must hate the troops!". Sounds just like that vapid broad Palin, saying something like "It'd be nice if Mr. Obama said he wanted us to win for once." Ugh.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13rin
+977|6498

Poseidon wrote:

I actually didn't, but if you want to accuse me of doing so when you do so yourself, that's fine. It's not my fault your post was so badly written anyways.

But wait, I thought the surge worked? If so, why can't the Iraqi forces take over? Perhaps I'm simplifying it, but it seems like an awfully to-the-point process to me. If we can't let the Iraqi forces take over, I guess the surge didn't work so well after all, eh? I mean hell, the fucking IRAQI PM wants a timetable for our withdrawl. Says a lot.

Actually it's called reading comprehension, something you appear to lack. 

That's your problem.  You're the dem sitcom problem solved in 30min crowd.  Go read some history.  What the US has done is EPIC.  You're panties are in a bunch because it wasn't done by happy hour? 

You began with the gaffes, not me.  You want to compare dedication to a country  and character?  You want to know why McCain really doesn't use a computer?   Enough with the BS all ready.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Actually it's called reading comprehension, something you appear to lack. 

That's your problem.  You're the dem sitcom problem solved in 30min crowd.  Go read some history.  What the US has done is EPIC.  You're panties are in a bunch because it wasn't done by happy hour? 

You began with the gaffes, not me.  You want to compare dedication to a country  and character?  You want to know why McCain really doesn't use a computer?   Enough with the BS all ready.
Yeah, and it's called "writing a comprehensive post which gets your points out", which apparently YOU lack. But oh well.

It's been 5 fucking years. We were told by your boy George Bush that it was a "mission accomplished". I'm not asking for it to be done in an hour.
13rin
+977|6498

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

The guy fucking went to Harvard Law and then was the head of the Law Review. The guy's smart, he obviously knows there are 50 states. Let's see you go around campaigning for months and not say something stupid. Hell, I say stupid things all the time and the most difficult things I do are write essays.

It's not about ceding, it's about listening to the leader of a sovereign country. You guys really need some better fighting points than a gaffe and a radical statement like "If you don't support the war you must hate the troops!". Sounds just like that vapid broad Palin, saying something like "It'd be nice if Mr. Obama said he wanted us to win for once." Ugh.
You say the same about Bush or is Yale not as good? 

I'm glad Michelle is finally happy with her country too.

Sorry pal, but we're at war.  Whether you want to be or not, it's a fact.  You want to aide and comfort, be my guest, but I won't when we are clearly winning.  Go on and Reid it up.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

DBBrinson1 wrote:

You're the dem sitcom problem solved in 30min crowd.  Go read some history.  What the US has done is EPIC.
I don't think you understand what the US has done, at all. Thousands of US lives have been lost needlessly in Iraq. If the objective really was just to topple Saddam there was no need to stay in the country for years after the fact.

And if Iraq was about terrorism, the focus should have been on those responsible for 11th Sept attack. You know, AQ, who are in a different country. And now several different countries thanks to you guys dropping the ball.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5721|College Park, MD

DBBrinson1 wrote:

You say the same about Bush or is Yale not as good?
Bush didn't do all that well, however *shock* I don't think he deserves ALL the hate he gets. He says silly things, and IMO he's not the strongest leader, but Congress is every bit as responsible for the state we're in as he is.

Sorry pal, but we're at war.  Whether you want to be or not, it's a fact.  You want to aide and comfort, be my guest, but I won't when we are clearly winning.  Go on and Reid it up.
The hell are you on about? I don't think anybody denied we're at war.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13rin
+977|6498

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, and it's called "writing a comprehensive post which gets your points out", which apparently YOU lack. But oh well.

It's been 5 fucking years. We were told by your boy George Bush that it was a "mission accomplished". I'm not asking for it to be done in an hour.
So then which parts of specific issues I've illustrated confuse you?  I'd be more than willing to elaborate.  All you type equates to
"I don't understand, dumb it down."  Which is why you will be voting for "bah"ma.  And your types call me a sheep.   Why are we now talking about Bush?  Is he a possible write in candidate?  Bush did win in Iraq.  He did wipe out the main force but did lack a comprehensive strategy.  He counted others to help him.  He was failed to an extent.  He underestimated the insurgency.  Victory is still to be achieved.  And it is because of Bush, not due to the likes of Pelosi, Reid, or o"bah"ma.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Bush did win in Iraq. Victory is still to be achieved.
Contradictory statements don't help.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS
He underestimated the insurgency.
Now there's an understatement.

Bush took a horrid strategy into Iraq. He needed at least twice the number of ground troops, probably more, if he truly intended to hold the place.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13rin
+977|6498

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I don't think you understand what the US has done, at all. Thousands of US lives have been lost needlessly in Iraq. If the objective really was just to topple Saddam there was no need to stay in the country for years after the fact.

And if Iraq was about terrorism, the focus should have been on those responsible for 11th Sept attack. You know, AQ, who are in a different country. And now several different countries thanks to you guys dropping the ball.
Typical "don't poke the bear" response.  Don't forget.  We weren't attacked on 9-11 --> Afghanistan... We didn't consistently violate UN resolutions --> Iraq. 

Fact is that once Saddam was defeated infrastructure needed to be reset.  Yea, that's right, the US will not only kick the asshole out, but he'll clean it up.  It proved longer and more costly due to fanatical assholes.  Again, you're backing the wrong horse.
13rin
+977|6498

TheAussieReaper wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Bush did win in Iraq. Victory is still to be achieved.
Contradictory statements don't help.
What I meant is that he won't be in Office when the last US soldier pulls out of Iraq.  But we have won.
Spark
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS
Well maybe you should've thought of that the first time!

And no, you haven't won yet. You're winning, but you haven't won.

You'll win when Iraq takes full control.

Last edited by Spark (2008-10-09 20:59:14)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13rin
+977|6498

Spark wrote:

Bush took a horrid strategy into Iraq. He needed at least twice the number of ground troops, probably more, if he truly intended to hold the place.
With the help of the media, France, Russia, the UN, and other predominate Democratic leaders and party members it wasn't his fault.  W doesn't work the PR as well as O"bah"ma.

So spark, you were for the troop surge or the pullout?

Again. Null all arguments because Obama has no substance.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-10-09 21:01:03)

Spark
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Spark wrote:

With the help of the media, France, Russia, the UN, and other predominate Democratic leaders and party members it wasn't his fault.  W doesn't work the PR as well as O"bah"ma.

For the surge. Needed to be much bigger IMO.

My position all along has been - it was a mistake going in, and we botched the early days due to not enough troops, but we should stay so the place doesn't become a bomb.
~ Richard Feynman
13rin
+977|6498

Spark wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Spark wrote:

My position all along has been - it was a mistake going in, and we botched the early days due to not enough troops, but we should stay so the place doesn't become a bomb.
So there wasn't enough shock and awe?  Meh... Fair enough.  The UN should have removed Saddam, but -The US is the UN.
Spark
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS
The shock and awe was fine... but that only lasts about two weeks. It's the bit after that that needs many, many, many more troops.

You just can't pacify and hold an area of that size with, what was it, 100 000 troops?

Last edited by Spark (2008-10-09 21:13:44)

~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Somebody should have explained to Mr.Harvard what his preacher was saying over the last 20 years. The man plays dumb with the best of them.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Spark wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

So there wasn't enough shock and awe?  Meh... Fair enough.  The UN should have removed Saddam, but -The US is the UN.

Kmarion wrote:

They needed more troops at the very beginning. Presence matters. You must begin occupations with crushing numbers. The defeated population must see their occupiers on every corner. You may be able to loosen restrictions quickly if the situation allows it but it is impossible to tighten up after you have permitted social chaos. We wage war to be politically correct. We use advanced technology and smart bombs to avoid "collateral" damage. This will not just be an American problem, this is the precedent for all wars to come. Wars were never meant to be civilized. They must be ugly. The enemy's will must be completely broken. The Human race is evolving and what was acceptable in the past is no longer. Throw in Embedded journalist and 24/7 cable news and the job of the military has severely been impaired.
A lot has changed in 1 year, 8 months.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6666

Kmarion wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Somebody should have explained to Mr.Harvard what his preacher was saying over the last 20 years. The man plays dumb with the best of them.
I can't blame him. I slept through about 16 years of church. I had no idea what the pastor was saying either.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I can't blame him. I slept through about 16 years of church. I had no idea what the pastor was saying either.
Me either - there's a reason I haven't been in any religious building since 5th grade!
Vax
+42|5871|Flyover country

Poseidon wrote:

And frankly, being this far behind in the polls (and the state by states indicating an Obama win), McCain SHOULD.
Yeah, this is a good Chess move by the Obama camp, same as buying time on Dish

McCain crew surely could have done it too 

fail on them
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Me either - there's a reason I haven't been in any religious building since 5th grade!
You guys aren't going around calling anyone your spiritual adviser.. big difference. His soul means something to him. This is why he should have been clued in.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard