2) FFLink13 - Acer Aspire One
3) .Sup - Acer Aspire One
4) james@alienware - HP Mininote
5) Afroman.exe - HP Mininote
6) Dauntless - Vye Mini-V S37
7) GC_PaNzerFIN - ASUS EEE PC 904HD
8) Kurazoo - Acer Aspire One
9) thraSK - Lenovo S10e

Last edited by CapnNismo (2010-01-04 07:50:26)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6193|Winland

As I say: Meganote > Mininote. I should start a Meganote Owners Club, but I'm afraid only me and max would be members
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Benzin
+576|5994
What the hell is a Meganote???
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6193|Winland

CapnNismo wrote:

You'll know when you're a bit older, son

17". In other words, the real men.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England
Number 2, I guess.

Acer Aspire One.
Benzin
+576|5994

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Well you enjoy your bad back and shoulders, youngman. I iz older dan j00 nigguh
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6387|fÄking denmark

Freezer7Pro wrote:

As I say: Meganote > Mininote. I should start a Meganote Owners Club, but I'm afraid only me and max would be members
/Thread
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6193|Winland

CapnNismo wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Well you enjoy your bad back and shoulders, youngman. I iz older dan j00 nigguh
I enjoy

actually

having

some

space

on my screen.
Benzin
+576|5994
I have a larger notebook at home as desktop replacement. But honestly, when you need to keep something nearby, it's not a bad way to get around. Having over 2 hours of regular battery life isn't bad either, and the new Atoms get twice that.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6193|Winland

CapnNismo wrote:

I have a larger notebook at home as desktop replacement. But honestly, when you need to keep something nearby, it's not a bad way to get around. Having over 2 hours of regular battery life isn't bad either, and the new Atoms get twice that.
I get around three-four hours with a new battery on this one. I don't find any problem with carrying it around, it's not as heavy as you might think. I always carry my bag around, anyhow.
Benzin
+576|5994
You get 3-4 hours? How slow is it then?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6449|The Twilight Zone

Freezer7Pro wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

L@L
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6193|Winland

CapnNismo wrote:

Probably about as fast as your netbook.
Benzin
+576|5994
If not slower.

How many kgs?
.Sup
be nice

Freezer7Pro wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

What CPU does it have?
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6193|Winland

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

What CPU does it have?
T5600, 1.83GHz (1GHz on SpeedStep), 2MB L2, 667MHz FSB. Dual core, of course.

CapnNismo wrote:

If not slower.

How many kgs?
Doubt that. 2.9kg.

And what it has that your little wannabe laptops don't: A graphics card. An upgradable graphics card.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-10-07 14:12:06)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6563|NYC / Hamburg

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

lol C2D 1.83GHz vs. Atom. I feel really sorry for the atom

Last edited by max (2008-10-07 14:15:56)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
.Sup
be nice

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What CPU does it have?

CapnNismo wrote:

If not slower.

How many kgs?
Doubt that. 2.9kg.

And what it has that your little wannabe laptops don't: A graphics card. An upgradable graphics card.
The point of those mini laptops is portability not upgradeability.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6193|Winland

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

What CPU does it have?

CapnNismo wrote:

If not slower.

How many kgs?
Doubt that. 2.9kg.

I know that, but in my case, portability ends at 18", as my bag is 17". I don't see the real use for a mininote, unless you're a 50kg anorexic with severe bone growth problems.

And performance is just lovely.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-10-07 14:19:52)

max
Vela Incident

real men have no problems lifting a 17 incher. Only preteen girls would have problems with 14inch+ notebooks. I prefer having a keyboard I can type 30page essays on instead of cramping up after a paragraph
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6193|Winland

max wrote:

real men have no problems lifting a 17 incher. Only preteen girls would have problems with 14inch+ notebooks. I prefer having a keyboard I can type 30page essays on instead of cramping up after a paragraph
And a numpad <3

That's just seriously awesome.

EDIT: Oh, and Capn/Sup, what CPUs do you have in those little things of yours?

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-10-07 14:24:09)

Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6738|London

lol "real men"
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
max
Vela Incident

In conclusion: If you want a cheap light toy, get a netbook. If you wanna work on your laptop, you'll need at least a 14incher, the more the better
.Sup
be nice

max wrote:

In conclusion: If you want a cheap light toy, get a netbook. If you wanna work on your laptop, you'll need at least a 14incher, the more the better
I have both. Had money to spend, sue me. @Freezer- atom 1.6ghz
Smithereener
+138|6311|California

Freezer7Pro wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Doubt that. 2.9kg.

I know that, but in my case, portability ends at 18", as my bag is 17". I don't see the real use for a mininote, unless you're a 50kg anorexic with severe bone growth problems.

And performance is just lovely.
Hold on, upgradeable graphics on a notebook? Surely you don't mean user-upgradeable right?

At any rate, 17" notebooks aren't by any means not portable, but every pound/kg counts when you're carrying a notebook, nalgene bottle, notebooks (paper), and a few textbooks in your backpack/bag. Screen space is nice, but most people won't actually need that high of a resolution to do what they need to do IMO. I'm doing quite fine with a 1280x800 13" screen; doesn't strain my eyes at all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard