Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I survive on stoner food, breakfast meals, and takeout. This pandemic has forced me to learn how to cook things like rice, macaroni and cheese, cake, grilled cheese, and pancakes. Among other things I am forgetting.
Isn't your local diner on grubhub?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Larssen wrote:

I'm actually vomiting
At what? Are you offended we call that a waffle? Stop being such a prude, belgique
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I survive on stoner food, breakfast meals, and takeout. This pandemic has forced me to learn how to cook things like rice, macaroni and cheese, cake, grilled cheese, and pancakes. Among other things I am forgetting.
Isn't your local diner on grubhub?
That defeats the whole point of a quarantine if you are going to have essential worker strangers drop off food for you.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
I also like Chef-Boy-R-D, microwavable food, peanut butter and jelly. Strange thing is I am still only 150. If I ate healthy food I can probably go into the low 140 again.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
Turns out my kitchen and a rural Trump supporter's is probably if filled with the same stuff. We aren't so different after all.
Larssen
+99|1884

SuperJail Warden wrote:

this entire list of food offends me
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'm not trying to gatekeep being an adult, but those are all things you should know how to cook by the time you're 18.

Take a cooking class. Be a more well-rounded young man. You gonna make grilled cheeses for your dates?

Chef Boyardee. Jesus christ
Larssen
+99|1884
he doesn't even need a cooking class there's youtube.

For god's sake mac learn to cook something. at least a carbonara. a good omelette. a stir fry. anything.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Larssen wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I survive on hipster tears and raw cow's milk cheese.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'm not trying to gatekeep being an adult, but those are all things you should know how to cook by the time you're 18.

Take a cooking class. Be a more well-rounded young man. You gonna make grilled cheeses for your dates?

Chef Boyardee. Jesus christ
When I am a cop I am going to buy one of those meal delivery services where you just have to stick it in the microwave and have your three balanced meals for the day.
https://www.thecreativebite.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Factor-Prepared-Meal-Delivery-Service-copy.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

Why not just cut it all out and buy a jug of soylent?
Larssen
+99|1884

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

the worst thing I've ever seen on the internet is this cheese whiz stuff you people have. my god.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
If I could just survive off of vitamin pills before bed I would. I am not a foody.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
cheese whiz is delicious on a cheese steak sandwich. You're missing out
-Frederick Bastiat
Larssen
+99|1884
they say the US has great culinary diversity but you seem to have created a good amount of abominable shit to go along with that.

i do like your texmex.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
is it worse than gravlax or lutefisk or hakarl?
-Frederick Bastiat
Larssen
+99|1884
the farther north in europe you travel the more disgusting the food, it is true.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Mmmm I could go for some haggis, or some spotted dick, or some blood sausage (which i actually like), or foie gras (also delicious) or a heaping pile of tripe!

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-22 15:17:30)

-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3448

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

i hope you cook for your wife seeing as she's the high-flying breadwinner.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716

Larssen wrote:

the farther north in europe you travel the more disgusting the food, it is true.
The Viking expansion was driven by constant famines in Scandinavia. There is nothing to eat there so they will eat anything.
Larssen
+99|1884
the only edible thing on that list is foie gras, but so often it's not prepared well or bad quality. Testament to the ingredient that even in those cases it still tastes alright, but good foie gras with the right food combinations is fantastic. Just not a very ethical food.
uziq
+492|3448

Larssen wrote:

they say the US has great culinary diversity but you seem to have created a good amount of abominable shit to go along with that.

i do like your texmex.
the bad stereotypes about US food are the same ones, to a lesser degree, about post-war british food: it's industrial junk.

the actual 'cuisine' rooted in cooking traditions, local ingredients, etc. is probably just about as good as anywhere. cooking isn't that difficult.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

Larssen wrote:

i do like your texmex.
Texmex is American Mexican food. Cut the middle man and just eat Mexican food.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716

Jay wrote:

Mmmm I could go for some haggis, or some spotted dick, or some blood sausage (which i actually like), or foie gras (also delicious) or a heaping pile of tripe!
Have you ever had Dominican-Puerto Rican blood sausage? I tasted it once when my mom took me on a trip to the "Old Neighborhood" once. I haven't seen it sold anyone else other than that one place. I tasted it and didn't like but my taste has changed with age so I need to try it again.
Larssen
+99|1884
Cooking can be as simple or complicated as you want to make it. It's the art of cooking no. Something basic like an omelette can be made 100x better if you have a good chef applying the right techniques.

As for the US I do really want to visit the south for its BBQ culture at some point. Everything I've seen looks amazing.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Texmex is American Mexican food. Cut the middle man and just eat Mexican food.
Oh I like mexican but texmex is pretty distinct imo. It's great comfort food.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-05-22 15:24:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard