Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
If it's anything like the original, I'll be sure to buy it. Never gotten into MMO's, but if it's Star Wars and it's an MMO...what's not to love? I actually never fully played KOTOR, but from everything I've seen and heard, it was amazing. Plus, since SWTFU was my first Star Wars game ever, I'll be sure to get into this.

And in addition to all of that...BioWare will be making it, just as they did with the original.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/04/rumor … nced-soon/

When it gets announced, I'll post it here. I'm expecting this week.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6784|Perth, Western Australia
I fucking love the KOTOR series!

I never finished the first, but I finished the second twice (both endings) - SO AWESOME. Easily the best non movie Star Wars storyline ever - actually it probably trumps Phantom Menace and Attck of the Clones.

Will buy it - although now that I think about it having to play as a non jedi (for at least some of the game anyway) in the KOTOR time period would be quite painful...
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6155|Vancouver | Canada
Hmm...it does sound awesome, but I guess we'll have to see.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

SharkyMcshark wrote:

I fucking love the KOTOR series!

I never finished the first, but I finished the second twice (both endings) - SO AWESOME. Easily the best non movie Star Wars storyline ever - actually it probably trumps Phantom Menace and Attck of the Clones.

Will buy it - although now that I think about it having to play as a non jedi (for at least some of the game anyway) in the KOTOR time period would be quite painful...
Sharky, the first KOTOR's story was far beyond the second in terms of how epic it was. Far, FAR beyond it.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6438|Brisbane, Australia

Poseidon wrote:

but if it's Star Wars and it's an MMO...what's not to love?
lolstarwarsgalaxies
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

but if it's Star Wars and it's an MMO...what's not to love?
lolstarwarsgalaxies
Yeah but they fucked the launch, fixed it, had it running good for a bit, then nerfed the fuck out of everything.

Srsly if you made a list of how to fuck an MMO then Star Wars Galaxies would check every box. That said, the story about the Rebel uprising on that UK server or w/e was awesome.

In other news, Montenegro has a bay called Kotor.

Last edited by Flecco (2008-10-05 01:15:10)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5973|England

Kotor is fair mint

Cant wait
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5778|loves Stimey <3 |
do want
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
fucking acronyms
BRiiNDED
+137|6123
It will ruin the Knights of the Old Republic legend in my opinion, it's awesome enough as it is. Instead of an MMO type, it would be better of with CO-OP mode for the story line, don't know how it would work but you know. If it does turn into an MMO, it will be just like WoW but Star Wars style, and you all know it.
Well that's my opinion.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6784|Perth, Western Australia

Death_Brinded_Pro wrote:

It will ruin the Knights of the Old Republic legend in my opinion, it's awesome enough as it is. Instead of an MMO type, it would be better of with CO-OP mode for the story line, don't know how it would work but you know. If it does turn into an MMO, it will be just like WoW but Star Wars style, and you all know it.
Well that's my opinion.
It might be wierd in that instead of the jedi playing the role that changes the course of the galaxy, you'll be playing one of the randoms wandering around Telos station or Citadel...
chittydog
less busy
+586|6834|Kubra, Damn it!

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Death_Brinded_Pro wrote:

Well that's my opinion.
It might be wierd in that instead of the jedi playing the role that changes the course of the galaxy, you'll be playing one of the randoms wandering around Telos station or Citadel...
Good call. KOTOR's greatness won't translate well to MMORPG. Besides, how will this be different than SW Galaxies aside from a different time period?

@Sharky. As the second one was rushed through development and the storyline wasn't finished, the first one was definitely better. Some of the storyline will be ruined for you since you've already played through II, though. I finished both as light and dark side. They're two of my favorite games and I wish they'd make a KOTOR III rather than another crap MMO.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Aaaaaaand here it is:

Star Wars: The Old Republic -

http://kotaku.com/5066784/star-wars-the … itious-mmo

http://www.swtor.com/

Play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and forge your own Star Wars™ saga in a story-driven massively-multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts. Explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Old Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy.

Choose to be a Jedi, a Sith, or from a variety of other classic Star Wars roles, and make decisions which define your personal story and determine your path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way you will befriend courageous companions who will fight at your side or possibly betray you based on your actions. Together, you will battle enemies in dynamic Star Wars combat and team up with other players to overcome incredible challenges.

Join us. Your personal Star Wars saga begins in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

That game will be chaos tbh. How many clones of classic star wars characters do you think will end up out there?

*cough*Darth Maul*cough*

Last edited by Flecco (2008-10-21 15:29:03)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6779|Great Brown North
those screens are a tad... cartoonish?
firebolt5
+114|6154
Well, it is concept art...
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6390

Flecco wrote:

That game will be chaos tbh. How many clones of classic star wars characters do you think will end up out there?

*cough*Darth Maul*cough*
How many light-side Darth Mauls will appear, followed by consequent defection to dark again?
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6763
Unfortunately I find that it will be cartoonish, several articles have said it will be kind of cartoonish for lower level systems. I just wish you could have Sith, Jedi, and Mandolorian in this game. Honestly, sabers can be fun but mando is just kickass.

oh and star wars galaxies, as a former player, was incrediable. I loved it. It was perfect. And then they introduced Jedi as a playable profession and then tried to balance them and then nerfed the entire game down to dirt dumb levels. Hate it now.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6520|Austin, Texas
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6436|Brisbane, Australia
Hmmm, wonder if there will be subscription fees? The video said the cartoonish graphics are there for the game's own "style". Anyway, the main concern is...CAN I BE A WOOKIE!
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

meh
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Kurse
The Black Wizards
+16|6732|California
I'm trying to have high hopes for this because it's BioWare, but there's always the pessimist in me that knows it will end up like Hellgate and Age of Conan.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Wat Kurse? Conan seems mildly successful other than the removal of what made it relatively unique in mommorpuger land ('mature' content... topless chicks and such)....

Hellgate just failed. Hard.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Flecco wrote:

Wat Kurse? Conan seems mildly successful other than the removal of what made it relatively unique in mommorpuger land ('mature' content... topless chicks and such)....

Hellgate just failed. Hard.
Dude...Conan is dead.

http://kotaku.com/5103503/age-of-conan-tanked-heres-why

I have high hopes for SWTOR. I've never been into MMORPGs before, so I think this might be my first one.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-12-13 20:09:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard