Braddock
Agitator
+916|6440|Éire
Facebook's international HQ will be in Dublin

"As it expands across the globe, social network Facebook will establish its official international headquarters in the Irish capital of Dublin, the Irish Times reported Thursday. The announcement was made by Mary Coughlan, Ireland's minister for enterprise, trade, and employment, and the Times hinted that the company is already recruiting to build up a local work force.

The Dublin office will be the center of Facebook's operations for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, from ad sales to technical support. "After exploring various locations throughout the region, we decided Ireland was the best place to establish our new headquarters," Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer of the Palo Alto, Calif.-based Facebook, said in a statement to the Times. "The talent pool in Dublin is world-class, and recruiting local talent will help us better understand the needs of local users and the regional dynamics that, in turn, can give us better insight into what features matter most," she added."

Source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-10056 … 7-1_3-0-20

This is pretty encouraging news for me after only my first day of a PHD in multimedia and technology development! Who says there's a financial crisis!?

Last edited by Braddock (2008-10-02 09:52:36)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6679|Global Command
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6650|so randum
i like facebook.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER