DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada
I have my stereo set as an alarm clock, but when it turns on, it makes a sort of "click" noise, which is usually enough to wake me up.

This morning however, it woke me up because it sounded as loud as a gun going off, and at a higher pitch, which scared the shit out of me.
I'm pretty sure it didn't really sound like that, so wtf happened?

I've woken up before from really loud bangs that have no apparent explanation..
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT
Did you sleep on your ear or something? You might have altered your hearing through that.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I'm always on my side, so yeah.

I can't sleep on my back.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT
Its sounds plausible.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I've been startled awake  by noises that I know are not very loud, but are amplified by my brain for whatever reason.

I've also had my receiver pop(not damage) my speakers when I turn it on.  Usually because the mono cable is crossing a speaker wire.
Afroman.exe
Banned
+25|5697|Adelaide, Australia
Is this you?? 

Dale Smither? Sylar killed you already

lol but seriously it probably seems really loud cause you have been sleeping in practically complete silence for like 8hrs then any noise will probably seem louder
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5938
Sometimes when I'm about to fall asleep, some kind of huge noise scares the crap outa me. I don't think it's anything in my room, could it just be me realizing I'm falling alseep and like try to get outa it or something? No need to tell me it sounds stupid...
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Hmm...well I guess it seems more like my brain is amplifying things.

..How though?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6109|Birmingham, UK

DefCon-17 wrote:

Apparantly its bad for your fertility to sleep on your back anyway...
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

DefCon-17 wrote:

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

Maybe it's busted a cap.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5755|Roma
Same thing happened to me.
I use the Ipod-Speakers to wake up and always set Coldplay since theirs songs are kind of relaxing.
But yesterday I forgot to set coldplay and woke up with Justice playing Stress at a pretty med-high volume at 6:30 in the morning.
Not that pleasant.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I lol'd.

But I'm pretty sure the sound I heard did not actually sound that loud.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6741|Comber, Northern Ireland
pics or it didnt happen
ParadoXic
+11|5737|Vancouver, Canada
Oh my bad that was me....
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

david363 wrote:

pics or it didnt happen
https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/blackbloodedpoet/Pictures%20With%20Captions/funny_penguin.jpg
Laika
+75|5945

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Sometimes when I'm about to fall asleep, some kind of huge noise scares the crap outa me. I don't think it's anything in my room, could it just be me realizing I'm falling alseep and like try to get outa it or something? No need to tell me it sounds stupid...
That always used to happen to me. Scares the shit out of you.
CrazeD
+368|6675|Maine
I've dreamed about things, like a loud noise, and "heard" it which woke me up. No noises were ever made, just woke me up.

Probably you heard the noise from your alarm and it intercepted your dream and you dreamed it as something else.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6782|Great Brown North
i've had that happen too when someone unlocked my bedroom door... it sounded like i was right next to it and it was 10x louder than it should have been

Bradt3hleader wrote:

i perfer the noise wakeup rather then that damn "falling" feeling >.< creeps me out

lol at the guy above me

Last edited by krazed (2008-10-01 19:15:04)

irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6165|Houston, Texas
the click from my door knob turning is normally enough to wake me, but when my phone rings it scares the shit out of me
SealXo
+309|6537
i have a secret for super hhuman hearing temporarly
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6780|Long Island
Well, you said that it kinda scared the shit out of you... which, to me, is good.  That way, you can wake up easier in the morning.  I hate waking up for school and have a lot of trouble doing so.  If I got scared every time, life would be easier.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

CrazeD wrote:

I've dreamed about things, like a loud noise, and "heard" it which woke me up. No noises were ever made, just woke me up.

Probably you heard the noise from your alarm and it intercepted your dream and you dreamed it as something else.
Hmm...that's possible.

Slickdawg8 wrote:

Well, you said that it kinda scared the shit out of you... which, to me, is good.  That way, you can wake up easier in the morning.  I hate waking up for school and have a lot of trouble doing so.  If I got scared every time, life would be easier.
Haha true. I did wake up a lot faster.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard