rgraze
+6|6643
My number one complaint is the reload sequence.  Has any of these programers actually fired a gun? Then they will know you dont recock the weapon when you put a new mag in, ITS ALREADY COCKED!  Reloads should be way faster.  Like the M16, empty a clip, slap a new mag in, hit the bolt release and your good to go. That button on the side of the M16 is for removing a jammed cartridge. Same with hand guns.  I think all the weapons reloads are wrong.  Take a hint from rainbow six, they seem to have it right.

Complaint number 2.  The choppers are way to armored, has anyone seen blackhawk down and noticed an rpg took out a chopper, not to mention if I shoot a chopper with an anti tank missle it will to way more damage, even if I shoot a chopper with a tank it should go down.

Where are the hand held anti aircraft missles? 

As far as the GL I am a big fan of it, I can lob a grenade a good distance and take someone out, I know alot of you dont like it but we each have our complaints.  I dont have a problem if they make it more realistic. That seems fair.  But to make it weaker wont be realistic, if a grenade goes off next to you, your hurting. If an anti tank missle goes off next to you, you should be hurtin.

These are things I just need to get off my chest and I do aplogise if this has already been said. I feel better now.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6780|Marathon, Florida Keys
about reloads, that would be good with pistols, having the slide stay back so you just click the release lever after you put a new magazine in, but ive shot a mp5 and a m16, and you have to cock the guns after reload.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Giant_Squid500
+5|6643|U.S.A.

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

about reloads, that would be good with pistols, having the slide stay back so you just click the release lever after you put a new magazine in, but ive shot a mp5 and a m16, and you have to cock the guns after reload.
Well obviously your lying. I shot an M16 just two days ago and you DO NOT have to cock the gun after each mag.  If you did it right you slap in a new mag and press the bolt release which slides the bolt forward and loads a bullet into the chamber. And your locked and loaded. If the gun jams you might have to pull the bolt back but the guns don't seem to jam in BF2.

But yea the reloads need to be redone, theres seriously inaccurate and take longer than needed. But hey! its a game.
Mackattacka
+0|6677|New York
Yeah, you don't need to re-cock a damn gun after reloading.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6650
M-4 reloading .

From the start the blot is locked foward .  Insert a full mag into the mag well  and pull back the charging handle to load the first round .
Fire all remaning ammo in the mag . Upon the last shot the bolt is is caught and held in the rear , in the buttstock . Drop empty mag by pressing the mag release button . Insert 2nd full magazine . Tap the bolt release button to release the bolt foward loading the next round . Repete .

Ak's need to be recharged upon each magazine inserted . Insert mag . Pull charging handle to load the first round . Fire all remaining ammo . Drop mag by pressing the mag release tab . Load new magazine . Reload the chamber by pulling back on the charging handle . Repete .

I hear you about the reloading time though . I'm sorry but special forces can probly drop a spent mag , snag one from an ammo puch and reload in under 4 seconds . With these loading times it's hard to make me feel like a Special forces guy with such slow hand manipulating any fire arms . Specially when I'm in the heat of combat . Who would move so slow to reload ? It just dosen't hold up . Specialy when it comes to the sniper rifle . Gor goodness sakes ! Haven't you seen saving private Ryan ? Remember the sniper in the tower just owning troops left and right before he got killed by the tank ? That's what I want to feel like . A total bad ass sniping the heel out of people . I'm mean shit . I got radar on me , UAV on me and Aircraft that can see me .
Lame . I don't even bother to snipe on any level other then Karkand , Mushtar city and perhaps Wake Island .
Hook us up with faster reloads EA !!!

As far as helicopters yeah , one tank round should be a kill . No helicopter in the world can take a tank round and still fly . Although the hind has enough armor plating on it to protect it from 50. cal ammunition it can't survive a tank round . And being that's its pretty tough to even hit a chopper with a tank you should be rewarded with a kill if you nail one dead on .
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6650
M-4 reloading .

From the start the blot is locked foward .  Insert a full mag into the mag well  and pull back the charging handle to load the first round .
Fire all remaning ammo in the mag . Upon the last shot the bolt is is caught and held in the rear , in the buttstock . Drop empty mag by pressing the mag release button . Insert 2nd full magazine . Tap the bolt release button to release the bolt foward loading the next round . Repete .

Ak's need to be recharged upon each magazine inserted . Insert mag . Pull charging handle to load the first round . Fire all remaining ammo . Drop mag by pressing the mag release tab . Load new magazine . Reload the chamber by pulling back on the charging handle . Repete .

I hear you about the reloading time though . I'm sorry but special forces can probly drop a spent mag , snag one from an ammo puch and reload in under 4 seconds . With these loading times it's hard to make me feel like a Special forces guy with such slow hand manipulating any fire arms . Specially when I'm in the heat of combat . Who would move so slow to reload ? It just dosen't hold up . Specialy when it comes to the sniper rifle . Gor goodness sakes ! Haven't you seen saving private Ryan ? Remember the sniper in the tower just owning troops left and right before he got killed by the tank ? That's what I want to feel like . A total bad ass sniping the heel out of people . I'm mean shit . I got radar on me , UAV on me and Aircraft that can see me .
Lame . I don't even bother to snipe on any level other then Karkand , Mushtar city and perhaps Wake Island .
Hook us up with faster reloads EA !!!

As far as helicopters yeah , one tank round should be a kill . No helicopter in the world can take a tank round and still fly . Although the hind has enough armor plating on it to protect it from 50. cal ammunition it can't survive a tank round . And being that's its pretty tough to even hit a chopper with a tank you should be rewarded with a kill if you nail one dead on .
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6808
My very first post was " Fix the Fuhkin Alt fire Sight picture  "

"  If you are sighting a weapon you should see  ONLY THE FRONT SIGHT POST AND YOUR TARGET "

Jeff Cooper would WEEP !
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6738
sup horseman

sup ronin
shspunkrockr
+0|6723

rgraze wrote:

My number one complaint is the reload sequence.  Has any of these programers actually fired a gun? Then they will know you dont recock the weapon when you put a new mag in, ITS ALREADY COCKED!  Reloads should be way faster.  Like the M16, empty a clip, slap a new mag in, hit the bolt release and your good to go. That button on the side of the M16 is for removing a jammed cartridge. Same with hand guns.  I think all the weapons reloads are wrong.  Take a hint from rainbow six, they seem to have it right.

Complaint number 2.  The choppers are way to armored, has anyone seen blackhawk down and noticed an rpg took out a chopper, not to mention if I shoot a chopper with an anti tank missle it will to way more damage, even if I shoot a chopper with a tank it should go down.

Where are the hand held anti aircraft missles? 

As far as the GL I am a big fan of it, I can lob a grenade a good distance and take someone out, I know alot of you dont like it but we each have our complaints.  I dont have a problem if they make it more realistic. That seems fair.  But to make it weaker wont be realistic, if a grenade goes off next to you, your hurting. If an anti tank missle goes off next to you, you should be hurtin.

These are things I just need to get off my chest and I do aplogise if this has already been said. I feel better now.
You read my fucking mind dude. 100%
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6780|Marathon, Florida Keys

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Well obviously your lying. I shot an M16 just two days ago and you DO NOT have to cock the gun after each mag.  If you did it right you slap in a new mag and press the bolt release which slides the bolt forward and loads a bullet into the chamber. And your locked and loaded. If the gun jams you might have to pull the bolt back but the guns don't seem to jam in BF2.

But yea the reloads need to be redone, theres seriously inaccurate and take longer than needed. But hey! its a game.
In real life you dont need to hit that button on the side, just pull the charging handle, if you left a bullet in the chamber (reload in the middle of a clip) you wouldent have to cock it again, if you emptyed your magazine, you would not have a round in the chamber, and slapping a new mag in wont do the job, you have to cock it, the button on the side is for fixing a jam just like you said, and would not have to be pressed.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
khmer
+86|6648|Central California
Hey what about the sound effects for the grenade launcher. Have you heard the sound effect for the grenade launcher on America's Army? Doesn't it sound better on there. I love how it sounds on America's Army.

Edit: Almost forgot, I wholeheartly agree with everything you said.

Last edited by khmer (2006-01-21 23:12:04)

rgraze
+6|6643
Horseman 77, actually you line up the front sight post with the rear site to get an accurate shot.  Good to see I'm not alone in this.  It just doesnt make sense they spent all that time to make an improper reload sequence.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard