Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas

[R-DEV]UK_Force wrote:

Ok, its a worth a shot ......... please take the time to sign this ipetition and also to get as many people as you know to sign it, and spread the word to the WHOLE of the BF2 community, maybe then they will listen ?

Have asked for the "simple change" to up it to 114p

ie,

Each Side

1 x CO
7 x Squads of 8

Battlefield 2 Increase the 64p limit to 114p Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

If you get to the point which asks for a donation, just leave it at that, DO NOT go back and try again, as it registers the vote anyway with out donating.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr- … ad-me.html

I understand some of you guys don't prefer the Project Reality mod, however, this would affect vanilla BF2 if it's considered, and hopefully implemented. Some of the larger maps would benefit with more players, such as Kubra Dam, Dragon Valley, Daqing Oilfields, Fushe Pass, and infantry-ground Mashtuur City.

Still, it's up to you to sign this e-petition.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2008-09-25 17:23:56)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
114 player on ghost town would be

*signs
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
zomg lag

it would make the large maps more playable, but 114 karkand?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Simply means more idiots racing to the vehicles at the start of every round. And more force tk's during the rounds.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6320|Iowa...
i don't see this happening.in fact,i don't even want it to happen.while it would be beneficial for PR,i never even play it and 114 players on the normal BF2 maps would just be a bigger clusterfuck than it already is.DICE would have to increase the size of all the maps,adding new flags and more vehicle spawns,which they simply won't do.sorry Cyrax.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5901|Somewhere out in Space
fuck that shit, make it 128 player limits

ITT: artillery gives you statistical kills as well.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6508|Internetfitlerland

Not going to happen, dont even bother.
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine
8 man squads?! Dude, 4 man squad is incontroleble crowd in vBF2, you want 2x more ppl?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

~Smokey~ wrote:

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
firebolt5
+114|6125
It's just going to benefit PR and nothing else.  Think about it, 114 players on Karkand.  Yeah, there's bigger maps like Dragon Valley and Kubra Dam but a lot of BF2 servers are IO.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
The game's cramped enough at 64. 114 would make it just epic fail.

As for PR, why should the Vanilla players have to pay because PR has shitty maps that are too big for 64 people?
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

i think ittll wprl
Wallpaper
+303|5964|The pool
Bigger squads, fuck yeah!

114 total players, fuck no. Imagine the uber server you would need (and the price of it)
allfive6
+18|6674|Victoria BC or Karkand

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

[R-DEV]UK_Force wrote:

Ok, its a worth a shot ......... please take the time to sign this ipetition and also to get as many people as you know to sign it, and spread the word to the WHOLE of the BF2 community, maybe then they will listen ?

Have asked for the "simple change" to up it to 114p

ie,

Each Side

1 x CO
7 x Squads of 8

Battlefield 2 Increase the 64p limit to 114p Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

If you get to the point which asks for a donation, just leave it at that, DO NOT go back and try again, as it registers the vote anyway with out donating.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr- … ad-me.html

I understand some of you guys don't prefer the Project Reality mod, however, this would affect vanilla BF2 if it's considered, and hopefully implemented. Some of the larger maps would benefit with more players, such as Kubra Dam, Dragon Valley, Daqing Oilfields, Fushe Pass, and infantry-ground Mashtuur City.

Still, it's up to you to sign this e-petition.
just about the dumbest idea i ever heard can you imagine the lag.
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|5970
fuck that

can you imagine the nade whores in Karkand

naah

there's way too many lil kids playing that suck

also clays...haha, no ty
covenant
+4|6184
114 mash would be amazing..... really really amazing
firebolt5
+114|6125
Err, you guys do know that the server admins don't HAVE to set the limit at 114 .
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

firebolt5 wrote:

Err, you guys do know that the server admins don't HAVE to set the limit at 114 .
Same thing with Friendly Fire. They don't HAVE to turn it on, but they do anyway and we have thousands of threads bitching about team-killing.
Adamshannon8
+94|6155
make it in a mod and get 128 bf2s members to test it out...
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6622|Spokane, Washington

I don't even think this is possible with the games own engine....
firebolt5
+114|6125

Adamshannon8 wrote:

make it in a mod and get 128 bf2s members to test it out...
Some people tried doing it in PR.  Once the 65th player went in the server, the server crashed.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-pr- … erver.html

Last edited by firebolt5 (2008-09-25 19:25:47)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6293|Orrstrayleea

Cheez wrote:

~Smokey~ wrote:

TunaMan
Mouse-Pilot
+29|5754|Israel
114 players? That's just too much for that game...
I think 92 players would do the trick.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas
Some things to consider:

-True, there'd be lag with 114 players around the world.
-Yeah, nade spam in Karkand, the reason I didn't list those small infantry maps to benefit from this. People could still have the 64 player cap, so they'd have current 1.41 gameplay.
-Is it possible? Well, early interviews said they'd want to up the cap from 64 to 128 in BF2, but it didn't happen in the release. It was said though, so they may have done some work on it.
-More players = more tards. Players are the problem here, but having more increases the chances of idiots.

Yeah, you all don't have to sign it, chances are it won't happen. But we didn't really expect a patch 1.5 . . . Do you believe in miracles?

Still, it's your choice, I can't force any of you guys to sign it. Good day.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
there were plans for 128 player... levels...(even had the 128 size folders in the game modes folder of the maps)
but lag and other issues squashed that...  new comps could handle it now though i believe...

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-09-25 21:38:42)

Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard