Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6222|Brisneyland
source

The Australian wrote:

A CNN poll yesterday showed that by a two-to-one margin voters blamed Republicans for the crisis, a sentiment that may be keeping Barack Obama ahead of John McCain in the presidential election race by a margin of five percentage points, 51 to 46.

The poll provided a further boost to the Democrats by showing more Americans - by a hefty 10 percentage points - believe Senator Obama would do a better job of disentangling the economy than Senator McCain. "The economy has always been considered John McCain's Achilles heel, and the (polls) started to show an Obama edge in the middle of last week, just as the financial crisis began to hit home for many Americans," said CNN polling director, Keating Holland.
Polls are polls, and only one poll counts (the election) but the numbers are pretty significant, and maybe hard for McCain to overlook.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

because people are stupid.

usmarine wrote:

so once again explain something to me.  in 2005 greenspan warned senate about mae and mac.  the repubs called for regulation that would have prevented mac and mae from buying all those mortgages.  all the dems blocked it.  so, one more root cause that people (left) seem to not want to bring up.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
Republicans dont know how to internet vote
IRONCHEF
+385|6491|Northern California
I agree that Obama would do better than McCain in producing a better economy.  I think the reason I believe that is because of the perceived reason Clinton improved the economy more than his predecessor.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

IRONCHEF wrote:

I agree that Obama would do better than McCain in producing a better economy.  I think the reason I believe that is because of the perceived reason Clinton improved the economy more than his predecessor.
yep.  yet clinton supported the CRA and HUD rules that pretty much forced banks to give loans to people who banks would never in their right mind gives loans to.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
Taxing the shit out of us will help the economy ... riiiiiight.  Vote no on Obama.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-09-23 15:50:54)

IRONCHEF
+385|6491|Northern California

Stingray24 wrote:

Taxing the shit out of us will help the economy ... riiiiiight.  Vote no on Obama.
Explain, in Obama's own words what you mean exactly.   I see plenty right wing pundits talkin' that line, I see McCain peddling and fearmongering with it (and factcheck.org shows what bs mccain fearmongering ads are)...but I have yet to see any indication that he'll tax us to death.  So please, give me an honest assessment from Obama's mouth what that means.

And for what it's worth, taxation during difficult financial times actually helps them...aside of the reckless spending and military budget debate.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-09-23 16:03:02)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin

IRONCHEF wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Explain, in Obama's own words what you mean exactly.
No one can speak so..... "Eloquent" as Obama.

Locoloki wrote:

Republicans dont know how to internet vote
More like they don't give a shit
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

War Man wrote:

No one can speak so..... "Eloquent" as Obama.
Say that word three more times and everyone will think you're an elitist.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6662|USA

usmarine wrote:

usmarine wrote:

so once again explain something to me.  in 2005 greenspan warned senate about mae and mac.  the repubs called for regulation that would have prevented mac and mae from buying all those mortgages.  all the dems blocked it.  so, one more root cause that people (left) seem to not want to bring up.
2005 bill was garbage. Even republicans said it didn't address the problem.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

usmarine wrote:

yes, but the dems did not help now did they?  bush and other repubs wanted which would have changed things big time.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6662|USA

usmarine wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

yes, but the dems did not help now did they?  bush and other repubs wanted which would have changed things big time.
They should have brought a bill that wasn't a waste of time.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

They should have brought a bill that wasn't a waste of time.
waste of time?  mae and mac would still be around if the bill had been passed.  it was just a pissing match over iraq with the dems.
Stingray24

IRONCHEF wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Explain, in Obama's own words what you mean exactly.   I see plenty right wing pundits talkin' that line, I see McCain peddling and fearmongering with it (and factcheck.org shows what bs mccain fearmongering ads are)...but I have yet to see any indication that he'll tax us to death.  So please, give me an honest assessment from Obama's mouth what that means.

And for what it's worth, taxation during difficult financial times actually helps them...aside of the reckless spending and military budget debate.
Oh please, his positions change depending on who is interviewing him.  Simply take note of the myriad of programs Obama is promising, where else is the money coming from besides the taxpayers?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

Stingray24 wrote:

Oh please, his positions change depending on who is interviewing him.  Simply take note of the myriad of programs Obama is promising, where else is the money coming from besides the taxpayers?
Same place it comes from for Iraq?
Stingray24
All government spending comes from the people.  Obama isn't going to pull us out of Iraq AND he wants to spend on all his programs.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

Stingray24 wrote:

Oh please, his positions change depending on who is interviewing him.
You obviously have a pretty low opinion of anyone who supports him then...  do you really think we're that stupid?  How about post 2 videos from youtube showing him having completely different opinions.  As if McCain doesn't do it at all, too.... lol

Stingray24 wrote:

Simply take note of the myriad of programs Obama is promising, where else is the money coming from besides the taxpayers?
McCains promising an awful lot, too.  And you know with Bush and all, increasing the size of government really works well with lowering taxes for the wealthy... trickle down.. hahahahahha.

edit - stingray I was going to make fun of your sig by using it for my sig with some modification.  But I couldnt think of anything that offensive.  I hope you're kidding, right?  If not thats pretty narrow minded of you.

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-09-23 16:44:31)

Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6456|The edge of sanity

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

source

The Australian wrote:

A CNN poll yesterday showed that by a two-to-one margin voters blamed Republicans for the crisis, a sentiment that may be keeping Barack Obama ahead of John McCain in the presidential election race by a margin of five percentage points, 51 to 46.

The poll provided a further boost to the Democrats by showing more Americans - by a hefty 10 percentage points - believe Senator Obama would do a better job of disentangling the economy than Senator McCain. "The economy has always been considered John McCain's Achilles heel, and the (polls) started to show an Obama edge in the middle of last week, just as the financial crisis began to hit home for many Americans," said CNN polling director, Keating Holland.
Polls are polls, and only one poll counts (the election) but the numbers are pretty significant, and maybe hard for McCain to overlook.
You realise that with the electoral college system the presidential election doesn't mean shit. Its how many republicans and how many democrates are elected as represenatives and congressmen.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
Stingray24

Spearhead wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Oh please, his positions change depending on who is interviewing him.
You obviously have a pretty low opinion of anyone who supports him then...  do you really think we're that stupid?  How about post 2 videos from youtube showing him having completely different opinions.  As if McCain doesn't do it at all, too.... lol

Stingray24 wrote:

Simply take note of the myriad of programs Obama is promising, where else is the money coming from besides the taxpayers?
McCains promising an awful lot, too.  And you know with Bush and all, increasing the size of government really works well with lowering taxes for the wealthy... trickle down.. hahahahahha.

edit - stingray I was going to make fun of your sig by using it for my sig with some modification.  But I couldnt think of anything that offensive.  I hope you're kidding, right?  If not thats pretty narrow minded of you.
I don't think Obama supporters are stupid, I just disagree with the policies of their candidate.  I'll leave insulting the intelligence of supporters to you Dems.  Obama's a typical tax and spend lib, McCain won't even have try to be better on spending. 

to edit: Why is it offensive?  Truth hurts I guess.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-09-23 17:00:36)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

You realise that with the electoral college system the presidential election doesn't mean shit. Its how many republicans and how many democrates are elected as represenatives and congressmen.
No, it's not. It's about how many reps and senators each state has...regardless of party affiliation.

Everyone talks about electors not voting with the population...but the three or so votes that have ever been cast--in the history of all US presidential elections--not once has it affected the outcome of any election in any way whatsoever.

But don't let pesky things like facts stand in your way.

Last edited by FEOS (2008-09-23 17:10:41)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
McCain thought the economy was in good shape until the media got on his ass about it.

'Nuff said.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Poseidon wrote:

McCain thought the economy was in good shape until the media got on his ass about it.

'Nuff said.
the financial markets fucked up and the world did not end.  i actually bought stuff and used a ATM today.  so, if it was weak we would have anarchy right now no?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

usmarine wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

'Nuff said.
the financial markets fucked up and the world did not end.  i actually bought stuff and used a ATM today.  so, if it was weak we would have anarchy right now no?
To think the economy is "fine" or "fundamentally sound" as he put it is fucking ridiculous. If he said it's "not in crisis", it'd be different. Understandable, at the least. But he didn't.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command

IRONCHEF wrote:

Some say petception is reality.

Last edited by ATG (2008-09-23 18:08:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard