FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Don't know if you heard, but Palin had a job after mayor of Wasilla.

It's called governor. Of Alaska. One of the 51 executives in the US (50 states + President). Alaska has an economy, which the executive has a large part in managing.

FFS, it's not like she came out of the damn bush with a moose legbone in her mouth after a week of clubbing baby seals.

And chaos, you are certainly entitled to your view. But I am an American first and last. I am not a citizen of the world. I know my country has a place in the world, and I'm all for other countries' people doing well. But I will not put another country's interests before my own country's. I realize that it is in my country's best interest to have good relations with other countries. But I am not a citizen of the world. The world didn't give me the freedoms and opportunities I enjoy--my country did.
I mentioned she was governor of Alaska. I neglected to mention that she was also a sports presenter.
I did mention what kind of state Alaska was - it is reflected in your link:

The oil and gas industry dominates the Alaskan economy, with more than 80% of the state's revenues derived from petroleum extraction. Alaska's main export product (excluding oil and natural gas) is seafood, primarily salmon, cod, Pollock and crab.
Dig, chop, fish, mine, extract. Simple as that.

Oh and personally I regard a decent tertiary (preferably beyond tertiary) education as an absolute must for someone who could potentially hold such a globally politically and economically influential role. She farted around several colleges - a semester here, a semester there- more concerned about winning beauty pageants than filling her brain with knowledge. When she was eventually done she had the grand sum total of a BSc in communications, with a minor in Political Science. So basically she learned how to shit talk to the masses.

She's a simple hockey mom hick, with little/no worldly experience and an infestation of the mind in terms of religion, from a wilderness state in the backass of beyond. She is a complete unmitigated doomsday scenario. I feel sorry for McCain because I actually have some respect for the man, although his choice of VP has raised some very serious questions about his intellect.

Oh and FEOS, the world gave your country half the shit you use in your everyday life through importation of goods - check your national balance of trade. And last I checked you guys imported a shitload of your transportation and electricity production fuels. I'm also fairly certain the major corporations and various businesses that provide you guys with jobs are counting on the external market of over 5.5 billion people to buy their goods. So yes you are a citizen of the world. Americans need to learn that fact. Check your national debt and who owns it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fore … _share.gif

Even tiny green speck in the asshole of the Atlantic, Ireland, owns 0.71% of the $2.7trn of US debt held by foreign nations. I know it's not in my interests or in anyone's interests for the US to fail. Hence the reason I'm concerned that the US are going to fuck themselves and the rest of us to an even more extreme degree than possibly imaginable.
Hmmmm....didn't your president start out as a journalist/TV presenter?

So I guess it's OK to just throw around unfounded cultural slurs now? So your drunken slut of a president spent her time in college blowing Protestants to piss off her Catholic family then decided she liked TV and then became a "presenter" which we all know requires no skill. Following that, she was a failure in running for public office with no executive experience before being elected President.

So...yeah. Irish have any room at all to bitch about Palin's background.

Oh, and Cam: Importing means buying things from other countries. Nobody gives us anything.

I'm a citizen of the United States--nowhere else. As such, I participate in the global economy. But I am not a citizen of the world.

Last edited by FEOS (2008-09-23 15:29:58)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

FEOS wrote:

So I guess it's OK to just throw around unfounded cultural slurs now? So your drunken slut of a president spent her time in college blowing Protestants to piss off her Catholic family then decided she liked TV and then became a "presenter" which we all know requires no skill. Following that, she was a failure in running for public office with no executive experience before being elected President.

golden.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

FEOS wrote:

Oh, and Cam: Importing means buying things from other countries. Nobody gives us anything.
Our president is a Professor of Law from Trinity College Dublin.

As far as I know she got through her extensive tertiary education in one go, getting her undergraduate qualifications at Queen's University Belfast and then getting her postgraduate qualifications at Trinity College Dublin.

Her family were forced from their home by loyalist death squads during 'the Troubles' ftr. She knows a bit about hardship and the horrors of war.

Last I heard she didn't commentate on any ballgames or such. She didn't enter any beauty pageants either. Despite being a Catholic she was also progressive in that she campaigned for homosexual rights.

Following all that she was elected President, twice.

Oh and I'm fairly certain America wouldn't be half the country it is if it didn't sell products to the outside world. After all - you guys are the primary proponents of globalisation and freedom of movement of capital. And I'm fairly sure that if the rest of the world didn't bankroll you the US would be in a very different position than it is (perhaps for the better, in that the nation would have lived more within its means).
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

usmarine wrote:

no, but i did.  just joining in the name calling.
Describing various aspects of Sarah Palin's life is name calling now? That doesn't bode well for her.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-09-23 15:44:34)

SealXo
+309|6536

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Describing various aspects of Sarah Palin's life is name calling now?

CP wrote:

Sarah Palin is a fucking hick
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

SealXo wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

CP wrote:

lewl
FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Our president is a Professor of Law from Trinity College Dublin.

As far as I know she got through her extensive tertiary education in one go, getting her undergraduate qualifications at Queen's University Belfast and then getting her postgraduate qualifications at Trinity College Dublin.

Her family were forced from their home by loyalist death squads during 'the Troubles' ftr. She knows a bit about hardship and the horrors of war.

Last I heard she didn't commentate on any ballgames or such. She didn't enter any beauty pageants either. Despite being a Catholic she was also progressive in that she campaigned for homosexual rights.

Following all that she was elected President, twice.

Oh and I'm fairly certain America wouldn't be half the country it is if it didn't sell products to the outside world. After all - you guys are the primary proponents of globalisation and freedom of movement of capital. And I'm fairly sure that if the rest of the world didn't bankroll you the US would be in a very different position than it is (perhaps for the better, in that the nation would have lived more within its means).
You missed the point I was making. Anyone can demean another's accomplishments, which is what you did with Palin. You made a series of posts that are woefully below your normal high standards. You've resorted to stereotyping, name-calling, and just plain meanness. Just because you don't like a VP candidate for a country that you don't live in. So I made a similar ridiculous comment about your president...whose bona fides are not as different from Palin's as you would like to believe. Your president had no executive experience before becoming president...Palin has, and she's running for the #2 job, at that.

What does her beauty pageant history have to do with anything? Is she claiming it as a credential? No. You are getting wound up about aspects of her life that she does not trumpet...and those that she does, you are dismissing via stereotyping, generalization, and basic oversight/ignorance of basic facts.

As to the globalization argument, I fully realize it is a global economy. I believe I stated that rather unambiguously. I will never (even colloquially) call myself a citizen of any entity but the United States of America...."citizen" being the key word.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

usmarine wrote:

SealXo wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

CP wrote:

lewl
Qualified with why I think she is a hick in no uncertain terms in a lengthy OP complete with references and quotations...
SealXo
+309|6536
delawarez is smull lol biden is unfit for office.
FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

SealXo wrote:

He's a hick.
― Albert Einstein

SealXo
+309|6536

FEOS wrote:

SealXo wrote:

He's a hick.
Bidens more of a hick than she is.

And drunk at the speach, clearly.

I love my wife, but i LOVE her. And lol he goes off on that random story.. "Oh hey theres bobby!!"

Last edited by SealXo (2008-09-23 17:17:49)

FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Biden's a drunk hick who's unfit for office.
― Albert Einstein

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Religious zealots with power, Doom.

A real example:
Ahmadinejad @ UN September 23 2008
https://i34.tinypic.com/2z8oihh.jpg
https://i38.tinypic.com/2j4scxv.jpg
https://i37.tinypic.com/27y5taf.jpg
The Mahdi is on his way to uplift the righteous and destroy the wicked.
http://www.un.org/ga/63/generaldebate/pdf/iran_en.pdf
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

What has Iran done lately on an international stage?  Ahmadinejad's all talk.

FEOS wrote:

Shh, remember, you're still undecided.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-09-23 18:14:31)

FEOS
+1,182|6411|'Murka

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Sarcasm meter not working, KJ?

And...shhh...I'm still undecided.
― Albert Einstein

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

FEOS wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Sarcasm meter not working, KJ?

And...shhh...I'm still undecided.
i find biden interesting in relation to obama.  He basically said stuff like he thinks hilldog would have been a better pick, he said their ads against mccain were terrible, he disagrees with obama on AIG, and he said obama would never get his shotguns.  i wonder what is going thru obamas mind about him.
SealXo
+309|6536
maybe biden wants to get kicked off the ticket
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

SealXo wrote:

i mean really.  sometimes when you hear him, its sounds like he is campaigning against obama or something.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

usmarine wrote:

SealXo wrote:

i mean really.  sometimes when you hear him, its sounds like he is campaigning against obama or something.
He debates for the sake of debating
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

Kmarion wrote:

Religious zealots with power, Doom.

A real example:
Ahmadinejad @ UN September 23 2008
http://i34.tinypic.com/2z8oihh.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2j4scxv.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/27y5taf.jpg
The Mahdi is on his way to uplift the righteous and destroy the wicked.
http://www.un.org/ga/63/generaldebate/pdf/iran_en.pdf
Meh, sounds like church to me. Then again I slept through most of it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Mutantsteak wrote:

usmarine wrote:

SealXo wrote:

He debates for the sake of debating
No he doesn't!

(oh yes he does)

(oh no he doesn't!)

tbh I think he's trying to warm up for his debate against Sarah Palin when you know she's just going to rip into him...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
I can't wait until Friday.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

ATG wrote:

I can't wait until Friday.
fuck ya.  end of the work week.
rdx-fx
+955|6591

CameronPoe wrote:

Alaska is a largely unpopulated wilderness of ice, tundra, mountains, oil and polar bears. People are given tax breaks to move there, such is the lack of appeal the place has. It's essentially a welfare state in a country that prides itself and characterises itself on being the opposite. It is devoid of innovation - what primarily happens there is this:

- People fish crabs, lobsters, etc.
- People drill oil wells and pump oil.
- People cut down trees.

It is not Massachessetts - it does not give America an MIT or a Harvard. It is not New York - it does not give America global financial clout. It is not Chicago - it does not give America classic architecture and a wealth of musical heritage. All Alaska is about is extraction of resources from the sea or the ground. Nobody really needs to think about what they're doing - drill, chop, throw nets overboard. Simple as that.
Your image of Alaska is slightly off-base.  To illustrate, let me paint a similar caricature of something more familiar to you;

Ireland is a largely unpopulated rainy, dreary island of drunks, Leprechauns, psychotic redheaded nymphomaniac women, and authors of inscrutably dense literature.  People are given a free beer mug at birth, such is the depressing, rainy, dreary nature of the island.  It's essentially the abused step-child of the United Kingdom (hence the term "beaten like a redheaded step-child").  It is monotonous and devoid of any redeeming qualities.  What primarily happens there is this:

- People try to read Ulysses, Finnegan's Wake, or Portrait of the Artist
- People get really really drunk, hoping that the above works will make more sense
- People pick random fights with strangers in pubs (usually revolving around disagreements about which is their favorite shade of green)
- People get even more drunk

It is not Europe, America, or any of the more interesting places to visit.  Nobody really needs to do anything but drink, fight, drink, procreate, fight more, steal foreigner's Lucky Charms, and bitch about every other english-speaking countries' problems but their own - loudly, and in as many varieties of media as they can manage to poke their thick stubby fingers into.
imortal
+240|6665|Austin, TX

SealXo wrote:

usmarine wrote:

So lets see.  She was gov.  commander and chief of the military in alaska.  and oh ya, shatloads of oil.  but, 43 days as a senator mean more than that i guess.
My point exactly, and with the Wasilla thing, 9000 people? What is a community organizer? Responsible for taking a few kids to the zoo every month?
No, a community organizer, at least in the group that Obama worked with, are people who worked to force banks into granting loans to people who would not be able to pay them back, causing those banks to sell those defaulted loans to clearing house businesses who would later go bankrupt and threaten to topple the American economy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard