FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6419|'Murka

Ridir wrote:

quick question:
has anyone thought of the price of the gas & electric bill with the Chevy Volt?

You're gas at the pump might be less and the pollution from the car might be less but unless there is an alternative fuel for power plants (European style Nuclear plants) I don't see the volt actually making any difference. I think a massive redistribution of fuel types in the US is going to be the key to this whole dilemma unfortunately.
Pretty sure that's where they came up with the cost of "fueling" the Volt...based on a national per-kilowatt-hour average.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Rosse_modest
+76|6784|Antwerp, Flanders

m3thod wrote:

FEOS wrote:

m3thod wrote:

93 RON is premium?
Looks like we use slightly different standards on this side of the pond...
i'm too lazy to read.  so i'll believe you just this once.

100 RON is the highest i've seen here in the UK, Shell V Power...although i've read that Shell V Power over in Germany is 105 RON.

tbh i can't tell the difference when i put 100 RON or 95 RON in my car.
You didn't feel the difference in your wallet's weight?

Highest I know of here is 98 RON, 95's pretty much the standard. There's probably a couple of stations out there with higher grade gasoline but I have yet to find them.

You're more likely to find a gas station that offers diesel only.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

Ridir wrote:

quick question:
has anyone thought of the price of the gas & electric bill with the Chevy Volt?

You're gas at the pump might be less and the pollution from the car might be less but unless there is an alternative fuel for power plants (European style Nuclear plants) I don't see the volt actually making any difference. I think a massive redistribution of fuel types in the US is going to be the key to this whole dilemma unfortunately.
That's what I was saying earlier. After some basic maths though, it looks very cheap.

I believe it has a 16KWh battery. Lets say 90% efficiency within the system, which probably isn't that far out. So about 17.5 units of power for you 40 miles. Over here it's something like 4p a unit. So that's about 70p for the 40 miles.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard