Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA

SealXo wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Palin has no experience, oh but Alaska is right next to Russia so she must know everything about world politics by default. lol
and obama does?
So we should change the Obama debate too?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Nah, cause she's debating Biden.

We're fine with that.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SealXo
+309|6537

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Nah, cause she's debating Biden.

We're fine with that.
thanks for answering my question. like how in the other thread i proved you wrong on the tax situation, and you just ignored it.

gj.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

SealXo wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Palin has no experience, oh but Alaska is right next to Russia so she must know everything about world politics by default. lol
and obama does?
Certainly more than Palin.

"I CAN SEE RUSSIA FROM MY HOUSE!"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

If your going to compare Obama to Palin on experience, fine.

Just have a look at their higher education credentials and work your way from there...

Don't like what you see? Then compare Palin's credentials to Bidens and, oh... Gee. Well, maybe you don't need anything more than Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism to make it to the White House.

ot: I don't know which thread your talking about involving the tax situation. But hey, America's debt isn't something I have to worry about.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Just have a look at their higher education credentials and work your way from there...

Don't like what you see? Then compare Palin's credentials to Bidens and, oh... Gee. Well, maybe you don't need anything more than Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism to make it to the White House.

ot: I don't know which thread your talking about involving the tax situation. But hey, America's debt isn't something I have to worry about.
Debt is good.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SealXo
+309|6537

TheAussieReaper wrote:

if you read the thread without arguing with me without facts youd realize that capital tax cuts would lower the debt.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

So your turning this thread into a thread about tax? lol

Now who's dodging the debate?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

Kmarion wrote:

Sounds like double standards all aorund.

Kmarion wrote:

Double standards?
In the days leading up to Charles Gibson’s interview with Sarah Palin, many demanded that he ask her tough questions on foreign policy and reform.  Certainly that is what journalists should do with all of our elected officials and political candidates, but it seems that Gibson doesn’t always meet this standard.  Two bloggers have already provided evidence that Gibson treated Democrats much differently

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=5000184
Obama interview

How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
How does it feel to “win”?
How does your family feel about your “winning” breaking a glass ceiling?
Who will be your VP?
Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
Will you accept public finance?
What issues is your campaign about?
Will you visit Iraq?
Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
What did you think of your competitor’s [Clinton] speech?

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...with-abc-news/
Palin interview:
Do you have enough qualifications for the job you’re seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
Aren’t you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
Questions about foreign policy
-territorial integrity of Georgia
-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
-NATO treaty
-Iranian nuclear threat
-what to do if Israel attacks Iran
-Al Qaeda motivations
-the Bush Doctrine
-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

We would have no problem with tough questioning to hold Republican candidates accountable if the media would perform the same task with Democrats.  Yet no major media outlet has reported on Barack Obama’s long association with and defense of William Ayers, an unrepentant domestic terrorist, nor have they pressed him on his lack of executive experience or the absence of any significant political accomplishments except his own elections.  We await that interview with great anticipation and no hope whatsoever of it ever occurring.
http://i36.tinypic.com/2ptbfbk.jpg
So basically

Obama: "how does it feel to be so successful?"
Palin: "how does it feel to be such a bitch?"

Fair and balanced
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Kmarion wrote:

Sounds like double standards all aorund.

Kmarion wrote:

Double standards?
In the days leading up to Charles Gibson’s interview with Sarah Palin, many demanded that he ask her tough questions on foreign policy and reform.  Certainly that is what journalists should do with all of our elected officials and political candidates, but it seems that Gibson doesn’t always meet this standard.  Two bloggers have already provided evidence that Gibson treated Democrats much differently

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=5000184
Obama interview

How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
How does it feel to “win”?
How does your family feel about your “winning” breaking a glass ceiling?
Who will be your VP?
Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
Will you accept public finance?
What issues is your campaign about?
Will you visit Iraq?
Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
What did you think of your competitor’s [Clinton] speech?

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...with-abc-news/
Palin interview:
Do you have enough qualifications for the job you’re seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
Aren’t you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
Questions about foreign policy
-territorial integrity of Georgia
-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
-NATO treaty
-Iranian nuclear threat
-what to do if Israel attacks Iran
-Al Qaeda motivations
-the Bush Doctrine
-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

We would have no problem with tough questioning to hold Republican candidates accountable if the media would perform the same task with Democrats.  Yet no major media outlet has reported on Barack Obama’s long association with and defense of William Ayers, an unrepentant domestic terrorist, nor have they pressed him on his lack of executive experience or the absence of any significant political accomplishments except his own elections.  We await that interview with great anticipation and no hope whatsoever of it ever occurring.
http://i36.tinypic.com/2ptbfbk.jpg
awesome post kerry.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6344|tropical regions of london
do you really like sarah palin?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

God Save the Queen wrote:

do you really like sarah palin?
yes.  like i said, i would prefer a obama/palin ticket.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6344|tropical regions of london
but she's garbage.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

God Save the Queen wrote:

but she's garbage.
i like her over 30yr biden.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
He asked Palin those questions because no one had fucking heard of her a month before that interview.  No one knew what she stood for, what her views were, etc.  We only knew she was picked as McCains VP candidate.  So Gibson found out.  Its not biased at all.  We'd have heard what Obama has to say about practically everything at the point he was giving the interview, unless of course you live in a rock.

Also, Palin didnt exactly win much, did she?  She was nominated for VP.  Obama barely defeated the Clinton dynasty after a 5 month long bloody stalemate.  Big difference there. 

Context is important.... sure it looks like bias when you directly compare the two interviews, but put it in context....

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-09-22 13:22:22)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

Spearhead wrote:

He asked Palin those questions because no one had fucking heard of her a month before that interview.  No one knew what she stood for, what her views were, etc.  We only knew she was picked as McCains VP candidate.  So Gibson found out.  Its not biased at all.  We'd have heard what Obama has to say about practically everything at the point he was giving the interview, unless of course you live in a rock.

Also, Palin didnt exactly win much, did she?  She was nominated for VP.  Obama barely defeated the Clinton dynasty after a 5 month long bloody stalemate.  Big difference there. 

Context is important.... sure it looks like bias when you directly compare the two interviews, but put it in context....
Overall treatment doesn't matter?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France

Spearhead wrote:

Did you see both the interviews?

I have doubts.  Even the raving democrats I know laugh about what a one-sided turkey shoot it was.

If anyone is such as these biased democrats I know admit the Palin interview was a little skewed, I makes me wonder why you don't see even a shred of this...

My thoughts on the Palininterview?  Good.  Let's see what happens.

Why are you voting for Obama again?
SealXo
+309|6537

TheAussieReaper wrote:

So your turning this thread into a thread about tax? lol

Now who's dodging the debate?
no, just reminding you, that as well as this thread, you did it on that one too.

good day.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

Pug wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Did you see both the interviews?

I have doubts.  Even the raving democrats I know laugh about what a one-sided turkey shoot it was.

If anyone is such as these biased democrats I know admit the Palin interview was a little skewed, I makes me wonder why you don't see even a shred of this...

My thoughts on the Palininterview?  Good.  Let's see what happens.

Why are you voting for Obama again?
1. I don't give a shit about ABC, or any other network.  I'm only pointing out the fact that the medias job was to find out who the hell Sarah Palin was, because no one knew.  By the time Obama beat Clinton, everyone knew him and was use to him by the time.  The two interviews took place during different times in both campaigns. 

2. I do not give a shit about what the media does and does not do.  Pointing out bias in "the media" is pointless, what am I supposed to say, "oh ya the medias liberal bias what a sham those damn pussy liberals are attacking free thought.  oh ya and fuck you if you disagree with me or the war".  It's a non issue.  And no I didnt watch either of them... because frankly I don't care.  The fact that Charlie Gibson doesn't know how to interview properly or fairly won't change my opinion on anything.  If you remember correctly, the final debate between Clinton and Obama was a total clusterfuck, she was talking 3/4ths of the time, and almost all of the topics were about Obama's "scandals" and rumors.  Guess who was moderating?  Charlie Gibson. 

3. I'm voting for Obama to stop McCain from going to the White House.  Because the GOP is owned by fucktards and extremists.
Pug
Fair enough.

I'd go watch the Palin interview though before you make such a judgement, however. 

I also currently dislike both candidates.  But I'm educating myself about the topics, about their platforms.  And what I see is they are close to each other in many areas, and the differences create pros and cons which is making it a very difficult choice.

My opinion is that McCain is not Bush, and I don't think Obama is the peace-loving dude most people think he is.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA
Let's just axe any debate between Palin and Biden. Have them stand there and smile and go on that.
Pug

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Let's just axe any debate between Palin and Biden. Have them stand there and smile and go on that.
One word:

Jellowrestling.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard