HSG
+23|6472|British Columbia, Canada
1.50 Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6147|San Antonio, Texas
Be interesting if it came with BF Heroes. It'd be a Battlefield winter!
Delusion
AK Hero
+26|5771|Greece / Rhodos

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

battlefield heroes sucks though...its a complete failure...
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6147|San Antonio, Texas

Delusion wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Well, either way, EA's going to worm one or the other, like the original 1.5 announcement, with the "enjoy Bad Company!".
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6196|Winland

Delusion wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Wtf is "Battlefield Heroes"? Are you talking about "Team Fortress 2 - The EA mod", perhaps?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

Delusion wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Its not bad imo. A game for nubs but still fun. Planes are the most fun for me. TF2 is better though.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

China. Urban. Map. Any word yet? They MUST know that we want one. Right?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Delusion
AK Hero
+26|5771|Greece / Rhodos

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Delusion wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Wtf is "Battlefield Heroes"? Are you talking about "Team Fortress 2 - The EA mod", perhaps?
yeah that kiddy game
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Im_Dooomed wrote:

China. Urban. Map. Any word yet? They MUST know that we want one. Right?
I think its mentioned somewhere, Shanghai Showdown seems to be the name being thrown around.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6140
Christ, we get a patch announcement out of the blue three years after release, and certain groups of people still want to moan like fuck about it. 

Also, regarding cheating: It's perfectly possible that a patch could eliminate certain types of cheats at a stroke via re-organising or robustly patching components.  E.g. if it is properly done, it should not be possible to use the commander hack to spam vehicles.  Similarly, they may be able to stop PID spoofing.  Things like aimbots, wallhacks, no recoil etc. are a lot harder to patch and 'prevent', but it is certainly possible to stop some cheats and exploits by fixing badly designed game code.

Last edited by Arnie_Ze_Austrian (2008-09-19 14:11:42)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Christ, we get a patch announcement out of the blue three years after release, and certain groups of people still want to moan like fuck about it. 

Also, regarding cheating: It's perfectly possible that a patch could eliminate certain types of cheats at a stroke via re-organising or robustly patching components.  E.g. if it is properly done, it should not be possible to use the commander hack to spam vehicles.  Similarly, they may be able to stop PID spoofing.  Things like aimbots, wallhacks, no recoil etc. are a lot harder to patch and 'prevent', but it is certainly possible to stop some cheats and exploits by fixing badly designed game code.
Well no-recoil could be easy to fix, just have the recoil calculated server-side. However that would result in worse reg, and no-recoil hacks are very complex, meaning they are easy for PB to detect. And if you don't play IO you'll find few people using no-recoil hacks so that's another thing.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6808|Marathon, Florida Keys
How many times before have we sat on this site eagerly awaiting the new patches with high expectations just like now and been disappointed when it comes out?

You people never learn do you.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6433

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

How many times before have we sat on this site eagerly awaiting the new patches with high expectations just like now and been disappointed when it comes out?

You people never learn do you.
We've lost the will to be cynical. 3 years of shitty support will do that to a guy.
BL4CKL10N
+66|6281
Seriously, I really appreciate this update for BF2, but I'm still mainly looking forward to BF3 as I'm no longer interested into a game in which several gamers have been banned just because some freaks decided to create a hack-server. I remain unconvinced that the hitbox registration cannot be fixed with a patch, it will need something like a complete modification of the core of the game itself, and this isn't possible anymore in my opinions, but correct me if I'm wrong.

EA, please, just bring out a bugless Battlefield 3 and I will love you forever !
dnfw_megatron
+1|6718|Pacific NorthWest, USA
Confidence is low. I'll wait for 1.51
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
FYI, winter technically starts on 21st or 22nd of December on the northern hemisphere and on the 21st on the southern hemisphere.

So if EA go with those dates, I suppose the expression "by winter" would be synonymous with "before Christmas Eve".
Nakamp
+25|6193|Czech Republic
If they fix hitreg and make servers run at 100 FPS instead of 36, so the game will be much smoother (and that's probably way to fix the reg also), I would be so happy with this patch!
Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine

Nakamp wrote:

If they fix hitreg and make servers run at 100 FPS instead of 36, so the game will be much smoother (and that's probably way to fix the reg also), I would be so happy with this patch!
I guess you wont be happy with this patch.
Nakamp
+25|6193|Czech Republic

Longbow wrote:

Nakamp wrote:

Too bad I know it
HaawwK
+31|5984|Bolton

Nakamp wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Nakamp wrote:

Too bad I know it
the secret to reg is to have 36 fps then
Nakamp
+25|6193|Czech Republic

HaawwK wrote:

Nakamp wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Too bad I know it
Tried it at pub and I had really great reg, but it wasn't really good, because it's annoying with only that much fps.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

Nakamp wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

Nakamp wrote:

Too bad I know it
Tried it at pub and I had really great reg, but it wasn't really good, because it's annoying with only that much fps.
What's wrong with 36 FPS?
Nakamp
+25|6193|Czech Republic

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Nakamp wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

What's wrong with 36 FPS?
That you can see how bad it is whe you make 180° turns, that it makes the game look even more laggy and that my head hurts when playing with it....
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de
I never understood, why all those BF2 Haters are still around here.. I´m quite optimistic, that 1.5 will fix some of those exploits (PID Spoofing, Server crashing..) and will come with an additional map. So what´s the point in all this complaining? We will have a fix after we already lost hope to get one, but still - after nearly being three years in this forum - there are still only moaning idiots after every single patch. how about talking about the positive things? we still play the game, we still hang around on a battlefield2-stats forum... and to all those hitreg whiners: get a better connection or search for a better excuse for sucking at the game. this game is designed to give decent hitreg to 64 players at the same time. try that with css or cod4 and still tell me, how bad the hitreg is....
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

Icleos wrote:

How professional does the company look when they're afraid to make deadlines just because they're unable to make them on time.
Ok, instead, they can set a deadline and then either:

1) Miss it, and pump us with an excuse
2) Hit that deadline and release a half-finished bodge job. Remember 1.3?

In my line of work, engineers/architects/clients all make deadlines and then very very rarely hit them: and then those companies lose shitloads of money for missing said deadline.

DICE giving themselves a deadline confines and condenses the work that they can do, and just puts an unneeded pressure on the programmers. I seem to remember the "1.5 patch wishlists" where people wanted DICE to take their time to get it right. And now we want is ASAP? Wasnt it whining that got BF2 released early and into the shit state that it developed into?

Just fucking let them do their work and lets hope that this patch does (most) of what we want it to do.

If it doesnt, then start fucking flaming, and Ill be on that bandwagon too in that case.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard