Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

https://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough/images/bg2-1.jpg    https://www.gamershell.com/static/boxart/large/uk/2464.jpg

I have just started playing this game again from start and are looking at way to many hours pr week, i usually play it every other year or so, i truly love this game

A very nice walkthrough & strategy guide from gamebanshee

Anyone else played this game with a passion ?

My party pr date consists of ...
*Manu Lothlorrr (my own character - Half Elf - Neutral Good - Sorcerer)
*Minsc
*Jaheira
*Yoshimo
*Cernd (to be replaced by Korgan or Anomen shortly)
*Nalia
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6782|Perth, Western Australia
Baal?

OH SHI-

https://www.freewebs.com/stargateworldsbyond/Baal_looking_at_Osiris.jpg
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6435|King Of The Islands

I haven't played BG2. I was going to, I even had it installed because I wanted to use Badu (run BG1 story in BG2 engine), but I got bored of BG1 and got rid of the lot.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

I like to think this topic was cause of me.

Im going through watchers keep and finishing up some loose ends before i go fight irenicus in hell

also, this is my all time favourite game of all time.

Last edited by XxRavenxX (2008-09-15 02:41:37)

Varegg
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

Who is your party members Raven ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6713|Riva, MD
I played Shadows of Amn up until the elven city twice and then stopped playing it suddenly due to loss of interest, or the fact that you can't go back when you go to hell to fight Irenicus.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6152|Vancouver | Canada
I used to play..but I might start again.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6436|Brisbane, Australia

Fantastic games.

I <3 them.

I remember making a party of uber guys by playing an "online" game, but filling all the party slots with my own characters

Throne of Baal was sweet also.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Thoruz
+42|6322|Germany
i was playing it about a week ago as well
took my cleric (which i played through baldur's gate + tales ofthe swordcoast in dec 2007)
this game is one of the best games ever made

current party is

my own cleric (female human (21 wisdom from bg1! will be 23 wis i think when i am finished with shadows of amn))
valygar
minsc
jaheira
aerie
imoen

Last edited by Thoruz (2008-09-15 21:14:18)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

Varegg wrote:

Dane (my cavalier(paladin))
Minsc
Sir Anomen
Jaheria
Arie
Imoen

im considering dumping jaheria soon, not enough good spells and not a great fighter
Varegg
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

Ooooh ... Cavalier is not the best paladin you know, Inquisitor is better

Have played some hours now (about 6 days ingame) and have finished the main quests in Trademeet, Druid Grove and di'Arnise Keep, am now proceding to do some quests in Waukeens Promenade, Bridge District, Graveyard and Umar Hills ...

I'm truly bitten again
Cheez

Noober wrote:

Hey ya.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

Varegg wrote:

Ooooh ... Cavalier is not the best paladin you know, Inquisitor is better

Have played some hours now (about 6 days ingame) and have finished the main quests in Trademeet, Druid Grove and di'Arnise Keep, am now proceding to do some quests in Waukeens Promenade, Bridge District, Graveyard and Umar Hills ...

I'm truly bitten again
ahh but Inquisitor cant cast spells

Cheez wrote:

Noober wrote:

Hey ya.
if ya talk to him enough he goes away
Cheez

XxRavenxX wrote:

Cheez wrote:

Noober wrote:

Hey ya.
if ya let him talk to you enough you get XP
fixd.

Noober wrote:

Hey ya.

Last edited by Cheez (2008-09-16 00:34:53)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

Cheez wrote:

XxRavenxX wrote:

Cheez wrote:

if ya let him talk to you enough you get XP AND +3 BULLETS
fixd.

Noober wrote:

Hey ya.
Thoruz
+42|6322|Germany

XxRavenxX wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Dane (my cavalier(paladin))
Minsc
Sir Anomen
Jaheria
Arie
Imoen

im considering dumping jaheria soon, not enough good spells and not a great fighter
actually she's a tank give her some good armor a good sword and a shield and there you go
in my party she usually is front line along with valygar and my cleric

after that it's minsc + imoen (imoen has gesens bow now and minsc some bow +3 or +4 with 20% magic resistance)

and last aerie spellcasting
and there are almost no problems unless i go against a demi lich or something similar high leveled
so i think you should definitely keep jaheira
Varegg
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

I have always used Jaheira and Minsc as two of my safe cards together with Imoen when i get her back, i use Jaheira and Minsc as tanks and they do nearly all the killing with improved haste before the others can react (also helps to have some Frost Giant potion, gives them 21 in strength) ... Jaheira with a Club (+2 Gnasher) and Shield, Minsc with a kickass Mace and the Flail of Ages (the one you forge in di'Arnise Keep)

After finishing Cernds quest i have taken Korgan into the party and are now approaching my first dragon in the Umar Hills quest
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

Varegg wrote:

I have always used Jaheira and Minsc as two of my safe cards together with Imoen when i get her back, i use Jaheira and Minsc as tanks and they do nearly all the killing with improved haste before the others can react (also helps to have some Frost Giant potion, gives them 21 in strength) ... Jaheira with a Club (+2 Gnasher) and Shield, Minsc with a kickass Mace and the Flail of Ages (the one you forge in di'Arnise Keep)

After finishing Cernds quest i have taken Korgan into the party and are now approaching my first dragon in the Umar Hills quest
my main character is my tank, boots of speed+ that two handed paladin sword(the +5 one)=pure carnage. I just find that jaheria cant keep up with anomen or arie in spellcasting and she cant keep up with my character and minsc in combat

I still havent been able to kill that shadow dragon, owns me every time

Last edited by XxRavenxX (2008-09-17 02:03:49)

Varegg
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

XxRavenxX wrote:

Varegg wrote:

my main character is my tank, boots of speed+ that two handed paladin sword(the +5 one)=pure carnage. I just find that jaheria cant keep up with anomen or arie in spellcasting and she cant keep up with my character and minsc in combat

Gamebanshee wrote:

Temple Ruins dragon: chicken run

For the Shadow Dragon, he's much tougher. Keep him friendly and spread out your party so that they are standing at opposite ends of the room: one against the south wall, one at the east wall, and another at the west wall (take advantage of the space), but never in front of the dragon. Turn off their AI as well, in case they do something stupid like a suicidal rush forward.

First, you'll need to cast Lower Resistance on the dragon, memorize as many magic missiles as you can (use at least two mages for magic missile spells), then cast Aid, Luck and Haste (or have him drink Oil of Speed) on your tank (in my case, it was my PC).

Next, have a mage fire Cloudkills (Holy Smite does NOT deal enough damage) or cast Cloudkill spells directly into the centre of his blue circle like for Firkraag (Feeblemind does not work on the Shadow Dragon, though). Very soon, the dragon will start attacking you after he is "Barely Injured".

However, with your party all spread far and wide, he'll aim for your PC only (this is a proven fact). By now, you'll have a nice Cloudkill area in the center of the room. When the dragon attacks, have your PC or tank dodge and run straight into the Cloudkill fog. Damage on your PC would be nil if you avoid the orange puffs. When the dragon follows you into the poison, give him a little run around in the poison with your tank while dodging the dragon attacks (you might get hit while you're giving commands).

Now with your tank keeping the dragon in the Cloudkill, have your two mages fire magic missiles on the beast (this requires a lot of pausing to give commands).

Within 15 minutes (game time), (voila!) the cumulative damage of Cloudkill and magic missiles will drop the dragon. Victory to the chicken runner and the mages!

NOTE: if you do not get the dragon hostile, he would fully heal himself when he's "Badly Injured".
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

Varegg wrote:

XxRavenxX wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Gamebanshee wrote:

Temple Ruins dragon: chicken run

For the Shadow Dragon, he's much tougher. Keep him friendly and spread out your party so that they are standing at opposite ends of the room: one against the south wall, one at the east wall, and another at the west wall (take advantage of the space), but never in front of the dragon. Turn off their AI as well, in case they do something stupid like a suicidal rush forward.

First, you'll need to cast Lower Resistance on the dragon, memorize as many magic missiles as you can (use at least two mages for magic missile spells), then cast Aid, Luck and Haste (or have him drink Oil of Speed) on your tank (in my case, it was my PC).

Next, have a mage fire Cloudkills (Holy Smite does NOT deal enough damage) or cast Cloudkill spells directly into the centre of his blue circle like for Firkraag (Feeblemind does not work on the Shadow Dragon, though). Very soon, the dragon will start attacking you after he is "Barely Injured".

However, with your party all spread far and wide, he'll aim for your PC only (this is a proven fact). By now, you'll have a nice Cloudkill area in the center of the room. When the dragon attacks, have your PC or tank dodge and run straight into the Cloudkill fog. Damage on your PC would be nil if you avoid the orange puffs. When the dragon follows you into the poison, give him a little run around in the poison with your tank while dodging the dragon attacks (you might get hit while you're giving commands).

Now with your tank keeping the dragon in the Cloudkill, have your two mages fire magic missiles on the beast (this requires a lot of pausing to give commands).

Within 15 minutes (game time), (voila!) the cumulative damage of Cloudkill and magic missiles will drop the dragon. Victory to the chicken runner and the mages!

NOTE: if you do not get the dragon hostile, he would fully heal himself when he's "Badly Injured".
why thank you good sir

you killed fikraag yet? i just ran my whole party straight at him and took him down in like 3 seconds
Varegg
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

Shadow dragon is my first this time around ... will do battle will him tonight and then go and have a relaxing fight with Firkraag, i have the Rod of resurrection so i hope no more than 1 of my party dies
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

as soon as my exams finish ima put some major hours into this game

and does it seem like this conversation is only between me and you varegg? 
Thoruz
+42|6322|Germany
most people say the shadow dragon is the easiest
for me firkraag and the shadow dragon were easy cause i used a dirty trick (flesh to stone from the wand in the sewers in this illithid outpost (it was hard getting that thing but worth it)) i even killed them in chapter 2
kangaxx in chapter 2 no problem as well with protection from magic and melfs ... (don't know the english name for that spell think it's a third or fourth level spell)

the only problem i encountered back then was shandalar (or however that guy is called in the bridge district) didn't manage to kill him
Varegg
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

Shadow Dragon turned red as soon as i talked to him so i rushed with all i had  .... Minsc, Korgan, Valygar (replacement for Nalia), Yoshimo and Jaheira slashed at him while i cast Magic Missiles after his sorry dragon ass with my Sorcerer ... he turned toast and no members died
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

Varegg wrote:

Shadow Dragon turned red as soon as i talked to him so i rushed with all i had  .... Minsc, Korgan, Valygar (replacement for Nalia), Yoshimo and Jaheira slashed at him while i cast Magic Missiles after his sorry dragon ass with my Sorcerer ... he turned toast and no members died
nicley done, ill have another crack at it when im out of watchers keep

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard