Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

Whiplash wrote:

Can nobody help me? I've tried everything. I'm still getting it for the same reason.

EDIT: I don't have the "Automatically restart" option checked, but it still restarts anyways. So I can't see the BSOD when it happens. I don't know what to do. I'm not reinstalling windows though.
Tried everything?

What have you tried?

Since you've given us absolutely no information about the fault, other than that you get a BSOD, we can only guess at what it is and how to solve it. It's either caused by hardware or software - if it's software related a reinstall will be by far the simplest way to fix it. If it's a directly hardware related (not driver level) than you've got a few possible likely causes:

1. Overheating (as virtually everyone has already said, yet you haven't posted any temps yet, which seems most unwise). Cleaning dust out of the machine is very unlikely to have any serious impact.

2. BIOS settings. If you've changed anything in your BIOS recently change it back - or better still reset it all to defaults and work from there.

3. Memory. Get a memory checking tool or some description and run long and in depth RAM checks.

4. Power. If you've added extra components or your PSU is of poor quality and may have degraded, then you might be having issues with either a lack of power or out of range power - your BIOS may have tools for having a basic check of the various voltage rails.

5. Faulty CPU/Motherboard/GPU. In this case you're fucked and need to buy some new hardware.
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5780|Central Texas

Bertster7 wrote:

Whiplash wrote:

Can nobody help me? I've tried everything. I'm still getting it for the same reason.

EDIT: I don't have the "Automatically restart" option checked, but it still restarts anyways. So I can't see the BSOD when it happens. I don't know what to do. I'm not reinstalling windows though.
Tried everything?

What have you tried?

Since you've given us absolutely no information about the fault, other than that you get a BSOD, we can only guess at what it is and how to solve it. It's either caused by hardware or software - if it's software related a reinstall will be by far the simplest way to fix it. If it's a directly hardware related (not driver level) than you've got a few possible likely causes:

1. Overheating (as virtually everyone has already said, yet you haven't posted any temps yet, which seems most unwise). Cleaning dust out of the machine is very unlikely to have any serious impact.

2. BIOS settings. If you've changed anything in your BIOS recently change it back - or better still reset it all to defaults and work from there.

3. Memory. Get a memory checking tool or some description and run long and in depth RAM checks.

4. Power. If you've added extra components or your PSU is of poor quality and may have degraded, then you might be having issues with either a lack of power or out of range power - your BIOS may have tools for having a basic check of the various voltage rails.

5. Faulty CPU/Motherboard/GPU. In this case you're fucked and need to buy some new hardware.
I haven't installed or touched anything in my computer.

Stealth42o wrote:

Whiplash wrote:

Well, maybe I need to clean out my computer. It's probably dusty and could be causing some overheating. I'll clean it tomorrow and see if it helps me at all.
If you have not installed yet

http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/
Will tell you what your cpu temps are, and keep a log of how high it gets.  Free to use and invaluable.  Install it and see how high it goes.  Now getting reading on your NB, you will need a program like everest (Or a lot of mobo's come with software).

GPU temp monitoring with rivatune , ntune, ati tool, depends on your GPU (I forgot what it is).

Definitely clean the dust out, monitor your temps so you can eliminate that as the problem.
It says that my processor isn't supported.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5999|The Mitten
what kind of processor is it?
EE (hats
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5780|Central Texas

Morpheus wrote:

what kind of processor is it?
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz
Morpheus