chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

Time in theater is now calculated for each player. It's right under the maps.

Also, the deployment stats for grapple, zip, and flash are now listed beneath the equipment section. You'll have to wait for your stats to update to show the numbers.

That is all for now.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6745|The United Center
nice!  no more waiting for ryan and his bot on the bf2s channel anymore...

good work chewbacca.
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6739
Im sure its been answered before, but what exactly is Time In Theater?
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6673|Planet Seibertron ;)
Basically the faction/side you've spent being on.  If you're in MEC for a total of 20 hours, it'll show up as 20 hours.  Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6739
I was just thinking about it, and it looks like the amount of time youve spent playing on a map with that country on it. Cause I have 166 total hours, and 166 hours in theater for USMC
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

AmBiTiOnZ23 wrote:

I was just thinking about it, and it looks like the amount of time youve spent playing on a map with that country on it. Cause I have 166 total hours, and 166 hours in theater for USMC
+1
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6707|Gütersloh, Germany
Thanks chuy, great work
Daxmann
+0|6708|Denmark
Great work chuy
midgetspy
+3|6826
Does "Flash" include Tear Gas Grenades?

Nic
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6694|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
nice work, keep it up chief
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6739

WTF is going, on it says ive got 300 hours as US, but ive only got about 100, whats going on?
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6688|The Netherlands
It sure is a usefull table chuy, but, if you look at my stats, you can see there are several things wrong, especially with the USMC.

It sais 323 wins, but in total I have 330 wins, that leaves 7 wins for the other counrty's, which is ofcourse not true (I only have 143 wins with USMC if you look at the Navy Cross). Also, it sais my best round with MEC is 120, but this is just 98...

Hope this is some usefull criticism.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT:

I'd say, that the numbers are made of, well, let's take the USMC. I have around 134 hours it sais, but that's not right. But, if you look at the maps, I think that all BF2 maps are counted on this one. I have played 134 hours on a map in which the USMC plays. So this does not tell I was playing USMC that time, I could also have been in the opposing team.

If you look at the best round, 120, I made that as USMC in Sharqi. The opposing team was the MEC, so there stands 120 for best round as well, though I didn't make that points in that team.

Can you understand this?

If you ask me, it's somewhat confusing information.

Oh, and one more question about the information of flashbangs, grappling hooks and zip lines, can you also make a bar for the badges of those things? For example, a badge for the veteran flashbang badge so you can see how much you need to get it?

Last edited by =TH=[Eleanor]-NL- (2006-01-19 03:10:50)

Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6707|Gütersloh, Germany
OMG, is it really that hard to understand?

Theater:
USMC - EVERY map from BF2 vanilla (because the USMC have a side on every map)
MEC - every map from BF2 vanilla where MEC has a side on (Kubra, Mashpotatoe, Clean Sweep, Zatar, Karkand, Sharqi, Oman)
PLA - every map from BF2 vanilla where PLA has a side on (Daqing, Dalian, Dragon, FuShe, Stalemate, Wake)

Eleanor, you have 323 wins in the USMC theater, because you have 323 wins in BF2 vanilla.
Your overall wins are 330. The missing 7 are from SF.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
Yes, I found that out, I hoped I made that clear in my post, presumably i didn't...

But still, it is confusing information if you ask me, I don't really know what to do with it, it's not of much use...

BTW, call me a n00b if you want, but why is BF2 called BF2 vanilla? Is vanilla a word of "original" or something? I see it has been used often, and I know the normal BF2 is meant with it, but why call it vanilla?
TC><Injecter
+4|6826|Berlin, Germany
Why dont you add the Theater and Deployment counts to UBAR and this progress bar in the profiles?! But cool thing so far.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6786|England
I think you should bring the vehicle stats up underneath the Weapon and equipment stats and where that was perhaps put the misc stats or something. I just think it would be better to group related information.

Also don’t you think the Achievement stats would be better if rounded up a bit? And stars per round is a bit weird as you can only get one a round maximum anyway...

And finally, shouldn’t the Defibrillator be under equipment?
US_JackHammer
+1|6725

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

But still, it is confusing information if you ask me, I don't really know what to do with it, it's not of much use...
?
It is of much use because A lot of the awards are looking at time in theatre. Looks great Chuy

Same question as sombody else, will you be putting Progress bars onto the flashbangs graps, etc.
I'm thinking that that is work in progress, but might as well just post as a reminder incase by some freak amazement you forgot
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

US_JackHammer wrote:

Same question as sombody else, will you be putting Progress bars onto the flashbangs graps, etc.
I'm thinking that that is work in progress, but might as well just post as a reminder incase by some freak amazement you forgot
No, I am will be doing it, I just forgot to add the stat to the award req's definition file.
J_Pittenger
+0|6671
What does the B.R. mean in the time in theater?
midgetspy
+3|6826
Same thing it means everywhere else: Best Round :0)

Nic
DirtyAlex
+0|6757

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

Yes, I found that out, I hoped I made that clear in my post, presumably i didn't...

BTW, call me a n00b if you want, but why is BF2 called BF2 vanilla? Is vanilla a word of "original" or something? I see it has been used often, and I know the normal BF2 is meant with it, but why call it vanilla?
To my knowledge, "Vanilla" is just techie slang for a product which it the basic model/version.  I guess its derivation comes from the idea that vanilla is the most basic and widely available ice cream.

Hope this is helpful (and correct).

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!

DirtyAlex wrote:

I guess its derivation comes from the idea that vanilla is the most basic and widely available ice cream.
lol

US_JackHammer

you said

"It is of much use because A lot of the awards are looking at time in theatre."

Can you name some? I can only think of the MEC and PLA ribbons, but since nerely everyone has got these it still doesn't sound very usefull to me.
DeZwarteMaan
+10|6671|Texas

DirtyAlex wrote:

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

To my knowledge, "Vanilla" is just techie slang for a product which it the basic model/version.  I guess its derivation comes from the idea that vanilla is the most basic and widely available ice cream.

Hope this is helpful (and correct).

Actually you are right on the money. For some of the older folks out there familiar with marketing and business.

The first and most famous form of icecream was Vanilla. It was the most basic and easiest to find. It lacked special features or qualties, yet it was the best at absorbing peoples attention. Iced milk just wasnt good... add vanilla and people beamed with glee. Of course, Vanilla is a form of aphrodisiac. laff

Later in the days of marketing you had Pure Vanilla or Plain Vanilla. Which was not "French Vanilla".. a tweaked version of the plain jane <Another term used for "generic">

Marketing departments and/or business who were used to marketing plain vanilla ended up thru some marvel of human mental expression.. by terming the 'generic' product with no added features or added qualities to be the "Plain Vanilla".

Ergo..
BF2 = Plain vanilla
SF = French Vanilla
New addons coming = Neopolitan   SNICKER

Went to find a google on the history I mentioned but only found a blurb on wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla

It's totally an American term that has been propogated thru cultures like all the other BAD habits that we have.

Last edited by DeZwarteMaan (2006-01-19 12:48:25)

midgetspy
+3|6826
Fatbubba
+0|6685

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

"It is of much use because A lot of the awards are looking at time in theatre."

Can you name some? I can only think of the MEC and PLA ribbons, but since nerely everyone has got these it still doesn't sound very usefull to me.
All the Army ribbons for SF (50 hours in theater). A lot of people, including me, are trying to get them or atleast like to know how much more they need before they get the ribbons. At this point there are a lot of people who don't have those ribbons yet, so to them this will be very helpfull (now I don't have to calculate all my map hours every time I want to know how far up I am in a certain theater )

I hope that helps

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard