MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6236|Schofield Barracks
Some idiot asked our Sargent if he ever killed anyone. Why the hell would you ask someone that? He replied. "it took me a good 4 to 5 years to be able to sleep for more than an hour, if that answers your question." Our Sargent really didn't talk that much after that.
Roc18
`
+655|5833|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
What are you talking about?
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Roc18 wrote:

in my jrotc class someone asked our sargent if he ever killed anyone.
Roc18
`

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Oh, well that kid probably expected him to be one of those guys that brags about how many people he killed in the army. Still a stupid question though.

Last edited by Roc18 (2008-09-09 18:41:01)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6691

What the hell kind of topic is this? What are we supposed to talk about, how kids in the JROTC are idiots?

EDIT: Everything Else please.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2008-09-09 18:47:05)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6195|what

What's jrotc?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6691

Junior something Officers Training Corps.

EDIT: Something = Reserve according to Google.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2008-09-09 18:49:30)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6732|Tampa Bay Florida
Its a thing for high school students who want to join the military.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6195|what

Reserves probably. Thx.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Brasso
+1,549|6673

Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

ghettoperson wrote:

What the hell kind of topic is this? What are we supposed to talk about, how kids in the JROTC are idiots?

im just saying how stupid some people are.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6513

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

im just saying how stupid some people are.
Well then let us debate sentient stupidity!

Hmm...

*Awaits Usmarine*

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
firebolt5
+114|6197

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Some idiot asked our Sargent if he ever killed anyone.
Were you one that asked?
j/k
13rin
+977|6521

Roc18 wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Oh, well that kid probably expected him to be one of those guys that brags about how many people he killed in the army. Still a stupid question though.
I haven't met too many Sergeants or any Soldier for that matter (that have seen combat) brag about death and killing.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6529|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
I think all the Vets here have been asked one time or another. I know I have been.

That is about the quickest way to end a conversation with a military member.
Roc18
`

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

I haven't met too many Sergeants or any Soldier for that matter (that have seen combat) brag about death and killing.
I havent met any, im just saying thats what the kid probably thought.

Last edited by Roc18 (2008-09-09 22:24:24)

GorillaTicTacs
+231|6416|Kyiv, Ukraine
Ooooh, story time!

I remember all the way back to basic...we had 2 dumbfuck JROTC asses in my platoon that thought they were gods with their PFC rockers.  Nevermind the 4 actual "almost adults" that were college grads with SPC rank.

One of them I beat the shit out of when he woke me up for fire guard 30 minutes early thinking he was the drill sergeant by trashing my wall locker (which fortunately was locked).  My "battle buddy" was more than happy to help hold him down and slammed him in the shower the next day.

The other one thought he was being clever during turn-in and thought he could use his "superior rank" to make us clean his weapon.  The problem is he hadn't qualified yet.  I said "sure thing" after some bitching...shined his weapon up nice, and then gave his site adjustment a good hard crank about 15 clicks.  He was held up and didn't graduate basic for another 2 weeks and missed his AIT class window and ended up on garbage detail for almost a month.

2 Life Lessons:

1) If your ambition exceeds your competence, don't come near me, I will find a way to fuck you.

2) If you did JROTC and go to basic, don't be a prick, your rank just means a little extra cash.  And for chrissake don't try to "pull rank" with your PFC stripe, you just look like an idiot.  See lesson 1.

SgtHeihn wrote:

I think all the Vets here have been asked one time or another. I know I have been.

Just look at the guy and say real quiet "Not yet."  For some reason it always comes up at parties.  It is pretty annoying, even if you've never killed anyone.

Last edited by GorillaTicTacs (2008-09-10 00:12:15)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6758

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

Ooooh, story time!

I remember all the way back to basic...we had 2 dumbfuck JROTC asses in my platoon that thought they were gods with their PFC rockers.  Nevermind the 4 actual "almost adults" that were college grads with SPC rank.

One of them I beat the shit out of when he woke me up for fire guard 30 minutes early thinking he was the drill sergeant by trashing my wall locker (which fortunately was locked).  My "battle buddy" was more than happy to help hold him down and slammed him in the shower the next day.

The other one thought he was being clever during turn-in and thought he could use his "superior rank" to make us clean his weapon.  The problem is he hadn't qualified yet.  I said "sure thing" after some bitching...shined his weapon up nice, and then gave his site adjustment a good hard crank about 15 clicks.  He was held up and didn't graduate basic for another 2 weeks and missed his AIT class window and ended up on garbage detail for almost a month.

2 Life Lessons:

1) If your ambition exceeds your competence, don't come near me, I will find a way to fuck you.

2) If you did JROTC and go to basic, don't be a prick, your rank just means a little extra cash.  And for chrissake don't try to "pull rank" with your PFC stripe, you just look like an idiot.  See lesson 1.

SgtHeihn wrote:

Just look at the guy and say real quiet "Not yet."  For some reason it always comes up at parties.  It is pretty annoying, even if you've never killed anyone.
Just say you killed 89 people, using 89 different ways, and that it's killing you to use your 90th, but you cant find a person you can use it on yet.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6691

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

My "battle buddy" was more than happy to help hold him down and slammed him in the shower the next day.
I thought you left that sort of thing for the Navy?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6663|London, England
If that Sgt went in there, a freakin high school, not expecting to be asked stupid questions and shit like that, then he's in the wrong job.

GorrillaTicTacs wrote:

My "battle buddy" was more than happy to help hold him down and slammed him in the shower the next day.
I hope that doesn't mean what it looks like it means

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-09-10 04:24:50)

jord
+2,382|6720|The North, beyond the wall.
The best reply:

"Just one person, the last person to ask me that question.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6209

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Some idiot asked our Sargent if he ever killed anyone. Why the hell would you ask someone that? He replied. "it took me a good 4 to 5 years to be able to sleep for more than an hour, if that answers your question." Our Sargent really didn't talk that much after that.
You've got to be more specific, because in JROTC and ROTC everyone is an idiot.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6757|US
That is one of those odd questions...very personal and deeply psychological.  It is not a light question, that's for sure (even if some don't understand that).

I had a AF ROTC senior tell me (and a bunch of other academy cadets) that she "actually had to work" to get her pilot slot--implying that USAFA cadets have pilot slots handed to them...nevermind the 4 years of training and school...  We had to work with her for another two weeks, so we let her keep on believing in her total discipline and academic superiority.  She probably made the worst first impression of anyone I had to work under.  Note to self: never insult the people working for you before you get to know them!

On the other hand, I have met a few really good ROTC people.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6814|PNW

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Because sergeants aren't soldiers?

j/k

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

You've got to be more specific, because in JROTC and ROTC everyone is an idiot.
Doesn't explain why everyone in my four years of AFJROTC had better average grades than the rest of the school, nor why the classes were more technical.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-09-11 01:26:51)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6453|'Murka

RAIMIUS wrote:

That is one of those odd questions...very personal and deeply psychological.  It is not a light question, that's for sure (even if some don't understand that).

I had a AF ROTC senior tell me (and a bunch of other academy cadets) that she "actually had to work" to get her pilot slot--implying that USAFA cadets have pilot slots handed to them...nevermind the 4 years of training and school...  We had to work with her for another two weeks, so we let her keep on believing in her total discipline and academic superiority.  She probably made the worst first impression of anyone I had to work under.  Note to self: never insult the people working for you before you get to know them!

On the other hand, I have met a few really good ROTC people.
From one perspective, she has a point: the cadet population (and graduating population) of ROTC is greater than the population of USAFA, yet ROTC gets 40% of the available UPT slots each year as compared to the USAFA's 50%. That's not saying the USAFA cadets don't work hard to earn their commissions...just that they have a going-in better chance of getting a UPT slot.

She probably could have phrased it better, certainly. Other than that single thing she said, how was she?

You'll find when you get on active duty that there is a difference in officers based on commissioning source up until they hit O-3. Everything pretty much evens out there. Each source has its own strengths and weaknesses, and each source puts out idiots who have an over-inflated sense of self-worth.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard