Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Spark wrote:

Well, if you're afraid of terrorism, what do you do? STAY IN THE U.S.! I'll probably regret this, but the chances of you being killed by terrorists on US soil, (by past experience), is negligible. Even in 2001, it was about 1 in a few hundred thousand.
If you are responding to me, I have to ask, Is that all you got out of the post? The bit on terrorism was only to counter in charge of fear mongering.
No. I'm not.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6830
So... How did it feel to be chased out of your own post ? .... heh heh heh ..
jeremysa1
+0|6730
Clinton tapped EVERYONE"S phone and every email that passed through servers in the US.  It was called Eschalon, and the NSA tapped every electronic communication in or out of the US searching for certain key words.

The closest we ever came to 1984 or Brave New World was under Clinton and General Reno--burning 82 kids and women because you don't like their religion......(waco)
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6830

jeremysa1 wrote:

Clinton tapped EVERYONE"S phone and every email that passed through servers in the US.  It was called Eschalon, and the NSA tapped every electronic communication in or out of the US searching for certain key words.

The closest we ever came to 1984 or Brave New World was under Clinton and General Reno--burning 82 kids and women because you don't like their religion......(waco)
Shhhhhh . . .  They were saving those kids, Saving them..

It was a case of Child abuse!

that's why they sent in the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms,

Because kids love to Drink smoke and shoot.

If he had been evading his taxes I guess they would have sent the Border Patrol.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6705|Wherever the F**k i feel like

Marconius wrote:

So far, Bush has been caught red-handed breaking the law.  He claims that he can basically illegally wiretap Americans and invade their privacy as it is a "time of war."  Albeit he never had a formal Declaration of War approved from the Congress.  'Shock and Awe' lasted just long enough that he didn't have to present his Articles of War, and the resulting firefight in Iraq is still going on.

Hopefully the Impeachment process will start soon, but only if enough Republicans in the House will allow a call for it to pass.

My question to everyone is:

If the Republicans/Bush Administration think they can get away with anything now due to the US being at "war," what will happen if a Democrat gets elected in 2008?  Will they all back down and say, "Oh, no no no, we were wrong, we weren't supposed to do all of that as it was illegal at the time...so it looks like you Democrats can't do the same!"  Does anyone feel like there is something more sinister going on to ensure that Republicans can force another election to come out in favor of them?
and we should listen toa guy from california why?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6830

Marconius wrote:

So far, Bush has been caught red-handed breaking the law.  He claims that he can basically illegally wiretap Americans and invade their privacy as it is a "time of war."  Albeit he never had a formal Declaration of War approved from the Congress.  'Shock and Awe' lasted just long enough that he didn't have to present his Articles of War, and the resulting firefight in Iraq is still going on.

Hopefully the Impeachment process will start soon, but only if enough Republicans in the House will allow a call for it to pass.

My question to everyone is:

If the Republicans/Bush Administration think they can get away with anything now due to the US being at "war," what will happen if a Democrat gets elected in 2008?  Will they all back down and say, "Oh, no no no, we were wrong, we weren't supposed to do all of that as it was illegal at the time...so it looks like you Democrats can't do the same!"  Does anyone feel like there is something more sinister going on to ensure that Republicans can force another election to come out in favor of them?
Go to bed now ok. no one listens to this stuff.  Read the thread. you got blown out of the water dude!
Get some rest. Its over.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6834|Cologne, Germany

in theory, the only ones to decide over the next government are the voters. I don't know wether one particular party could force the outcome of an election.

as far as breaking the law in concerned, it was happening under clinton too. No administration is perfect.
But as the US essentially has a two-party-system, it will most likely be a sympathy vote anyway. Who trust people more, who do they like more...

Political agendas usually don't matter as much as the character of the candidates these days. Germany ain't no different in that regard.
Erkut.hv
+124|6728|California

B.Schuss wrote:

in theory, the only ones to decide over the next government are the voters. I don't know wether one particular party could force the outcome of an election.
"VOTE OR DIE!!!" - P. Diddy

Even when the libs tried their hardest to try and enlist our brainwashed youth they failed. It was funny. Don't let them tell you how to live your lives!

Watching moveon.org and all those groups trying their hardest to win. Here's a thought:

Get a viable candidate. The Rep's had Bush, and you managed to find one of the three furthest left leaning politicians. Then you actually expected him to win. Laughable.

Hey, want to see Republicans win in '08? Put up Hilary for President, guarantee the Republicans another 4 years. Dem's have moved too far left, to where they can't see the middle any more. The Rep's are moving right, but at a slower pace.

My vote for Pres:

CHUCK NORRIS!
I2elik
+12|6745|Perth, Western Australia

Spark wrote:

AirForce2076 wrote:

Spark wrote:

I've got a question: Why, oh why, do you run a Two-Party System???? In Australia we have the unique situation where the 'balance-of-power' (so to speak) is not in the hands of the two major parties.
Do you know there are communists who try to get votes on the election cards we vote on? Of course most of us dont vote for them because communism has already proven to not work. Man has tried everything and it all came down to man having to be free. Sorry if we are already light years ahead of you.
What do you mean? Having a multiple-party system ensures that one party, even if they control both houses of parliament, don't have full control. Mostly they have to go begging to the Independents/Minor parties to support their policies (which they seldom do).
Certain minor parties generally "ally" with another party to gain more political sway in a vote, so if the "Greens" (yes greens is a real political party in Aus) receives votes, those votes would go to whichever party they're allied with, along with them as well, which is usually the Liberal Party.

And moving onto other stuff.

To be frank, the American government has been playing on people's fear for a long time now, there has been ONE major attack(s) on US soil, which was 9/11, now consider this, if that was 5 years ago, what gives? Why are you people paranoid about another attack, your security is stupidly tight and tense, as well as your population, what gives? Accept the fact that the chance of an actual freakin' terrorist attack on US Soil is near impossible, so crawl out from under your cave with Cable access and a mobile Mc'Donalds restaraunt and see the beautiful sun you oh so blind moles.

Onto Iraq, it was both a good and bad thing, Bush got rid of a really evil twisted person yes, but he also completely obliterated the Iraqi society and culture, way to "Liberate", it seems to me that America is enforcing Westernisation onto Iraq ("Let's build a Mc'Donalds here YEEEHAWW", "War is hell and I wanna die YEHAWW"), by introducing western style culture, such as Mc'Donalds etc.

I mean,  what gives? (that's twice now), just give 'em democracy, and leave them be, dont' force godamn Fast Food on them, don't force another language on them ,don't do ANYTHING to their culture, just deal with the fucking partisans, and don't touch another oil-rich country ever again, and you probably won't be threatened, but this'll probably fall on deaf ears that only hear "OMG HES A LIBERAL!! MUST FLAME HIM"
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6764|Atlanta, GA USA

I2elik wrote:

To be frank, the American government has been playing on people's fear for a long time now, there has been ONE major attack(s) on US soil, which was 9/11, now consider this, if that was 5 years ago, what gives? Why are you people paranoid about another attack, your security is stupidly tight and tense, as well as your population, what gives?
I just had to comment on this.  I don't know where you (and a few others on this forum who have said basically the same thing) get your information, but everybody I know has pretty much gone back to the way they were before 9/11.  I can't speak for everyone else, but I am not scared or paranoid that there is going to be another attack any day now.  The government might be more watchful now (and rightfully so in my opinion, their job is to make sure another attack does not happen) but the general populous is going on with life as usual; we're not holed up in our homes peeking out the curtains.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6688|NJ

Horseman 77 wrote:

jeremysa1 wrote:

Shhhhhh . . .  They were saving those kids, Saving them..

It was a case of Child abuse!

that's why they sent in the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms,

Because kids love to Drink smoke and shoot.

If he had been evading his taxes I guess they would have sent the Border Patrol.
hahahaha that's great no evading taxes means that nasa has to use lasers fro m space to burn all the paper work, wouldn't want to leave evidence
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6830
The Wire Taps were LEGAL .   blown out of his own post ...again... sniff sniff
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6687|San Francisco
Assume what you want, Horseman.  The hearings are still going on, and there's more evidence leading towards it being unconstitutional and a gross breach of power than anything else.  Gonzalez did nothing but dodge a vast majority of questions by both the Democrat and Republican Senators and kept his answers long and
vague.  And, seriously, you don't need to act like an insolent little child to get your point across around here...
Imgragael
+0|6655

Spark wrote:

I've got a question: Why, oh why, do you run a Two-Party System???? In Australia we have the unique situation where the 'balance-of-power' (so to speak) is not in the hands of the two major parties.
Technically the United States is not a two party system. The 2004 election had a total of 350 candidates that ran for the seat of US President, however only two of them were allowed to be on the ballot due to 'laws' and financial restrictions in place that prevented many Americans from having a choice.  Sure there is a write in section for your choice but due to the fact that many of these 'less important' runners could not afford to have the advertising to be seen even on a regional level, the only practical choice for president was a horses ass, and an ass.  Basically in '04 we lost. 

To further emphasize my point, at university I was tutoring a political science major and she told me that in 2000 during the Bush/Gore campaign, a full 51% of the voters actually wrote in Mickey Mouse, so technically a cartoon character should have won the Presidency, however congress has figured out a way to virtually nullify the voice of the people by creating the Electoral College, which is programmed to make sure that the congress or presidency is controlled by a party majority. 

But our problem truely does not lay in the system, it lays in the laps of the citizens of the US.  We have become so complacent that we let our government tell us what to do.  We have been brainwashed by being told what is freedom, and since 9/11 we have let our government take away our rights, and until more Americans start to wake up and start actively making changes to how they vote or even if they vote, us Americans will continued to be judged by the rest of the world and seen guilty of retarded, over-powering hate-mongers just because our government is allowed to do things that are both unethical and unlawful.

Imgragael
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709
2008: no more bush1!!!!111
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Speed84
+0|6762|Norge/Norway/Norwegen
I'm so glad I don't live in the us.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709
unless ur in california, chicks are hot there, but they do have high sales tax
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
GATOR591957
+84|6620

Horseman 77 wrote:

So... How did it feel to be chased out of your own post ? .... heh heh heh ..
Horseman I've read several of your post.  I believe I understand your"slant" on most the topics.  I am really disappointed in your stooping to this ^^^^level.

My real question is, in you mind, do you believe your administration has acted "outside the law" at all.  I'm really flabbergasted at your blindness to this...

The international community (UN) has declared Guantanamo Bay wrong period.  Which means we are not in compliance with International law.  Which is basically one of the many reasons we were told we invaded Iraq!
bigp66
+63|6541|memphfrica-memphis,TN
no your just a liberial who hates all republicans even if bush was doing better you would hate him
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6687|San Francisco
Wow, looks like it's "Revive the Old Threads Day."  I guess all the other ones got boring.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6723|Michigan
Well whoever -1'd me... for my due process comment and left no name. I don't think the US would imprison anybody unless they had a good reason. I could be wrong because you never know what the govt. will do!!!
Anyway, I don't mind the -1 because you gave a reason but please leave a name so I know who you are.
I don't -1 back if you have a good reason.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

By definition a politician is a lying, cheating, scumbag.  It doesn't matter what party they come from we still get fucked.  The only difference will be whether you get missionary style, or doggy style.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6799|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Marconius wrote:

Wow, looks like it's "Revive the Old Threads Day."  I guess all the other ones got boring.
Heh, and I already got neg'ed for it. This thread should be good for the next two years by it's very title, don't you think?

Last edited by Darth_Fleder (2006-06-22 13:31:17)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6687|San Francisco
Actually, Agent, I like this explanation of it...

Why do we support politics?  I mean, just look at the name.  You have Poli (poly), meaning many and Tics (ticks) meaning blood sucking creatures.  It's actually much better as a spoken joke...
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

Marconius wrote:

Actually, Agent, I like this explanation of it...

Why do we support politics?  I mean, just look at the name.  You have Poli (poly), meaning many and Tics (ticks) meaning blood sucking creatures.  It's actually much better as a spoken joke...
Yeah, politics has gotten to the point where you don't vote for the best person for the job, you vote for the person who will fuck things up least.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard