Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6666|USA

How come Wes Clark was an outrage but Freddy T is a true American?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

Because the only people that would be offended by that are right wingers/Republicans/whatever you want to call them, and they're notorious hypocrites.
13rin
+977|6483
Let's see.  Clark was a blatant hit job done for Obama probably with promise of a job after Obama's elected in.  Fred was trying to beat McCain in the Primaires.  An yes, being a fighter pilot does not automatically qualify you for being POTUS. 

@Ghetto..  Republicans AND Democrats (and whatever parties you guys have over there) are ALL hypocrites (even the ones you like).
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Let's see.  Clark was a blatant hit job done for Obama probably with promise of a job after Obama's elected in.  Fred was trying to beat McCain in the Primaires.  An yes, being a fighter pilot does not automatically qualify you for being POTUS. 

@Ghetto..  Republicans AND Democrats (and whatever parties you guys have over there) are ALL hypocrites (even the ones you like).
Yeah I know, I've just noticed a lot more of it recently on the Republican side of things.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6666|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Yeah I know, I've just noticed a lot more of it recently on the Republican side of things.
They have nothing else to do. Ask for a paper ballot everyone.
IRONCHEF
+385|6495|Northern California
Nice.  Both of them are right on the money.  And frankly, every time I see the Reps get a friggen boner every time they shamefully use McCain's "AMERICAN HEROISM" over and over, I get more and more convinced that he has NOTHING to boast about.  Seriously, this is McCain's single talking point to somehow convince America that he will be overhauling Washington.  Somehow, getting shot down, incarcerated, and tortured (but giving thumbs' up to his fellow prisoners) is what it takes to change washington, command troops, have a proper foreign policy, be qualified for EVERYTHING.  I once in a while see his "22 years" of public office show up, but never any specifics of what that did for him.  Surely, 22 years of lackluster service, completely embedded with Washington, and suddenly wanting to change it all...sounds like typical hollow promises typical of a political candidate.  Honestly, this is an old, old man, with 22 years of political tainting representing ALL that is wrong with Washington..and suddenly he can change it?  Right...with a dem congress and house, he's going to do what?  lol

When people learn to separate his "godlike heroic service" from the real criteria he may or may not have to be president, then things will be clear.  Because honestly, one does not have anything to do with the other!  "He put his country first?"  No, he got shot down and tortured.  I can just imagine the families of vietnam vets getting pissed everytime mccain is called a friggen "hero" when their loved one is listed on a wall for their sacrifice.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

This is an article from some dodgey blog that I have no idea how factual it actually is. But I'm assuming it has been written by a Nam vet, and it raises some good points.
IRONCHEF

ghettoperson wrote:

This is an article from some dodgey blog that I have no idea how factual it actually is. But I'm assuming it has been written by a Nam vet, and it raises some good points.
+1 Nice!  But of course it's just a blog..just the Internets..and anyone can make that stuff up....  lol
13rin
+977|6483

IRONCHEF wrote:

Nice.  Both of them are right on the money.  And frankly, every time I see the Reps get a friggen boner every time they shamefully use McCain's "AMERICAN HEROISM" over and over, I get more and more convinced that he has NOTHING to boast about.
Seriously, this is McCain's single talking point to somehow convince America that he will be overhauling Washington.  Somehow, getting shot down, incarcerated, and tortured (but giving thumbs' up to his fellow prisoners) is what it takes to change washington, command troops, have a proper foreign policy, be qualified for EVERYTHING.
What are you on about here?  Granted getting shot down and being a POW probably doesn't qualify him to be a great brain surgeon, but I do think it illuminates his character in a postive way and illustrates his commitment to his country.   Your bashing McCains experience but the D's pick is has none.  Obama did do stuff with those fradulent bastards at acorn though... 

IRONCHEF wrote:

I once in a while see his "22 years" of public office show up, but never any specifics of what that did for him.  Surely, 22 years of lackluster service, completely embedded with Washington, and suddenly wanting to change it all...sounds like typical hollow promises typical of a political candidate.  Honestly, this is an old, old man, with 22 years of political tainting representing ALL that is wrong with Washington..and suddenly he can change it?  Right...with a dem congress and house, he's going to do what?  lol
God this is ironic.  O'bah'ma chants what?  Change? 
Granted the Dems are in congress & house, but I have a feeling that's gonna change (single digit approval rating).  Why would one want to continue down that path of failure?

IRONCHEF wrote:

When people learn to separate his "godlike heroic service" from the real criteria he may or may not have to be president, then things will be clear.  Because honestly, one does not have anything to do with the other!  "He put his country first?"  No, he got shot down and tortured.  I can just imagine the families of vietnam vets getting pissed everytime mccain is called a friggen "hero" when their loved one is listed on a wall for their sacrifice.
The way you cheapen his sacrafice to the US is kinda weak man.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
IRONCHEF
Ok, who is MORE likely to "change Washington?"  The dude who's 72 and has 22 years of contribution to what Washington is today, or the new guy obviously without any real Washington experience?

Also, who said a single word about Obama?  I know it's hard for you and other politically anal pricks here to try and discuss a topic without lashing out feverishly in an attempt to divert attention, but please.

As for cheapening his sacrifice, maybe I am.  Does he need or require my ovation?  He's received his reward and obviously doesn't regard his "sacrifice" as something sacred or of serious import.  And while we're on this subject, NOBODY who died in Vietnam died for my freedoms, sadly.  They died because of political vanity, but not because they were protecting my rights or property.  Hate to be blunt about it, and it takes nothing away from my high regard and reverence for them, but it is what it is.  Same for Iraq...not a single Iraqi threatened my country, my rights, or my happiness.
13rin
+977|6483

IRONCHEF wrote:

Ok, who is MORE likely to "change Washington?"  The dude who's 72 and has 22 years of contribution to what Washington is today, or the new guy obviously without any real Washington experience?

Also, who said a single word about Obama?  I know it's hard for you and other politically anal pricks here to try and discuss a topic without lashing out feverishly in an attempt to divert attention, but please.

As for cheapening his sacrifice, maybe I am.  Does he need or require my ovation?  He's received his reward and obviously doesn't regard his "sacrifice" as something sacred or of serious import.  And while we're on this subject, NOBODY who died in Vietnam died for my freedoms, sadly.  They died because of political vanity, but not because they were protecting my rights or property.  Hate to be blunt about it, and it takes nothing away from my high regard and reverence for them, but it is what it is.  Same for Iraq...not a single Iraqi threatened my country, my rights, or my happiness.
Damn Chef!  Off the meds today? 

Let's first try the question... Do you even want 'change' first?  And the change Obama's selling, I ain't fucking buying.  I don't want a pompous, quasi Marxist, no experience, zero loyalty, raise your taxes, condescending asshat in the Oval Office.

Sorry for bringing Obama into this, but seeing how there are no other viably electable candidates this November -The only person I have to compare McCain to at this point is Obama.  It's pretty easy to.  Vote McCain. 

McCain never asked for your ovation, nor does it require it.  But it does say something to your character (I also know you do that charity on thanksgiving where you & fam serve the homeless).  That aside you're holding onto a rather selfish viewpoint in that aspect of your life.
IRONCHEF
Sorry you read that wrong.  I'm just asking questions.  Imagine I'm not frothing at the mouth, pounding my keyboard, got all my code pink girlfriends with me, and that I'm not typing from the top of an oak tree at the UCB campus.

Ok, let's try again.  Which person (imagine these are two people you've never heard of before not belonging to any political party) is MORE likely to overhaul the government?  The old dude who's had 22 years in that same government without really doing much but contributing to that type of government?  Or the new guy who's fresh on the government scene with just a couple years?

And when you popped up with the Obama bashing, it really shows the same fear McCain must have for him because you both prefer to bash Obama than show McCain's selling points.  Watch the ads out there...count them up and tell me who is attacking the other without really selling specifics?  Then go to factcheck.org and compare who's fearmongering and lying out their asses...then get back to me.  McBush really IS more of the same..same fear mongering, lying, slogan selling, chickenhawk.

What do I want changed?  Couldn't tell you.  Frankly, I don't believe either one of them.  BUt I DO think Obama has more of a likelihood of doing something different because i haven't seen the same shameless patterns in him as I have McCain.

And hey, I have a topic that I'd like to ask you about.  Since "Experience" seems to be a pretty important topic for the candidates, I wonder what you consider "experience" to be?  And more specifically, how does having experience or not having it necessarily "qualify" someone to be president.  Could the movie Dave be possible?  Remember, "Anyone just did."  We all know it's about advisors, staff, chiefs, friend making ability, and diplomacy....all tenants I believe Obama to have plenty of.
13rin
+977|6483

IRONCHEF wrote:

Sorry you read that wrong.  I'm just asking questions.  Imagine I'm not frothing at the mouth, pounding my keyboard, got all my code pink girlfriends with me, and that I'm not typing from the top of an oak tree at the UCB campus.

Ok, let's try again.  Which person (imagine these are two people you've never heard of before not belonging to any political party) is MORE likely to overhaul the government?  The old dude who's had 22 years in that same government without really doing much but contributing to that type of government?  Or the new guy who's fresh on the government scene with just a couple years?
Nah, I understand you.  Again, I don't think the government is in need of massive overhauls.  I do concede the point though.  Imagine the damage Pelosi, Reid and Obama could do.... 

IronChef wrote:

And when you popped up with the Obama bashing, it really shows the same fear McCain must have for him because you both prefer to bash Obama than show McCain's selling points.  Watch the ads out there...count them up and tell me who is attacking the other without really selling specifics?  Then go to factcheck.org and compare who's fearmongering and lying out their asses...then get back to me.  McBush really IS more of the same..same fear mongering, lying, slogan selling, chickenhawk.
The truth is much simpiler.   I don't need to speak to McCains record, It's there.  Obama's isn't.  He's an easy target and I'm lazy.
The fear mongering is all in your head.  I'm not really scared.  Are you?  Do you really think the rest of the US buys into anymore?

IronChef wrote:

What do I want changed?  Couldn't tell you.  Frankly, I don't believe either one of them.  BUt I DO think Obama has more of a likelihood of doing something different because i haven't seen the same shameless patterns in him as I have McCain.
There are no patterns to compare.  You're pulling the trigger in the dark...  High stakes bet...  You know where your loved ones are?

IronChef wrote:

And hey, I have a topic that I'd like to ask you about.  Since "Experience" seems to be a pretty important topic for the candidates, I wonder what you consider "experience" to be?  And more specifically, how does having experience or not having it necessarily "qualify" someone to be president.  Could the movie Dave be possible?  Remember, "Anyone just did."  We all know it's about advisors, staff, chiefs, friend making ability, and diplomacy....all tenants I believe Obama to have plenty of.
I don't think Obama has these qualities now.  I think he's a backstreet boys build up in a political setting.  People are waking up.   Shit man, I don't have all the answers, my spin would be on all the provable McCain fuck ups, "he now knows what not to do".... ? .?...
IRONCHEF
Here you go.  Read up on this page...the fact checking of mccain and obama, and some of the ad fact checking.  They outline the "pattern of deceit" as they call it in mccain's ads.  They show the fudging of some data on Obama's part and the outright lies of mccain's part.  And the fear mongering I'm talking about is also covered in some of the mccain ad fact checking..especially with the tax stuff.

http://factcheck.org/

Anyway, what does it all mean?  it means that there's people doing fact checking and reaching a small handful of resourceful, truth seeking people vs. the masses of tv/conservative radio/liberal blogosphere who are either too lazy to find the truth, have familial peer pressure (or other peer pressure), or wahtever other random and unethical voting practices people employ. 

I find myself loathing more and more our type of government...the voting of leaders, because there's no control or employed ethics in the campaigns or in the way people get accurate information.  I would say it's safe to bet that at least half of what you and I see on our chosen political information sources is total BS.  Because of this, I have little faith in our population to properly pick a leader...and then there's the other "HALF" of our population who don't even vote.  Sad stuff.  Easy to see why other country's talk smack about our highly acclaimed "democracy" system of government.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6694|Tampa Bay Florida
DBbrinson, the GOP is definitely fear mongering.  Just because you're not a dumbass sheeple like 50 percent of the country that both campaigns are marketing to, and you arent afraid, doesnt mean that other people wont be, or at least, be tricked into voting in McCain because of the fear mongering.

Its the same as 04...... and the GOP is the real party of change.... hahah

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard