100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6165|Dublin
<33###`1111!1 ELMO OMFG

I decided to throw some stuff together before I leave BF2 for real, I hope this helps, It will include screenshots, settings and videos.

[bold]Aviator/Jet[/bold]

All mouse users who claim they can take a jet pilot using a joystick at the same skill level is wrong, invest on a joystick.

Personal 2 fav's:

Logitech Attack 3 - http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gamin … p;cl=us,en
Logitech 3D Pro - http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gamin … p;cl=us,en

My current settings:
NOTE: I use a 3D pro with Keyboard, I used the attack3 before I got the 3D pro so I was used to not using the twist handle, thus I use W,A,S,D among other keyboard keys.

3D Pro settings:

[bold]Joystick[/bold]

Butten1/Primary Triggar - Fire1/Mini-Gun
Butten2/Thumb rest butten - Seconday Fire2/Missle-Bomb

Top of Joystick(I don't use the bottom buttens on the joy)
Top left - Cockpit
Bottem left - Afterburner
Top right - Rear view
Bottem right - Primary Missile/Bomb

Top Toggle UP - Change Missile to Bombs

[bold]Keyboard[/bold]

W,A,S,D - Forward, Left, Back, Right
CTRL - Flyby
Space - Flares
Shift - Front(Outside view)
F - Secondary change missile/bombs

Logitech attack3 Settings:
https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288/Irishpride2/bf2-20080209-231205.png

Joytokey - http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/Jo … ersion.htm
A program that I use so I can spot using a joystick and add settings that arnt available in-game.

My Joytokey settings (Remember I use joy and key so I have 1 hand on my joy, if you are using just joy you will need to assign a butten on your joystick to 'Q'[Main Radio - Spot])

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288/Irishpride2/Joy2let.jpg

[bold]Practice[/bold]

After investing on a joystick you need to get practicing with your views and the genuine 'feel' of all the jets, I recommend Captiva's stunt server - Unlimited jet spawn and no spawntime (Unranked)

IP - 85.196.81.90:16567
Info - http://www.game-monitor.com/bf2_GameSer … Feeds.html

Play around with your settings to suit yourself until you feel comfortable. Practice in Captiva's with the like of Nuke, Savant and WestUK, watch them and learn from them.

Practice such maneuvers:

When you feel comfortable switching views constantly and controlling the jet in those views hit the public servers.

My Fav's

SCABB 24/7 Oman
=ESF= 24/7 Oman
NATO Elite Forces Airmaps
Bamboo Commandos 
UK Warefare - UKWF

NOTE: These servers are all located in the UK.

Graphic settings are not necessarily important once you have Effects and Geometries on high and you have an FPS over 60.
To check your FPS in-game press the tilda (`) key and it should open the console, when it is opened type : renderer.drawfps 1
This will show your FPS in your top right corner.

Practice simple Maneuvers as seen in these videos:

Helpful tip : When the round is just starting, press double w just in-between 1 and 0 and you will have a small advantage to get to the jets/helis/armour before the noobs get 'em.

Helpful tip#2 : Spot everything, from all views.

When you find you are getting the hang of the feel of the jets and averaging a ~ 30:1 KDR in public servers download a custom map called 'Wake Airshow'

LINK - http://www.fileplanet.com/162402/160000 … ke-Airshow

Download and install, most servers are password protected but you will find some public, the map is designed for 1v1 dogfights, you will learn the rules as you watch the best (Zeq, Rabbit, Eddie, Serhend, Nuke, White ect...)

Dogfights generally go something like...

You will learn the advanced maneuvers in these 1v1 servers and the transformation of being a pubnub to a good player will begin

Other useful tips regarding jets:

#1 - In 'Game Options' make the minimap and hud almost 100% (90-95%) so you can almost see through the map.

#2 - Watch Zeqtr and the experienced pilots by suicideing and pressing C to view them.

#3 - 99% of good jet pilots don't cheat, there is no hack out there that fly your jet for you so don't blame you being out-skilled on cheats/hacks.

I would like to thank the following mates in teaching/playing with me in the past, regarding jets.

Zeqtr
Nuke
BMW
Eddie
Rabbit
Serhend
Flyjet
White
Akaorcram
Velocity
Doggie
Pastaa
G.Cronin
Behemoth
Anabol
Alexfoley
Ghost
Hgjw
Blackfire
Witre
Catz
O1egon
tnauman
Shug
Skaggy
xXdom
WestUK
Savant
Captiva
Biogen
666Hawk666

Helis

I'm very much a pubnub when it comes to every other aspect of BF2 bar Jets so I will make this brief

Same Graphic settings/Sound settings as jets.
I have the Heli sensitivity up to the max with yaw and pitch on full 10.0.

I have however changed F2 to Spacebar which makes solo flying piss easy.

As a pilot don't rush into the middle of the battlefield, keep towards the back of your flags and stay defensive, use the spots/UAV/Commander to line your Gunner up before you can even see your target.

Some helis mates
Phil
Winston
Blackfire
Soloz
Chieftec99
Hastez
Hawk
BMW
Stoner
Blackhunter

I would also like to thank the following peeps on making my BF2 experiance great

1st_IB
Chorcai
EVD
Impurity
Boggy

Vital
Sii
Jeffo
Baille

Rush
Sweet
Desert
Fear
Jamesey
Kitteh
Mizz
Pig
Stealth
Vortice
Nakalm
Wills
Zulu
Born
Hawk
Stoner

Dirty Heroes
Jay
Steve
Viper
Blackhunter
Bio

=EEF=
Matt
Aaron
Oneup
Rulesy
Rob
Maff
Bingo
Frosch

TCM
Walkah
Hawk
Impact

[Spec]
Wonderbag
Cappy
Chepin
Syn
Greenpanda
Spartan
Menno

|Fever|
Conor
Dbobz
Bogo
Dingle
Deadsoul

Bf2s community
UEESA community
ESL community

Thank you all

Special thanks to i.e Special <3

Zeqqy baby
Nukey Hunny
Baby Mike Williams
Brinded
Behemoth/Toilet sex
Eddie
Vortice
Born
Stoner
Nakalm
Brinded
Jeff
Henri
Jamesy
Fear

OMFG I <3 You all :DDD please dont lock this thread

Last edited by 100% Irishpride (2008-09-12 08:27:36)

BRiiNDED
+137|6130
Hell of a player, hell of a mate as well.
But I am glad you finally figured out that everything should come before Battlefield etc.
Good luck in rl mate.

I've got ya MSN and XFire, so I'll keep in touch.

Once again, good luck.
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6197|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
Nice info, didn't realise your leaving BF2 for good, gl mate whatever happens you
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6162|Vancouver | Canada
About your mouse flying claim....doesn't Flyjetsandblahblah use a mouse?

But besides that, awesome thread. I shall spend my afternoon in it.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6451|Wales
you'll be back.
JAGGEDJUNKIE
+2|6539|Newcastle Upon Tyne

Fearmesnipers wrote:

you'll be back.
Was just gonna say that myself.

You've always made excellent posts am not one for posting but i did like to read yours, i liked the one you did on the EA forums about what should be fixed in 1.5 (If it ever happens)

I'm sure we'll see your name about in BF3.

Anyways, good luck with the future in what ever it is you'll be doing.
TunaMan
Mouse-Pilot
+29|5789|Israel
Hi Irish, I was really surprised to see my name on the "I would like to thank the following mates in teaching/playing with me in the past, regarding jets." Section... I feel famous now
Very nice "Guide", you've covered all of the aspects in jets I could find... Most of the other stuff is only practise and getting used to the jet.  Your guide is nice way of teaching 'em noobs how to start climbing up the skill-ladder of the jets in this game

P.S: I knew you will find yet another way of promoting your great videos... Just knew it xD <3
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5760
This thread beats the shit out of this one.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p1770459
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5872

`MetaL* wrote:

This thread beats the shit out of this one.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p1770459
https://www.spurgin.net/images/etc/attention_whore.jpg
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6493
What has stolen you away from BF2? A woman? A Job? Another Game?

Agreed on the Joysticks just got the 3d pro the other day and I'm happy. It seems like Joysticks should have gotten cheaper, they're like the same price they were like 10 years ago. Everything in computers has dropped except joysticks. Makes you feel like a lamer when you buy one, but it's a good investment.

Last edited by Greenspan (2008-09-07 01:49:55)

100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6165|Dublin

Fearmesnipers wrote:

you'll be back.
4 Bf3 ya.
ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6206
my door is open for you <3
cheify0
+2|6234|Philippines
good luck in rl :lol
Jackabo
+127|6564|Dublin, Ireland
I only actually talked to you last night for the first time on vent... but good luck anyway I guess!
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6165|Dublin

Jackabo wrote:

I only actually talked to you last night for the first time on vent... but good luck anyway I guess!
What? I have had vent uninstalled for a week now lol, along with BF2 and programs I use with BF2, eh?
i g
Banned
+876|5870|GA

you're still here
TunaMan
Mouse-Pilot
+29|5789|Israel

100% Irishpride wrote:

Jackabo wrote:

What? I have had vent uninstalled for a week now lol, along with BF2 and programs I use with BF2, eh?
It's true guys.
[16:17] RegMan - tnauman: So you won't do a little dogfight against me?
[16:17] !INACTIVE Irishpride: now?
[16:17] !INACTIVE Irishpride: I cant man, I trew the disc away lmao

lolz
HaawwK
+31|5991|Bolton
get the fuck off xfire then pls
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6165|Dublin

HaawwK wrote:

get the fuck off xfire then pls
Am bored, mmkay?
Fearmesnipers
+41|6451|Wales

Greenspan wrote:

What has stolen you away from BF2? A woman? A Job? Another Game?

Agreed on the Joysticks just got the 3d pro the other day and I'm happy. It seems like Joysticks should have gotten cheaper, they're like the same price they were like 10 years ago. Everything in computers has dropped except joysticks. Makes you feel like a lamer when you buy one, but it's a good investment.
Pretty sure It is something to do with the UEESA not including jets that made him just give in.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6466|UK
Wow did he turn that quick on the first bit of the first video looked like some rudder action. I can never get it to turn that sharp.
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6197|Contae Chorcaí | Éire

wah1188 wrote:

Wow did he turn that quick on the first bit of the first video looked like some rudder action. I can never get it to turn that sharp.
FYI he hit the radar, you can do thst with every radar on the runway

Last edited by G.Cronin (2008-09-07 10:43:47)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6466|UK

G.Cronin wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

FYI he hit the radar, you can do thst with every radar on the runway
Haha wow I was thinking I've never seen anyone turn that sharp.
thepilot91
+64|6242|Åland!
I'll ask again before this thread turn into as much shit as the last one did ...Irish have you ever fought "Phantom" (former in the top 10 BF2 players) in a dogfight?

Last edited by thepilot91 (2008-09-07 11:21:13)

100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6165|Dublin

thepilot91 wrote:

I'll ask again before this thread turn into as much shit as the last one did ...Irish have you ever fought "Phantom" (former in the top 10 BF2 players) in a dogfight?
Yes mate, He was good but nowere near as good as the likes of Zeqqy <333 111one!1 and Rabbit ect, Circlehero/Circlejerk tbh

ALSO: That wasnt the same phantom as the phantom in the top 10, the phantom in the top 10 didnt even fly that much, the real phantom was the best I think before Rabbit came along, I think... Along with Cali and delta

Last edited by 100% Irishpride (2008-09-07 11:52:38)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard