pat2187
+0|6758

MrPredictable wrote:

crusaderop50 wrote:

wait, did they say that UAV is visible to the world?  so we can shoot it down?
yes, the uav will be visible and you can shoot it down, stingers will work on it too i belive.
Visible doesn't mean you can shoot it down. If you ask why not then you should really think about the post that originally and offically stated the change and not a speculatory post.

"UAVs are now visible in the world so if you are being scanned, you can know about it and take action against it" - If it was able to be shot down I think they would have stated so outright. If you take the statement at face value the writer is implying that since the opposing team has no indication they are under surveillance, this visual reference will let them know. Then they can take action against it by changing tactics, postition or defending themselves accordingly. Shooting it down is assumed not implied.

Likewise it is assumed that you cannot throw C4 while jumping. Unless it is posted officially in a news section it's pure guesswork by people that are biased. Obviously seeing posts from people that think throwing C4 is bush league they are just expressing distaste. For continuity I'd assume you would be able to throw C4 while jumping, but unless it's from an offical horses mouth I wouldnt post yea or nea nor believe half of the people saying so.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6691|Espoo, Finland

EstebanRey wrote:

TehSeraphim wrote:

MrPredictable wrote:

yes, the uav will be visible and you can shoot it down, stingers will work on it too i belive.
Gayest idea EVER.  Hurray - now not only can your UAV trailer be destroyed, but your UAV can be shot out of the sky, without you being able to maneuver it.  This woudl only be a good idea if a player could manually fly the UAV.  Retarded...
The UAV trailer won't be on the game anymore (I presume) and if it is it won't do anything.  When the commander calls in UAV the plane will apear over the spot he dictates and it will be then up to the enemy to shoot it down, but even when the do the friendlies would have got some useful info from it already.  I like the idea
I'm pretty sure the UAV trailer is in the game, since that is the thing that is connected to the UAV and controls it.
StickyBombs
+8|6764|Sacramento, CA (USA)

pat2187 wrote:

MrPredictable wrote:

crusaderop50 wrote:

wait, did they say that UAV is visible to the world?  so we can shoot it down?
Visible doesn't mean you can shoot it down. If you ask why not then you should really think about the post that originally and offically stated the change and not a speculatory post.

"UAVs are now visible in the world so if you are being scanned, you can know about it and take action against it" - If it was able to be shot down I think they would have stated so outright. If you take the statement at face value the writer is implying that since the opposing team has no indication they are under surveillance, this visual reference will let them know. Then they can take action against it by changing tactics, postition or defending themselves accordingly. Shooting it down is assumed not implied.

Likewise it is assumed that you cannot throw C4 while jumping. Unless it is posted officially in a news section it's pure guesswork by people that are biased. Obviously seeing posts from people that think throwing C4 is bush league they are just expressing distaste. For continuity I'd assume you would be able to throw C4 while jumping, but unless it's from an offical horses mouth I wouldnt post yea or nea nor believe half of the people saying so.
Dude...go check out the video for the patch on www.bf2.se  They show it being blow up...I think you can shoot it down then.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6765|Rotherham, England
i've seen that video before, and when the UAV blows up i believe it is self destructing and not getting blown up.
Don't forget when the UAV runs out it has to go somewhere, and having a self destruct would be the best option, and since you never see any weapon being fired against it that video proves nothing.
pat2187
+0|6758
Thanks for the link. Guess I was wrong on both accounts. Sadly I get more info from a 3rd party than an official site.

*You can NOT throw C4 when jumping. You can jump and throw grenades but you can not throw medic or ammopacks.

*UAV is now a flying airplane that circels the area. All weapons can harm the UAV but most efficient is the Jeep MG that only took about 5 seconds to kill the UAV. The COMM will have to learn to place the UAV right so it cant be fired at to easy. AT probably will be able to kill the UAV with a lot of practising.
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6689|UK
Regarding the ranks, I'll be happy if they make it so the gaps between master gunny sarg and 2nd luit. from 20,000 to 50,000 is abit much and as for 50,000 to 200,000..... STFU
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6747|Vermont

whittsend wrote:

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

evillbill wrote:

The only part of C4 chucking I like is when I cap the chuckee before he blows the C4. Now *thats* comedy.
I believe the correct word would be "chucker".  The chuckee would be the one whom the C4 is being thrown at.
I believe the correct phrasing would be: "The chuckee would be the one at whom the C4 is being thrown." 
Touche

And I see that you're a Masshole as well.  Where abouts in MA are you?

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2006-01-19 12:33:49)

TXGFpoman
+2|6679
In response to "C4 Throwing requires skill and is a good tactic"

C4 throwing requires a G15 keyboard and about 15 min to setup the macro. Not really any skill. Coincidence that I never saw c4 tossing until the G15 got really popular......I think not.

If you think C4 Tossing is realistic at all.....I encourage you to throw a "REAL" C4 pack as far as you can and blow it up right before it hits the ground

Last edited by TXGFpoman (2006-01-19 12:32:50)

whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6765|MA, USA
Gloucester, but work in Boston (if you call this working).
Spetz
+1|6681
UAV being able to be shot down, this is most likely only by jets and helicopters, maybe by 50 cals mounted on vehicles

c4 throwing does not require skill...even the crappiest players in bf2 can left clik right clik then left clik again before they die

newb tubes are fine at range because it takes skill to hit an opponent, close range its gay especialy when usmc do it because they are portrayed as the good guys in most wars and are lest likely to take their own life in the heat of combat

also i think certain weapons and special weapons need to be reduced in charges soo that support classes have more use like instead of 5 bit of c4 that are the size of your head maybe 3, which is more than enough

and they have reduced dolphin diving if any1 did not know, by making the time to go prone longer and i dont think you can go prone in the air anymore
Wildbill100372
+1|6691
The funny part about the possibility of the UAV being shot down is when both commanders launch their UAVs over the same area. Which one do you shoot at?
MRmajpayne
+1|6680

[1MI]CriticalFailure wrote:

soldier4john316 wrote:

Bunny hopping is a cheap tactic.  It is not realistic.  I have never been in war but I am pretty sure our military doesn't hop around while shooting at the enemy.  Just my opinion.
Pretty sure they don't respawn either.  What's your point?
lol funny shit
Vic42
+2|6729|Sacramento, California
I got that video clip from http://www.bf2.se/ and get audio only. What do I need to make it work?

TIA!
Ryan
+1,230|6850|Alberta, Canada

That UAV thing about the trailer not being in the game. I might still be in, but mayeb if its detsroyed during UAV, the UAV will continue to fly around until its stops supporting UAV to the soldiers. Since the trailer is destroyed, UAV wont be able to be used until an engi fixes it.
Ryan
+1,230|6850|Alberta, Canada

Note how it says 'We are still trying to nail down a few final items and put the final touches in place.'

that means it should be out pretty soon. but knowing EA, fixing a little thing could take months.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6834|Australia

Drunkaholic wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

I hope they put a rank in between gunnery sergeant and first sergeant/master sergeant. id like there to be another rank if possible at 13 000. is there even another rank in between stf. sgt. and 1st sgt and msgt?\

if not, they should make gunnery sergeant at like 7000 points, and first sergeant/master sergeant at say 13 000.
They'd better not nerf the First Sergeant to 13,000.  People (including myself, as of two days ago) have worked hard to reach First Sergeant, and we don't need another 1.03 on our hands. I just want the officer ranks to fall in after 2nd Lieutenant, with no changes to prior ranks.
im the same, im just 50 000 away from 2l so i dont want it lowered at all. maybe add a new rank at 150,000
wrath2210
Web/h0mE
+0|6677
give the patch a month max...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard