mikkel
+383|6601

jsnipy wrote:

I don't think they refused how Rambo got refused. Uncool, but story still sounds spun.
It does. The hotel had according to the article been having serious trouble with soldiers from nearby barracks, apparently enough to stop serving military personnel. The motivation isn't explored beyond that in the story. It sounds overwhelmingly biased to focus on the soldier's stress and trauma, and leave the actual reason for turning him away as an insignificant and unexpounded mention in the article.

As if that alone wasn't ridiculous enough, we have a bunch of straw man arguments and knee-jerk "OH MY GOD HE'S A SOLDIER" reactions to marvel at in here.

Edit: Google maps: Results 1-10 of about 2,116 for Hotel near Woking, Surrey, UK. Most of us would probably choose to drive half a mile down the road for the next hotel rather than stirring a public outrage on an unclear and unexplained basis.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-09-06 10:16:13)

jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

mikkel wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

I don't think they refused how Rambo got refused. Uncool, but story still sounds spun.
It does. The hotel had according to the article been having serious trouble with soldiers from nearby barracks, apparently enough to stop serving military personnel. The motivation isn't explored beyond that in the story. It sounds overwhelmingly biased to focus on the soldier's stress and trauma, and leave the actual reason for turning him away as an insignificant and unexpounded mention in the article.

As if that alone wasn't ridiculous enough, we have a bunch of straw man arguments and knee-jerk "OH MY GOD HE'S A SOLDIER" reactions to marvel at in here.

Edit: Google maps: Results 1-10 of about 2,116 for Hotel near Woking, Surrey, UK. Most of us would probably choose to drive half a mile down the road for the next hotel rather than stirring a public outrage on an unclear and unexplained basis.
See my reply, a guy with a cast on making preparations for a funeral isn't going to be partying all night fighting staff and shiting out of windows.
mikkel
+383|6601

jord wrote:

mikkel wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

See my reply, a guy with a cast on making preparations for a funeral isn't going to be partying all night fighting staff and shiting out of windows.
Policy is policy. Welcome to the real world.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
This was posted, and answered totally in about 3 posts. Then it was deleted.

lowing, this was just some dickhead receptionist, not some political bollocks.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

usmarine wrote:

what double standards?  because i dont believe in voting for someone i do not agree with just for the sake of voting?  you may bee fooled into believing that crap, but i am not.

you still didnt answer my question.  besides bitch and moan on a video game forum, what have you done for our country?
What double standards?  Every other post of yours is name calling and other crap.  Everytime you bring up your service it shows everyone that you've lost the debate.

I vote for the lesser of two evils you twat.   You obviously dont remember much of me, I've been here for a while and you seem like you've never read any of my posts.  Or maybe you only read what you want to read.

What have you done for your country, marine?  Besides bitch and moan about liberals on a video game forum?  Obviously, you've served in the military.  Does that make you better than me and everyone else who hasnt served?  Jesus christ.

"What double standards", rofl.  I'm done with this thread, this will never end anyway.  <3

Poseidon wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Joining the military to prove others wrong = bad idea.
Well like you, I've been considering it for a while.  Not just to prove others wrong.  I just thought I'd mention it to marine.
I'm just saying.

I'm either joining out of high school or college, and I'd never do it to prove myself to anybody. I'm doing it because 1) I want to serve my country and 2) It's what I want to do.
Trust me, I know.  I'm not doing it to prove anything to anyone.  It's just offensive to me when marine here tells me what I think and what I believe because of my political beliefs.  So I brought it up.  That's all there is to it.

So Marine, one final question.  Would you rather have me have absolutely no opinion about anything?  Especially after you served for my right to think freely and open mindedly.  Would you rather me waste my freedom like millions of other people my age?  Because it sure sounds like it.  To me, anyway.

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-09-06 12:14:21)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

bye baby.  go cry about o'rly and bush.  go vote for the lesser of two evils.  lol.  what a concept.  lol.  lets see, choose who babysits your kid, a pedo or a rapist.  choose the lesser of two evils.  awesome idea.

and i didnt bring up my military.  you decided to make that smart ass american comment to me.  so keep your fucking mouth shut if you dont want to be argued with.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine wrote:

bye baby.  go cry about o'rly and bush.  go vote for the lesser of two evils.  lol.  what a concept.  lol.  lets see, choose who babysits your kid, a pedo or a rapist.  choose the lesser of two evils.  awesome idea.

and i didnt bring up my military.  you decided to make that smart ass american comment to me.  so keep your fucking mouth shut if you dont want to be argued with.
Hey man, you're the one who served for our rights to vote and think whatever we want.  You dont have to be a dick about it. 

Also, ever heard of third party candidates????  and btw, you're the one name calling now.  So there's your double standards.

oh and btw, how was it me that brought up military when the ENTIRE FUCKING THREAD is about it?  Are you really that blind?

usmarine wrote:

fellow soldiers dont have borders my dear.  i still keep in contact with some royal marines.

Last edited by Spearhead (2008-09-06 12:18:09)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Spearhead wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Hey man, you're the one who served for our rights to vote and think whatever we want.  You dont have to be a dick about it. 

Also, ever heard of third party candidates????  and btw, you're the one name calling now.  So there's your double standards.

oh and btw, how was it me that brought up military when the ENTIRE FUCKING THREAD is about it?  Are you really that blind?

usmarine wrote:

fellow soldiers dont have borders my dear.  i still keep in contact with some royal marines.
you brought it up questioning why i was discussing this issue.  once again you bring shit up and then cry about the response.  keep your mouth closed if you cant handle the response.  i swear to god you say double standards more than everyone combined on here.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine wrote:

you brought it up questioning why i was discussing this issue.  once again you bring shit up and then cry about the response.  keep your mouth closed if you cant handle the response.  i swear to god you say double standards more than everyone combined on here.
I'm the one crying, ya. 

marine, how about you get a grip.  I'm a kid on a video game forum.  You're a marine.  Shouldnt I be the one calling you names?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

yes, because adults dont swear.  wtf are you on about?  go away.  if you cant take tough language or tough talk, go to a WoW forum and yell at them for who they are voting for.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky
my god..
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine wrote:

yes, because adults dont swear.  wtf are you on about?  go away.  if you cant take tough language or tough talk, go to a WoW forum and yell at them for who they are voting for.
idk, usually adults in a debate dont sound like a 15 year old.  GS, Kmarion, and ATG all sound like they're age.  You sound like a kid my age tbh.  Thats what I'm on about.  You're worse than lowing.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Spearhead wrote:

usmarine wrote:

idk, usually adults in a debate dont sound like a 15 year old.  GS, Kmarion, and ATG all sound like they're age.  You sound like a kid my age tbh.  Thats what I'm on about.  You're worse than lowing.
lol...

sound their age.  its a fucking video game forum.  i dont come here to debate.  i come for the serious subjects.  hence the second part of the name.  you want a debate, go to a real debate forum.

you are just a little spoiled college kid, so you are not worth my time anyway.  good day.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky
I love how people on this forum get all red in the face about bullshit that is beyond their control.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

S3v3N wrote:

I love how people on this forum get all red in the face about bullshit that is beyond their control.
you are not debating sir.  pls debate.  wait for your light to come on.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky

usmarine wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

I debate you and your immature tactics used on this forum.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

S3v3N wrote:

usmarine wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/Mephisto216/LightSaberFight.gif

Don't mind me I'm just watching

*popcorn*
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

S3v3N wrote:

usmarine wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

lulz
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky

SEREMAKER wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

usmarine wrote:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/M … rFight.gif

Don't mind me I'm just watching

*popcorn*
Actually it'd be more like this...

I was a Green Belt in Semper Foo.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

is that okinawa?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky

usmarine wrote:

is that okinawa?
Looks like it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

S3v3N wrote:

usmarine wrote:

is that okinawa?
Looks like it.
ya, those white buildings.  they all look like that on every base.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky

usmarine wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

usmarine wrote:

is that okinawa?
Looks like it.
They're that pasty white skin color on pendleton..
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

I thinks its Hansen
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

S3v3N wrote:

usmarine wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

Looks like it.
They're that pasty white skin color on pendleton..
hmmmm...  only camp pendleton i did was separation platoon, and that was old ass barracks.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-09-06 13:00:21)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard