lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

imortal wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

loved ones, and my country.
...but not yourself?
So, if your family was in the house and someone barged in armed you would offer violence (i.e. try to kill them back)?
Just a little point here... around 90% of criminals would fuck off if they came into a house full of people.... unless they are really stupid they should be able to realise that 5 years for stealing could suddenly turn into life behind bars for murder (or mass murder). most criminals would just run away and try a house with no one in it.

In reality i would defend my family if he looked like he was going to hurt them. i dont have a gun in the house so that is based on the scenario that he has a gun. my house has been attempted to be robbed. guy jumos back fence trys to comes in backdoor. i see him grab a cricket bat run over there and his already piss bolted. that was an experience that made me glad that 50% of the population dont carry guns in australia
That is truely a sad story. The fact that you let a piece of shit get away so he can rob or hurt some other innocent person at a later date, saddens me to no end.
jord
+2,382|6692|The North, beyond the wall.

lowing wrote:

jord wrote:

Why did this turn into a gun debate... As much as I love them.

If I was going to burgle a house in the US. Firstly, I would wait until the owners leave (You know, like everywhere else). Secondly, I would arm myself and plan accordingly, knowing that the home owner could have a pistol. I would take a shotgun. Then once the house has been burgled the home owner beefs up their weapons supply, in the form of a rifle.

And so the mini arms race continues. All the while people are getting shot to death for the sake of their 42" plasma tv and box set of "Absolutely Fabulous".
So OBVIOUSLY the thing to do is just let someone rob you. That way, no one gets hurt and material possessions are not worth a life anyway. Not to mention the fact the cops should be there in 45 minutes to an hour to either A) tape off your body, or B) take a full report as to what happened.

Good stuff,
I've defending myself multiple times against robbers and attackers and came out fine. Because they didn't have guns.

A Muslim tried to rob me once, if this makes my point more appealing and exciting.
jord

imortal wrote:

jord wrote:

If I was going to burgle a house in the US. Firstly, I would wait until the owners leave (You know, like everywhere else). Secondly, I would arm myself and plan accordingly, knowing that the home owner could have a pistol. I would take a shotgun. Then once the house has been burgled the home owner beefs up their weapons supply, in the form of a rifle.
Well, you would have fun with my alarm system.  While you wait for the police to arrive, you can oocupy yourself by trying to get into my two gun safes (which are bolted to the house); one with my unloaded firearms, and the other with my loaded pistol.

Also, here in Texas, carrying a firearm in the commssion of a crime adds about another 10-20 years to your sentance.
Why would I try to get into your gun safe when I've come prepared. Re read my damn post before you go karma ing Lowing making yourself feel like your fucking right, get off your 18 hands high horse.

Big horse they are.

Last edited by jord (2008-09-18 16:40:04)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

jord wrote:

lowing wrote:

jord wrote:

Why did this turn into a gun debate... As much as I love them.

And so the mini arms race continues. All the while people are getting shot to death for the sake of their 42" plasma tv and box set of "Absolutely Fabulous".
So OBVIOUSLY the thing to do is just let someone rob you. That way, no one gets hurt and material possessions are not worth a life anyway. Not to mention the fact the cops should be there in 45 minutes to an hour to either A) tape off your body, or B) take a full report as to what happened.

Good stuff,
I've defending myself multiple times against robbers and attackers and came out fine. Because they didn't have guns.

A Muslim tried to rob me once, if this makes my point more appealing and exciting.
Maybe if ya shot them that woulda been the end of robbery attempts at the jord household.

Also I find it funny that I have never been robbed in my adult life and you have, several times? Wow, and I thought it was safer over there than it was here. Hmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by lowing (2008-09-18 16:42:28)

jord

lowing wrote:

jord wrote:

lowing wrote:

Good stuff,

Maybe if ya shot them that woulda been the end of robbery attempts at the jord household.
I would rather beat the shit out of them and not have a death on my conscience thanks
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

jord wrote:

imortal wrote:

jord wrote:

Well, you would have fun with my alarm system.  While you wait for the police to arrive, you can oocupy yourself by trying to get into my two gun safes (which are bolted to the house); one with my unloaded firearms, and the other with my loaded pistol.

Also, here in Texas, carrying a firearm in the commssion of a crime adds about another 10-20 years to your sentance.
Why would I try to get into your gun safe when I've come prepared. Re read my damn post before you go karma ing Lowing making yourself feel like your fucking right, get off your 18 hands high horse.

Big horse they are.
what are you doing reading MY karma? Mind your own business. It is like reading my mail
jord

lowing wrote:

jord wrote:

imortal wrote:

Big horse they are.
what are you doing reading MY karma? Mind your own business. It is like reading my mail
Welcome to my world. Hated this new system, I want to see all my karma's. I don't care about my last 50...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6689|Canberra, AUS
Um... pages?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA
oops here comes Spark, quick hide!!!
jord
Lowing. I am going to override all your posts with my superior text.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6167|what

lowing wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

my house has been attempted to be robbed. guy jumos back fence trys to comes in backdoor. i see him grab a cricket bat run over there and his already piss bolted. that was an experience that made me glad that 50% of the population dont carry guns in australia
That is truely a sad story. The fact that you let a piece of shit get away so he can rob or hurt some other innocent person at a later date, saddens me to no end.
Holy shit lowing. He chases of a criminal and you think it's sad that he did not kill the guy? I suppose this is the reason you want guns owned by everyone. So that criminals get killed. I wonder how many home owners would be brutally killed in a world like that.

You know nothing about the robber, he could have been trying to steal a loaf of bread for his starving family. He could have wanted money to pay off a drug habit.

Either way, he didn't have a gun because of tighter gun laws in Australia. You might think if a criminal wants a gun he gets one, but it's never that easy.

I for one am glad LbJ managed to frighten away the robber, without the exchange of gunfire.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6163|'straya

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

my house has been attempted to be robbed. guy jumos back fence trys to comes in backdoor. i see him grab a cricket bat run over there and his already piss bolted. that was an experience that made me glad that 50% of the population dont carry guns in australia
Holy shit lowing. He chases of a criminal and you think it's sad that he did not kill the guy? I suppose this is the reason you want guns owned by everyone. So that criminals get killed. I wonder how many home owners would be brutally killed in a world like that.

You know nothing about the robber, he could have been trying to steal a loaf of bread for his starving family. He could have wanted money to pay off a drug habit.

Either way, he didn't have a gun because of tighter gun laws in Australia. You might think if a criminal wants a gun he gets one, but it's never that easy.

I for one am glad LbJ managed to frighten away the robber, without the exchange of gunfire.
Thanks.

so lowing, was i supposed to chase that guy down the street and pull a citizens arrest on his ass? good idea then he could have sued me and he wouldnt need to rob anyone anymore because id have paid out thousands of dollars to him. fun.

i believe it is the police's job to catch criminals.... i called the police, the guy that tried to rob my house was caught like 2 days later trying to break in again. problem solved without shooting him. wow thats strange isnt it?

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2008-09-18 19:58:04)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

yeah ok, he shoulda shot his ass

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how the think WE are in danger living in the US when jord admits he gets robbed all the time.

Last edited by lowing (2008-09-18 21:29:33)

oChaos.Haze
+90|6452
This has got to be one of the most retarded posts I have seen on here for a while.  Anyone with a decent head on their shoulders, YES EVEN EXTREMIST SF LIBERALS, if they HAVE A DECENT HEAD ON THEIR SHOULDERS, would find this disturbing. 

Lowing, your conclusions you draw can get so ridiculous.  In your ideology then, all religious right conservatives agree with the Westboro idiots who picket soldier's funerals.   You take a tiny extreme point of view, and tie it to a general mass of people that it just doesn't belong to. 

GG

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-09-18 23:00:53)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

oChaos.Haze wrote:

This has got to be one of the most retarded posts I have seen on here for a while.  Anyone with a decent head on their shoulders, YES EVEN EXTREMIST SF LIBERALS, if they HAVE A DECENT HEAD ON THEIR SHOULDERS, would find this disturbing. 

Lowing, your conclusions you draw can get so ridiculous.  In your ideology then, all religious right conservatives agree with the Westboro idiots who picket soldier's funerals.   You take a tiny extreme point of view, and tie it to a general mass of people that it just doesn't belong to. 

GG
Is there any chance you might explain what the hell you are talking about?
oChaos.Haze
+90|6452

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how the think WE are in danger living in the US when jord admits he gets robbed all the time.
That's because it doesn't happen in the "we're better than you, drive our SUV's to soccer practice, and our biggest worry is what color our next paint on our wall should be" world.  Go anywhere that's low income in America, and you will see people who get robbed everyday.

That's what I love most about poeple like you.  Your world, that you are fortunate enough to live in, HAS to be the same world that anyone else lives in, when it's not.  If you don't stop and thank god for being born a white male in the US, then you are taking what you have for granted.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-09-18 23:07:37)

oChaos.Haze
+90|6452

lowing wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

GG
Do I really need to?  What, once someone gives a rational answer to the question you posed earlier you magically can't understand it?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

oChaos.Haze wrote:

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

That's because it doesn't happen in the "we're better than you, drive our SUV's to soccer practice, and our biggest worry is what color our next paint on our wall should be" world.  Go anywhere that's low income in America, and you will see people who get robbed everyday.

That's what I love most about poeple like you.  Your world, that you are fortunate enough to live in, HAS to be the same world that anyone else lives in, when it's not.  If you don't stop and thank god once a day for being born a white male in the US, then you are taking what you have for granted.
I see, so I am fortunate, that is akin to "lucky" ain't it? I wonder how fortunate or lucky I would be if I had not applied myself and refused failure as an option in my life.

By the way, if I had my choice  Iwould rather have been born Oprah, or Cosby rather than a middle class white male. I suppose they were just fortunate and lucky as well though. No need for any application on their part to acquire their fortunes I am sure.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

oChaos.Haze wrote:

lowing wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

GG
Do I really need to?  What, once someone gives a rational answer to the question you posed earlier you magically can't understand it?
yes please do,  I would not have asked if I didn't need to understand your rant in order to respond to it.
TrueMusou
+36|6175|United States Of Hamerica

lowing wrote:

I see, so I am fortunate, that is akin to "lucky" ain't it? I wonder how fortunate or lucky I would be if I had not applied myself and refused failure as an option in my life.

By the way, if I had my choice  Iwould rather have been born Oprah, or Cosby rather than a middle class white male. I suppose they were just fortunate and lucky as well though. No need for any application on their part to acquire their fortunes I am sure.
Haha I love how this guy spins one argument into another one.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

TrueMusou wrote:

lowing wrote:

I did? I thought I addressed his post.

Where ya been? Still searching for that evidence that SF is a moderate city that has a history of pro-military relations?

Last edited by lowing (2008-09-18 23:19:07)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA
It is ok, I know it has been a week or so but I will just wait to hear from ya. Take all the time ya need.

Last edited by lowing (2008-09-18 23:26:48)

TrueMusou
+36|6175|United States Of Hamerica

lowing wrote:

TrueMusou wrote:

lowing wrote:

Where ya been? Still searching for that evidence that SF is a moderate city that has a history of pro-military relations?
HAHA oh geez, I'm starting to take a liking to your antics. For one I'm still surprised you've managed to get on people's nerves enough to have em keep this thread alive.

To address the post in question. Why did you bring race into the equation? You could have easily mentioned ANY well off individual, but for some reason, in that lowing mind of yours, you had to mention African Americans in comparison to yourself. I will not draw the conclusion here as for why you made such a comparison, I'll leave it to others.

I've dropped the SF argument a while back. Good to see you're still on the ball for both of us. I didn't feel the need to explain my view any further to you cause I didn't need to prove any more than I already had. If you didn't want to accept it, fine. I still sleep sound at night. Lucky me, right?

You may think you're quite a unique free thinking individual who has thoroughly thought through what you say and present to the world. But on the contrary. There's many people out there like yourself. YOU'RE problem is being helplessly thickheaded. I've dealt with many people like you and I won't waste my time with these people. You go right on ahead and preach to the world your righteous ideas cause we all know their flawless and should be law of the land because it came from your mind.

I wish you luck in digging yourself further and further into this hole. Who knows? Couple of more pages in this thread and you'd be in Russia...or god forbid, CHINA!

Cheers and enjoy the company of the people that decided to humor you in your, oh so, colorful debates. I will have to take my leave early back to the land of reality. Don't worry though, I'll be sure to take seat as a spectators to your shananigans.

Edit:

lowing wrote:

It is ok, I know it has been a week or so but I will just wait to hear from ya. Take all the time ya need.
HAHA oh geez I love this guy. He's sitting there waiting for a new post like a fat kid waiting for the ice cream truck. ^Eat up tubby, eat up.

Last edited by TrueMusou (2008-09-18 23:37:48)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6666|USA

TrueMusou wrote:

lowing wrote:

TrueMusou wrote:

HAHA oh geez, I'm starting to take a liking to your antics. For one I'm still surprised you've managed to get on people's nerves enough to have em keep this thread alive.

To address the post in question. Why did you bring race into the equation? You could have easily mentioned ANY well off individual, but for some reason, in that lowing mind of yours, you had to mention African Americans in comparison to yourself. I will not draw the conclusion here as for why you made such a comparison, I'll leave it to others.

I've dropped the SF argument a while back. Good to see you're still on the ball for both of us. I didn't feel the need to explain my view any further to you cause I didn't need to prove any more than I already had. If you didn't want to accept it, fine. I still sleep sound at night. Lucky me, right?

You may think you're quite a unique free thinking individual who has thoroughly thought through what you say and present to the world. But on the contrary. There's many people out there like yourself. YOU'RE problem is being helplessly thickheaded. I've dealt with many people like you and I won't waste my time with these people. You go right on ahead and preach to the world your righteous ideas cause we all know their flawless and should be law of the land because it came from your mind.

I wish you luck in digging yourself further and further into this hole. Who knows? Couple of more pages in this thread and you'd be in Russia...or god forbid, CHINA!

Cheers and enjoy the company of the people that decided to humor you in your, oh so, colorful debates. I will have to take my leave early back to the land of reality. Don't worry though, I'll be sure to take seat as a spectators to your shananigans.

Edit:

lowing wrote:

HAHA oh geez I love this guy. He's sitting there waiting for a new post like a fat kid waiting for the ice cream truck. ^Eat up tubby, eat up.
Well, first I didn't make a racial statement I was addressing the poster who said I was lucky to be born a WHITE male. I merely pointed out the fact race has nothing to do with luck. It was action and responsibility. I used Oprah and Cosby well, because they were NOT white males and still managed to do better than 99.9% of all white males.

I can understand why you dropped the SF argument, you really didn't have a choice. I am sure you attempted to come up with something to prove me wrong though. SF is anti-military and its history proves it, your opinion does not prove the contrary.

I do not think of myself as anything special at all, I also do not think I am influential. This is a gaming forum and it has a debate section. I doubt anyone on here is changing the world with their opinions.

However, it is obvious some take this a little more seriously than others...so try and get over yourself and stop taking things so seriously.

Last edited by lowing (2008-09-18 23:51:00)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6689|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

TrueMusou wrote:

lowing wrote:

Edit:

lowing wrote:

Well, first I didn't make a racial statement I was addressing the poster who said I was lucky to be born a WHITE male. I merely pointed out the fact race has nothing to do with luck. It was action and responsibility. I used Oprah and Cosby well, because they were NOT white males and still managed to do better than 99.9% of all white males.
Yes, because they worked hard and got the right deck. Not everyone who works hard gets such a payoff, luck is a big factor.

Put it this way... you can't get forward without hard work. But you can certainly go backwards even with hard work.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard