SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6774|Scotland!!!
hi guys,

on my gfx card i gots a blue (VGA) port an a white (DVI) port, i got this LCD into the VGA port an all is fine. aha but, i have a old monitor in my bed room (its VGA) that id like to use as a 2nd monitor,    im just wondering if it would work ok as a 2nd monitor using the VGA - DVI "dongle" / "adaptor" that i got with the gfx acrd (geforce 6800gt AGP)       so....   would it be ok guys.....
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6835|Finland
Maybe you should test it?
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6774|Scotland!!!
maby i should but id have to turn the pc off, get the old monitor out bla bla bla, id just like to know if it would work so that when i get it out ill know
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

SAS-Lynx wrote:

hi guys,

on my gfx card i gots a blue (VGA) port an a white (DVI) port, i got this LCD into the VGA port an all is fine. aha but, i have a old monitor in my bed room (its VGA) that id like to use as a 2nd monitor,    im just wondering if it would work ok as a 2nd monitor using the VGA - DVI "dongle" / "adaptor" that i got with the gfx acrd (geforce 6800gt AGP)       so....   would it be ok guys.....
should be.
just set up windows to use the second monitor wiht your gfx card software and away you go.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)

SAS-Lynx wrote:

hi guys,

In a word, well three - yes, most probably.
SuB
+50|6673
it will work, but don't expect to play over 2 screens in bf2.. it won't work.. i tried it on my dual 19" LCD's... it just wont open
evillbill
+-1|6733|West Oz

SAS-Lynx wrote:

hi guys,

Be careful, when you go to play most games they don't like the second monitor there. Major wedge time. I eventually gave up and went back to a single monitor. However if you are not a forgetful git like me and remember to disable the second monitor, it can work fine.

One thing though. Windows is pretty dumb. If you do get rid of the second monitor, windows will sometimes open a window on it, even though it isn't there. So you get the icon show up in the task bar but no window. Changing the screen res back and forth can sometimes get it back. My mail did that for ages.
SuB
+50|6673
get hold of a nifty program called Ultramon this gets rid of the "open on other monitor" problem and gives you SO much more control over it too
i can have my second screen sat doing whatever it wants while i play games i've got Dualview setup on my 7800gt and i can sit a website or whatever i want for those 15 seconds if i die and just catch up while i wait for the next person to enter my crosshairs pretty nifty lol
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6803|Portland, OR, USA

evillbill wrote:

SAS-Lynx wrote:

hi guys,

Be careful, when you go to play most games they don't like the second monitor there. Major wedge time. I eventually gave up and went back to a single monitor. However if you are not a forgetful git like me and remember to disable the second monitor, it can work fine.
What are you talking about? I've been running a second monitor for years and play all my games with the 2nd one on. I keep an eye on TS and IRC with it. Works perfectly fine.

And yes, SuB is right, Ultramon is a must have.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6774|Scotland!!!
cheers guys

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard