White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland
A few nights ago, my friend Kimberley phoned me at about 3:30 am. I knew she had been out drinking as she was texting me drunk from the club she was in. As soon as I answered she was crying softly down the phone, she told me she had woke up in the woods with no clothes on. She had no idea how she got there, the last thing she remembers was passing out in the club. She remembered vaguely drinking with some Polish guys.

She had been walking for an hour before she rang me, she couldn't seen the city lights of Inverness, which are very hard to miss given the size of the place. So she was scared out of her wits. She said she was scared then the phone cut off. I tried phoning back constantly for 10 minutes and it would go to voicemail, she picked up after ten minutes and was a lot more different. The first time she sounded drunk. But the second time I couldn't understand much of what she said. And she was taking short breaths. She said she had felt tired so had went to sleep. That's why she hung up. The way she was speaking sounded straight away to me like she had been drugged. It just all pointed that way from the waking up with no clothes on etc etc.

After a while of trying to find out what the surroundings looked like, I decided to phone the police. I hung up and phoned the police and explained everything. They said they would get back to me and that they could trace her. I phoned Kim to tell her this, but she was in another call.

I phoned a bit later and got through to her, she was crying but was understandable. She told me she was home now. She had found a road and a woman had stopped and taken her home.

Fastforward to today, we were ice skating when the police phoned her. Telling her they had caught 2 Polish men in connection with it, they couldn't press charges "Because they denied it and we couldn't find a third man" a court date was set to September 2009... over a year away. And until then they men are on bail.

She told them straight, asking how they could live with themselves etc or explain to the family, if they struck again with another girl... maybe killing her.

She was told "In future try to wear more clothing"... these are direct quoutes of what they said... why the hell should she have to not wear a skirt because their are sick twisted men who excuse me, but weren't even born here. Part of the reason the court date is so far forward is because it will take ages for the Polish criminal records to be checked in Poland we were told.

Anyway rant over, I had to put it into words to sum it all up for myself.

I was just wondering if anyone could give any advice on this? anyone had experience in the police force etc or whatever. Is this right? because they denied it are they supposed to be allowed to just wander the streets freely?

I think it's bang out of order.

Last edited by White-Fusion (2008-08-31 12:10:28)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

not for nothing, but women have had a tendency of getting drunk and then saying they were raped, when really they are just trying to make themselves feel like a victim.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL
This is why I don't drink, and advise my girlfriend to do the same.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

usmarine wrote:

not for nothing, but women have had a tendency of getting drunk and then saying they were raped, when really they are just trying to make themselves feel like a victim.
I knew you would say something like this. Kimberley is one of my best friends. She doesn't do stuff like this, she doesn't even get that drunk really. She passed out after not too much drink. We both think due to drugs but this may be not the case, we can't exactly prove it.
SealXo
+309|6535
If she cant remember how does she know she wasnt down for it. There wernt any physical beatings correct?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command

S.Lythberg wrote:

Afraid of getting raped?
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

SealXo wrote:

If she cant remember how does she know she wasnt down for it. There wernt any physical beatings correct?
This is probs why they aren't locking them up. But due to the fact she wasn't that drunk, she remembers feelign sleepy and passing out, then waking up next to a river, a faint memory of tents. And then she ran.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL

ATG wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Afraid of getting raped?
not personally, but I don't enjoy babysitting my friends
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
Sadly a pathetic number of rape cases actually go through to a conviction and proper 'justice'. It's simply too hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt and so thus justice is not often found. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's ordeal but there really isn't much that the police or justice system can do.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SealXo
+309|6535

White-Fusion wrote:

SealXo wrote:

This is probs why they aren't locking them up. But due to the fact she wasn't that drunk, she remembers feelign sleepy and passing out, then waking up next to a river, a faint memory of tents. And then she ran.
Don't poll's have a huge sex trafficing thing in europe?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

White-Fusion wrote:

I knew you would say something like this. Kimberley is one of my best friends.
now you hold on there.  first off, what i said has been proven time and time again.  second, you are bias because she is your friend.  so wtf do you want me to say eh?  let me know so i can agree with you.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

Uzique wrote:

Sadly a pathetic number of rape cases actually go through to a conviction and proper 'justice'. It's simply too hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt and so thus justice is not often found. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's ordeal but there really isn't much that the police or justice system can do.
Thank you man, at least someone apart from me is sympathetic to it all. Her mum laughed at her and said it was her fault. Her supposed boyfriend did the same. Her best friend was upset but didn't do that much. The police weren't that concerned. Just feels like I'm the only one caring about her.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

usmarine wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

now you hold on there.  first off, what i said has been proven time and time again.  second, you are bias because she is your friend.  so wtf do you want me to say eh?  let me know so i can agree with you.
I expect you to believe me because after knowing her half my life I can vouch she wouldn't do a thing like this. She isn't the girl to do anything like that. Maybe it has been proven for girls to say, but not every single girl.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

White-Fusion wrote:

usmarine wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

I expect you to believe me because after knowing her half my life I can vouch she wouldn't do a thing like this. She isn't the girl to do anything like that. Maybe it has been proven for girls to say, but not every single girl.
i didnt say every single girl.

but lets be honest for a second.  you have to take emotion out of this to look at it correctly, and you cant do that.

what do you always see in interviews on TV?  "My son couldnt do that" or "He seemed like a nice guy" or "I know my son, he is innocent"  when in fact, they were guilty.  thats all i am saying.
------------------------------------------------------
now, enough of that.

did she go get a rape kit done?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK
Was she out on her own? Why wasn't she with friends. A girl shouldn't go out on her own tbh. Its the exact kind of target guys like this are after. Its pretty much the only way they can protect themselves from shit like this.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

usmarine wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i didnt say every single girl.

but lets be honest for a second.  you have to take emotion out of this to look at it correctly, and you cant do that.

what do you always see in interviews on TV?  "My son couldnt do that" or "He seemed like a nice guy" or "I know my son, he is innocent"  when in fact, they were guilty.  thats all i am saying.
------------------------------------------------------
now, enough of that.

did she go get a rape kit done?
Ok that's fair enough I guess. She got home at about 4:45 am. Was obviously distraught, covered in mud with cuts and scratches so she had a long bath etc. She wanted to forget about the whole thing etc and get on with it, after a few baths and a few days will a "rape kit" still find anything?

I don't know what they are or how they work etc.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon

White-Fusion wrote:

She had been walking for an hour before she rang me,
she wasnt drugged, ill tell you that right now.

be very careful in these situations.
if she were serious, she needed to get to the hospital and get a rape kit done. THAT provides evidence that something happened...period.

either way, good luck.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

no.  rape kit is damn near useless now.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

Vilham wrote:

Was she out on her own? Why wasn't she with friends. A girl shouldn't go out on her own tbh. Its the exact kind of target guys like this are after. Its pretty much the only way they can protect themselves from shit like this.
She with a guy friend, but he left for some reason. I have forced her to have a friend with her at all times when she goes out from now on.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

White-Fusion wrote:

Vilham wrote:

She with a guy friend, but he left for some reason. I have forced her to have a friend with her at all times when she goes out from now on.
He is a moron then.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon

usmarine wrote:

but the police would have required this for a report, wouldnt you think?

or at the very least, urged her to get one done...
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

Parker wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

She had been walking for an hour before she rang me,
she wasnt drugged, ill tell you that right now.

be very careful in these situations.
if she were serious, she needed to get to the hospital and get a rape kit done. THAT provides evidence that something happened...period.

either way, good luck.
She wasn't walking normally, she staggered through the "forest" or wherever she was. Walked thought branches etc where she got most of the scratches. But yeah, maybe after been drugged you couldn't walk at all. She had been out of it for about 4 hours.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Parker wrote:

usmarine wrote:

she took a bath or whatever.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-08-31 12:28:02)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Go to the authorities. They probably have "rape kits". At the very least they can probably help her with counseling no matter what the circumstance.

I say probably because what is true here may not be true in your country.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6551|Scotland

usmarine wrote:

Parker wrote:

usmarine wrote:

she took a bath or whatever.
Yeah she took many baths over the last few days. It looks like nothing will come of this, as Seal says it's practically impossible to prove with them denying it, only 2 out of 3 people. No rape kit done etc. That's the harsh reality.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard