Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

XxRavenxX wrote:

Spoiler (highlight to read):
anyone else get when you get the gouls into tenpenny tower the peacefull way they just kill everyone anyway?
No...I convinced Tenpenny to let me convince the residents to let them stay, and I did successfully. I left, came back, and a whole shitload of ghouls were in formal attire and thanking Roy Phillips and I. What route did you take?
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

XxRavenxX wrote:

anyone else get when you get the gouls into tenpenny tower the peacefull way they just kill everyone anyway?
Fallout wiki tells me that that always happens. Idk.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6741

What about skype tim?
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6232
This might be a really dumb question, but if someone catches you pick-pocketing them, can they take stuff from you?  I haven't pick-pocketed a lot in this game because my first character was evil and if I wanted something, I'd just shoot whoever had it.  But yesterday I was pick-pocketing Moira Brown and after I took some caps, she caught me.  Normally I wouldn't care, but I noticed that my Ol' Painless was gone.  So I ask Moira to trade, which she agrees to less than a minute after she caught me trying to steal from her, and guess what that cunt had for sale.  My fucking rifle (as well as a lot of ammo and other random stuff I happened to have). 

Maybe I'm just stupid that it took me 90+ hours of gameplay to figure this out, but if getting caught pick-pocketing lets someone have carte-blanche in your inventory, what the fuck is the point of it?

Last edited by sexecuti0ner (2009-02-05 12:13:34)

Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
yay 100% completed
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6194|Schofield Barracks

sexecuti0ner wrote:

This might be a really dumb question, but if someone catches you pick-pocketing them, can they take stuff from you?  I haven't pick-pocketed a lot in this game because my first character was evil and if I wanted something, I'd just shoot whoever had it.  But yesterday I was pick-pocketing Moira Brown and after I took some caps, she caught me.  Normally I wouldn't care, but I noticed that my Ol' Painless was gone.  So I ask Moira to trade, which she agrees to less than a minute after she caught me trying to steal from her, and guess what that cunt had for sale.  My fucking rifle (as well as a lot of ammo and other random stuff I happened to have). 

Maybe I'm just stupid that it took me 90+ hours of gameplay to figure this out, but if getting caught pick-pocketing lets someone have carte-blanche in your inventory, what the fuck is the point of it?
whenever i get caught it just exits out of the pick pocket thing.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

sexecuti0ner wrote:

don't get caught.  with a high pickpocketing skill i rarely get caught.  usually they take back what you just took from them...i wonder why she took something that belonged to you.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
sexecuti0ner
+148|6232

haffeysucks wrote:

don't get caught.  with a high pickpocketing skill i rarely get caught.  usually they take back what you just took from them...i wonder why she took something that belonged to you.
My sneak is at 100 and I forgot to mention it earlier, but I was also using a Stealth Boy when I pick-pocketed her.  Maybe it's a PS3 glitch or something.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
This game needs more quests
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

Mekstizzle wrote:

This game needs more quests
Definitely. Was massively disappointed in how lacking in content it is for an RPG.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
i have a 100 repair skill its great, all of my stuff is 100% cnd and barley goes down in cnd.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

sexecuti0ner wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

My sneak is at 100 and I forgot to mention it earlier, but I was also using a Stealth Boy when I pick-pocketed her.  Maybe it's a PS3 glitch or something.
that's weird.  was her guard around?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
fuck tenpenny tower.  If only a priveledged few can have it, whether ghouls or elitist snob humans, I say screw them all.  I just murdered the gouls after they murdered the humans.  Especially when Roy threatened me after I helped him.  What a piece of shit. 
sexecuti0ner
+148|6232

haffeysucks wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

that's weird.  was her guard around?
If by around you mean standing next to the Work Bench with one foot on the wall like the wannabe Marlboro man asshole he is, then yes.  But oddly, when I went into her shop, she was upstairs, so that's where the attempted theft occurred. 

On a side note, did anyone else play "Gregok the Terrible" or whatever it's called in the beta testing center of Hubris comics?  I played through it expecting some sort of prize for beating it.  It was still a funny little thing that they put in the game.  Little stuff like that and the fan mail in other computers is what makes this game great.  That and the ability to blow someone's limbs and head off with a single shot.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
What's an easy way to raise karma? I kinda killed all the water beggars and the heads of the churches in Megaton and Rivet City...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

What's an easy way to raise karma? I kinda killed all the water beggars and the heads of the churches in Megaton and Rivet City...
i was gonna say donate money to the church at megaton. thats what i do. try to kill people who are evil.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

This game is so easy to choose between good and bad, you shouldn't have any problem requiring good or bad overall karma if you start a game with the mindset of going down either route. Neutral, however, that's where the challenge probably arises. All I know is that there is a good ending, which I got, and a bad ending, which I'm going towards doing now (aswell as getting all the trophies this time) and......is there a neutral/3rd ending?

meh, who cares about the endings anyway, they're all shit regardless and the game just ends there

A good dose of good karma is to go into Paradise Falls. Annihiliate every single slaver and then free all the slaves

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-02-05 16:49:47)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

What level are you? Get the lawbringer perk. Every bad person you kill (slavers, raiders, etc) has a finger on them which you can bring to a location which is revealed to you once you have the perk. For every finger you return, you get 5 caps (adds up, don't worry) and a bit of good karma.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

Mekstizzle wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

This game is so easy to choose between good and bad, you shouldn't have any problem requiring good or bad overall karma if you start a game with the mindset of going down either route. Neutral, however, that's where the challenge probably arises. All I know is that there is a good ending, which I got, and a bad ending, which I'm going towards doing now (aswell as getting all the trophies this time) and......is there a neutral/3rd ending?

meh, who cares about the endings anyway, they're all shit regardless and the game just ends there

A good dose of good karma is to go into Paradise Falls. Annihiliate every single slaver and then free all the slaves
There is a neutral ending
Lyons goes in instead of you
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Poseidon wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

What level are you? Get the lawbringer perk. Every bad person you kill (slavers, raiders, etc) has a finger on them which you can bring to a location which is revealed to you once you have the perk. For every finger you return, you get 5 caps (adds up, don't worry) and a bit of good karma.
if you get that perk go to the Arlington home and there will be a guy there you kill him get both fingers and you can sell one for 1000 caps and alot of good karma. (according to fallout 3 wiki)
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
DLC delayed. The Pitt (Pittsburgh, accessed via magically still existing railway) isn't until March, Broken Steel (Join the BoS, level cap goes to 30) isn't until April.

This actually isn't too bad, because now my DLC will be spread out. GTA IV: The Lost and Damned will be this month, The Pitt will be next month, and Broken Steel will be April for my birthday.

http://kotaku.com/5148578/both-fallout- … ks-delayed

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-02-06 19:08:05)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6406|NSW, Australia

Poseidon wrote:

XxRavenxX wrote:

No...I convinced Tenpenny to let me convince the residents to let them stay, and I did successfully. I left, came back, and a whole shitload of ghouls were in formal attire and thanking Roy Phillips and I. What route did you take?
i did the peaceful resolution to let the ghouls move in
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

XxRavenxX wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

XxRavenxX wrote:

it was much, much better having the ghouls come in and rip the place to shreds. Plus your given a ghoul mask to blend in and wearing it prevents ghoul attacks later in the game. Plus it looks like you wear the face of your enemies like they were a scalped victim gone wrong. lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
No actually it's more fun to go and blast the fucking ghoul freaks to bits and leave the place nice and clean for humans

I don't want a ghoul mask, I want to blast as many of them as possible

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-02-07 16:59:51)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

TheAussieReaper wrote:

XxRavenxX wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

it was much, much better having the ghouls come in and rip the place to shreds. Plus your given a ghoul mask to blend in and wearing it prevents ghoul attacks later in the game. Plus it looks like you wear the face of your enemies like they were a scalped victim gone wrong. lol
You get the Ghoul Mask if you convince the residents to let the Ghouls move in as well, plus caps from Tenpenny.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard