FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Rosse_modest wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Anybody here play either of the first two Fallout RPGs?
Played both when they originally came out, why?
Uhm,, I think he wants a F1 & F2 player's opinion on the 3rd game
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6750|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

Rosse_modest wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Anybody here play either of the first two Fallout RPGs?
Small, bland, boring.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Brasso
+1,549|6638

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Rosse_modest wrote:

Small, bland, boring.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6750|FUCK UBISOFT

haffeysucks wrote:

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Small, bland, boring.
Relatively.

Fallout 3 was great, but in comparison to the original 2 or Oblivion, it had incredibly little substance.

I'm sure all the fanboys will come flame the shit out of me, but that's because they've never played an RPG before in their shitty little lives.
Rosse_modest
+76|6784|Antwerp, Flanders

Miggle wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Small, bland, boring.
Relatively.

Fallout 3 was great, but in comparison to the original 2 or Oblivion, it had incredibly little substance.

I'm sure all the fanboys will come flame the shit out of me, but that's because they've never played an RPG before in their shitty little lives.
I partly share this view - F3's a good game, but it's just really average compared to Interplay's first two episodes - the world and story in F3 just isn't as expansive or interesting and it tries to make up for that by mixing in the first person shooter element.

Where I don't agree is with Oblivion - that was a total waste of the dvd discs and boxes if you ask me. Not worth its weight in paper and plastic - Fallout 3 is definitely better than that.
FloppY_
­

Rosse_modest wrote:

Miggle wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Relatively.

I partly share this view - F3's a good game, but it's just really average compared to Interplay's first two episodes - the world and story in F3 just isn't as expansive or interesting and it tries to make up for that by mixing in the first person shooter element.

Where I don't agree is with Oblivion - that was a total waste of the dvd discs and boxes if you ask me. Not worth its weight in paper and plastic - Fallout 3 is definitely better than that.
Imho the "first person shooter element" makes far, far better than the original fallouts, it gives you a sence of immersion that the originals could never provide (for me atleast, I got pretty bored when trying them)...
And there is really nothing like exploring the wasteland from a first person perspective...

The originals had allmost nothing that appealed to me...

And I'm no fanboy tbh
Rosse_modest
+76|6784|Antwerp, Flanders

FloppY_ wrote:

Rosse_modest wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Relatively.

Imho the "first person shooter element" makes far, far better than the original fallouts, it gives you a sence of immersion that the originals could never provide (for me atleast, I got pretty bored when trying them)...
And there is really nothing like exploring the wasteland from a first person perspective...

The originals had allmost nothing that appealed to me...

And I'm no fanboy tbh
Mind you, I think the first person shooter element is an improvement on the original top down view - but in this case it simply serves to compensate for a less interesting background story and world. And imo the latter is more important.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6673|NT, like Mick Dundee

Actually Miggle that's exactly what I was getting at.

I've played Fallout3 a fair bit now and well... It seems like the setting was used as some sort of excuse for having relatively shite RPG elements and...

Well, thin gameplay. It's a great game in it's own right and I really enjoy it but I just don't think Bethesda can do such a brilliant setting for games justice.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

haffeysucks wrote:

Ryan wrote:

I just got the game today, and I must say it is very different. I wasn't expecting to come flying out of a womb right at the start...
at least you found megaton...you did, right?  i went right past it at night and ended up in grayditch with fire breathing ants
lol Yea I'm in Megaton right now.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6750|FUCK UBISOFT

Rosse_modest wrote:

Miggle wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Relatively.

You may not have liked the gameplay, that's understandable, but Oblivion had so much more to do.

There were loads more weapons, more quests, more places to explore. After about 15 hours of Fallout I felt like I had done pretty much everything, I still don't feel that way about Oblivion after 85+ hours.
Reciprocity
+721|6589|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Who didn't enjoy exploring the same tunnels and ruins? Closing the same gates to oblivion, over and over?  And the 30, totally unique, totally worthless battle axes.

I enjoyed Oblivion, but I'm not gunna put it on some absurd pedestal.  And anyone who's only played for 15 hours hasn't done much.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6164|Vancouver | Canada
Well I finally tried this game.

Crashed every half hour, and was rather boring.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6240
I got this game for Christmas and I started to play it today.  It's pretty cool, but it gets too easy if you use that auto-shooting (V.A.T.?) so I've been trying not to use it unless I need a quick triple headshot.  I'm having a lot of fin with the game, but it seems to be rather glitchy.  I got a CTD-esc event (crashed to the PS start screen) twice within the first hour and the whole system crashed the first time I used the mini-gun. 

Oh- I can't be the only one who is extremely annoyed with that woman in the main town who is writing a book and making you do all the research, can I?  It's been a real test not to hack her into pieces with my Chinese Officers Sword.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6750|FUCK UBISOFT

Reciprocity wrote:

Who didn't enjoy exploring the same tunnels and ruins? Closing the same gates to oblivion, over and over?  And the 30, totally unique, totally worthless battle axes.

I enjoyed Oblivion, but I'm not gunna put it on some absurd pedestal.  And anyone who's only played for 15 hours hasn't done much.
I'm not trying to say oblivion is perfect, and yeah that stuff was all annoying. I especially hated the leveling system.

The game just had a lot more to do, even excluding oblivion gates, caves, and ayleid ruins (which I avoided) There were a lot of great quests, there were the guilds, there was a lot of shit to do.

I've been almost everywhere in Fallout 3, my only remaining quests are the main one Spoiler (highlight to read):
following liberty prime and the ones where I have to find a load of shit (Nuka Cola Quantum...) The game felt really short and unfinished, just another game churned out for quick money.

Compared to the other Fallouts, 3 was complete shit, but it was still pretty fun for the 30 or so hours I played it.

Last edited by Miggle (2008-12-27 07:38:23)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Oh- I can't be the only one who is extremely annoyed with that woman in the main town who is writing a book and making you do all the research, can I?  It's been a real test not to hack her into pieces with my Chinese Officers Sword.
You could always set off the nuke in Megaton.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

Flecco wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

That's what I did, and for those exact reasons. Lo and behold I return to Megaton and
Spoiler (highlight to read):
That bitch is still alive and still asking me to help her out!
Dookie0119
+43|5786

Miggle wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

I'm not trying to say oblivion is perfect, and yeah that stuff was all annoying. I especially hated the leveling system.

The game just had a lot more to do, even excluding oblivion gates, caves, and ayleid ruins (which I avoided) There were a lot of great quests, there were the guilds, there was a lot of shit to do.

I've been almost everywhere in Fallout 3, my only remaining quests are the main one Spoiler (highlight to read):
following liberty prime and the ones where I have to find a load of shit (Nuka Cola Quantum...) The game felt really short and unfinished, just another game churned out for quick money.

Compared to the other Fallouts, 3 was complete shit, but it was still pretty fun for the 30 or so hours I played it.
Fixed the spoiler
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6414|NSW, Australia

Flecco wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

you can always just convince her not to write the book
FloppY_
­

Flecco wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Only then
She appears as a ghoul in underworld and asks you to do the research anyway

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-12-27 04:09:31)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

You fackin srs FloppY?

I gotta see this.
FloppY_
­

Flecco wrote:

You fackin srs FloppY?

I gotta see this.
I haven't gone there personally..
(going to make an evil character soon as I am allmost discovered 100% of the map (going to enclave base next )

But all wiki's and such says she does

I believe she appears in the shop instead of that other ghoul girl...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-12-27 04:24:52)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York

FloppY_ wrote:

Flecco wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Only then
She appears as a ghoul in underworld and asks you to do the research anyway
There's a possibility of her dying and you fail the quest, though. I believe a message will come up saying "Moira has been killed by Raiders" and it'll say you failed the quest.
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6282|Outside your Back window
anyone whoes whining about f3 is a bitch, Go play oblivion if you like Swords and all that crap. Infact screww it go play WoW. F3 is a good game, much like snakes and ladders.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6750|FUCK UBISOFT

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

anyone whoes whining about f3 is a bitch, Go play oblivion if you like Swords and all that crap. Infact screww it go play WoW. F3 is a good game, much like snakes and ladders.
ever tried reading an argument before joining??
Dookie0119
+43|5786

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

rofl that just came out of nowhere

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard