dark110
+37|6632|Chicagoland
I heard somewhere that, because of the racists in the US, quite a few people will say that they will vote for Obama, but when it comes down to it, they wont be able to pull that lever, and might even vote for McCain. Furthermore, If he does win, he will have to have a big lead in the pre-vote polls, to cancel out that effect. It might have to be as high as 20 percentage points. Does anyone see the truth in that. It sounds (unfortunatly), pretty reasonable to me.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
Not really, no.
Roc18
`
+655|5801|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mystline18/various/n752092265_848224_5221.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6535|South Florida
strange - hes mixed but everyone calls him black.

hes as much white as he is black.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5975|London, England

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Roc18
`

Mitch wrote:

People call him black because he has black in him, but yeah alot of people always seem to ignore the fact that his mother is white.
Mutantbear

Roc18 wrote:

Mitch wrote:

People call him black because he has black in him, but yeah alot of people always seem to ignore the fact that his mother is white.
And shes the one he always talks about, the white part in him
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Mutantsteak wrote:

/facepalm
They were reporting what some people are saying.. which was true. They themselves weren't saying it. Context, check it out.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

just stop

The actual report that the screenshot was taken from has nothing to do with Obama/Biden. It is from an interview with Daniel Griswold of the CATO institute about NAFTA on Feb 29,2008. Look at the thumbnail used before the interview even plays. The actual part that was screencapped and edited is about 3/4 of the way in.

http://www.cato.org/videohighlights/ind … ight_id=36

1. It's the same man.
2. He wearing the same clothes.
3. His mouth is in the same position
4. The folds in the curtains behind him are the same.
5. The words on the ticker at the bottom of the screen are the exact same words and in identical positions.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

thought so
Mutantbear

Kmarion wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

/facepalm
They were reporting what some people are saying.. which was true. They themselves weren't saying it. Context, check it out.
Interesting, I'm glad they aren't that dumb over there
tuckergustav
+1,590|5923|...

oh...so photoshop?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6656
Yes, so many whites are secretly covering up their racism only to show their true colors on election day.

Damn those closet racists. Damn them to hell!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida
Any person who denies the existent of closet racists and the fact that there are still a lot of them out there is living in a fantasy world.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

tuckergustav wrote:

oh...so photoshop?
yup.  faghat interweb tools eat that shit up
tuckergustav
+1,590|5923|...

but really though...I would guess there are several people who would be ashamed(and should be) to admit that they will not be voting for him based on his skin color.  Just as there will be people who ma not vote for McCain based on the fact that if he dies(which...come on...he IS old...lol) then a woman will be president. 

People have prejudices that they have discovered are not socially accepted in some/many situations.  So, they keep it to themselves. and because the voting process is anonymous...they feel less pressured to be socially acceptable.  I am sure it happens more often than we would think.

I think I heard a radio show about people who lie about how they voted based on social pressures.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6656

Spearhead wrote:

Any person who denies the existent of closet racists and the fact that there are still a lot of them out there is living in a fantasy world.
Enough to be a significant part of the election I think not. You don't have to say you support Obama to cover it up anyways.

Closet racists aren't inflating the polls. It's silly to suggest they are. Down right silly.
Reciprocity
+721|6590|the dank(super) side of Oregon
chittydog
less busy
+586|6845|Kubra, Damn it!

Roc18 wrote:

Mitch wrote:

White people still make up 60% of the U.S. and people usually identify others by what makes them different. When he's visiting in Africa, they probably call him the white guy.
Roc18
`

chittydog wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Mitch wrote:

White people still make up 60% of the U.S. and people usually identify others by what makes them different. When he's visiting in Africa, they probably call him the white guy.
doubt it
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida

Roc18 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

doubt it
He's half white you know
tuckergustav
+1,590|5923|...

Roc18
`

Spearhead wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

doubt it
He's half white you know
That's what I just said, I'm just saying if he went to countries in  africa they would still call him black and not white like in the US
chittydog
less busy
+586|6845|Kubra, Damn it!

Roc18 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

doubt it
I've known a few black/white biracial people who get called white by their black relatives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard