Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6688
just wondering cause im in that situation i really want my damn g36e lol but i dont wanna pay over $40 dollars for a addon i dont wanna play just for some weapons

its around $46 dollars total for the addon thats too much if it was $20 then sure no problem (this is canadian money im talking about so no dumb american money posts)

Damn EA
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke
Yeah bought SF, and the new unlocks are certainly in major reason in me doing this (G36E kicks ASS) but you are also getting the new maps as well.  Admittedly I dont play them as much as I should do (karkand still my favourite map  ) but I have started to play them a bit more in last couple of weeks, and they are all good maps Iron Gator aint brillant imho but hey it a totally different style so fair enough. Why you not wanna play SF, anyway, ahve you tried it? Basically you got a desicion to make buy it or dont simple, no need to moan to us about it . 
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6756
Although I purchased the expansion mainly for the added city maps, due to the having to close and reopen the game between SF and BF2 maps, I mainly only use it for the G36E.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6688
hmmm so $46 dollars for me to play with the g36e is it worth it? haha
KnifeWhore
+1|6754|USA
yes
sparklet
Banned
+34|6748|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
beserk did u read my private message yet?
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6676|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
HAHA Dont hurt me ya'll but i only paid $15 american for Special Forces, it was around christmas time and i recieved a special offer code from EA store for $15 credit for anything at the EA store so i used it for special forces, so i ended up paying just over $15 including the shipping sadly enough though i still prefer to play BF2, i like special forces for the added maps and guns and espefcially the night vision and zip lines and grappling hooks and stuff but i got so used to BF2 and the stats i already have built up im not playing a whole lot of SF. But i will in time.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

i spent 10 dollars for mine

i got it for SF but I now i still would've bought it solely for unlocks.
Metaltop
+1|6763|The Netherlands
well you could log in at a friends computer and play 1 round of Special Forces on your account to get the unlocks.

That's the best thing to do if you only want the unlocks.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6688
damn you guys are lucky to get it for so cheap. Yeah sparklet pm me and offered to log into my account and unlock the weapons i want for me but im paranoid and dont know him so im kinda worried lol.

But will see he said his clan members do it for each other.

Damn i want that g36e
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)
I spent nothing on SF! And, yes, I do own a legal boxed copy - it was a gift.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6755

You get new maps, new vehicles, and new weapons...all for around $20-25 USD

Warlord is the new Karkand (great for snipers )...
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6776|Scotland!!!
i got special forces as a gift at christmas so i didnt pay for it, but if i had payd for it, it would of been for the unlocks mostly, but for the "sas team" an the maps caus there kick ass
Arkanon
+3|6696|London, UK
I like the maps, but not as much as the standard BF2 maps. Main problem for me is how slow SF runs on my machine. It disk thrashes like wild. Really makes playing pointless most of the time.

As for the unlocks, I have the support gunner's unlock, and the spec-ops unlock. I wouldn't pay money just for those. Is the G36E actually much better than the standard US assault rifle? The data in the Wiki makes them look fairly similar.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6755

Arkanon wrote:

I like the maps, but not as much as the standard BF2 maps. Main problem for me is how slow SF runs on my machine. It disk thrashes like wild. Really makes playing pointless most of the time.

As for the unlocks, I have the support gunner's unlock, and the spec-ops unlock. I wouldn't pay money just for those. Is the G36E actually much better than the standard US assault rifle? The data in the Wiki makes them look fairly similar.
I have a slowdown too--just turn your gfx down a bit if you plan on playing SF...

As far as the G36E, you obviously haven't played with it yet (or don't play medic much)
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6688
g36e is a very accurate weapon you can snipe with it with bursts ive only picked it up and used it a few times but that was enough to know i must have this weapon any one who doesnt have a m95 at longe range i always took em down.

Well i guess i'll just buy it its only 46 bucks it wont kill me

Oh and why does sf lag so much for you does it happend to every one?
Scorpion0x17
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

Oh and why does sf lag so much for you does it happend to every one?
Yes, it happens for everyone - SF asks much more of your system, so tends to lag more. Turning down the graphics is the easiest way to cure the problem.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

It costs me 30 bucks every ten or so hours I play BF2, and you're worried about $40 or so dollars for unlimited play? Hell, I'd go for it.

I want a decent computer so I don't have to go to the stupid iCafe...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

3 bucks an hour?

omg...

here it's 38 cents an hour for a cafe...
Arkanon
+3|6696|London, UK
Special Forces seems to need much more memory than Battlefield 2. I've only got 512MB of RAM, and BF2 runs pretty badly a lot of the time. But SF runs really badly. It's often like watching a flick-book, with half the pages missing. Really, really pointless. Even if I see an enemy in time, I get a slow-update clue as to how he killed me.

I don't care that I'm playing in low-res, with no lighting, shadows or anti-aliasing. But disk thrashing really pisses me off.
-=[MgC]=-Venom
+5|6787|Boussu
29€ for some stupid unlocks, I dont play sf because it is laggy.
canadianmadcow1701
+0|6703
just unlocked g36e...love it, i go to a cafe 2.50 an hour plus i own the damngame just cant play it yet..stupid gc

Last edited by canadianmadcow1701 (2006-01-23 21:08:24)

Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6705|Central Valley,California
My brother bought it and we installed it. Hah! He falls for my tricks again.
Damage
+0|6717
Ohh come on! We didn't buy it for the unlocks. We also paid for a patch.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

Damage wrote:

Ohh come on! We didn't buy it for the unlocks. We also paid for a patch.
And some maps. Half of which we can't even see properly!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard