KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6685|Dayton, Ohio
Also always use like a humvee to repair from so you can rack up a few kills and move from one repair to the next quickly.  I always seems like the repairs go quicker when you are in a vehical to.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6679|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
Got mine on Wake Island.Same guy kept coming by and blowing up the satellite and couldnt figure out why it got repaired so fast.I was hiding in the bunker right besides it.
Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6749|Branson, MO, USA
I got my Vet. Engineer badge on Warlord. I was SAS and two of the Insurgent doods were hell-bent on destroying our command assets. I kept going back and forth with them for about the last half of the round. I'd sit in an APC and kill them when I saw them, and park next to our dead assets. Sometimes I wouldn't see them drive up and they'd C4 me; I had to hunt them down and MP7 them, etc. etc. This went on for a good 10 minutes and I finally got my Vet. Engineer badge... I wasn't even trying for it

For the record, my original screenshot is me sitting in an APC with the award, but I wanted it to seem more authentic so I hopped out and brandished the mighty wrench for a second screenshot The APC in question is to my immediate right in that screenshot.
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6720
lol for me it was no prob to get that 10 points for the veteran i repaired the commander assets in the beginning of the game... all 4 on karkand.. gave me 5 points already
then drive the tank as a engineer and drive together with the apc
nuff said

Last edited by Sondar (2006-01-18 10:22:26)

INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6683|Denver, CO
if you want to do it a semi legit way, you could try this:

get a spec ops or spawn as one and blow up all the bridges.  then get an engineer to repair them all back...
Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6749|Branson, MO, USA

INCSOC wrote:

get a spec ops or spawn as one and blow up all the bridges.  then get an engineer to repair them all back...
I don't think you get repair points for bridges dood...
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6786|The Hague, Holland
I once hopped on a friendly tank in Karkand and wrenched like almost the entire round. Got like 30 repair points?
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6687|Stillwater, Ok
I got my veteran and should have had my expert repair. One round i got 27 repair points. Played on a 32 man Wake Island. They seemed to love blowing up all the goodies. So i just drove around in one of those buggies and repaired all em as fast as i could. Got the tanks that were damaged on the way to and from also. Its not hard to get the circumstanced just have to be right.
Badcow68
+4|6729|Tucson, AZ
Watched as a team mate got one on Ghost Town. He/she hide under the brigde by the SAS base and kept repairing it as the Spetz kept taking it out, got close to 25 team points in that round.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6843|Cheshire, UK

=NAA=TheTaxidermist wrote:

I got the veteran legit.  But what I did to get the Expert was wrong.   I had a buddy blow up the artillery repeatedly and I'd keep repairing it.  How else are you supposed to get 25 repair points in one round? It's friggin impossible!
If it's possible to have someone on the other side help and get it then it's possible without collusion. It may be very, very hard or unlikely but that's what adds value to them.
Getting them without doing it right totaly devalues the award for you and unfortunatly cheapens it for others.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6683|Denver, CO

Sahasrahla wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

I don't think you get repair points for bridges dood...
I'm pretty positive it does.  It may depend on who destroys it.  I will have to check into this.
The_Radge
+1|6710|Cornwall UK
I thought it would be easier since the update that gave you points for taking out the Commanders assets. If a Spec can get 3 points for blowing arty up and an Engineer keeps at it, then isn't that a fair way of getting the points.  Seems to work bothways and has an element of balance to it.
nitro92
I cheat.
+-6|6805|Sydney, Australia
even though wen i was doing that i did it for 3 rounds in a row and omfg my finger like bbroke cos i keep pressing it down but i got like 50 points per round its not worth it unless going for the badge
Anima05
+1|6764
i stat padded to get it too... my only time ever stat padding
Silverwolf
+0|6686
meh, I've done all my badges legit, n I'm only going to do them legit, I have no intention of getting something I haven't earned fairly. Stat padding just ruins the whole award thing, as it means u can't trust wot ppls badges r, cos they may have 'cheated' (face it, thats wot stat padding is) to get it.
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6683|Adelaide, Australia
The flipped vehicle tactic is without question stat padding.
However, if you are going to do it, don't use a humvee/vodnik - there is another vehicle that you can use to get repair points all by yourself (about two per minute), without help from any teammates or enemies.
I'm not going to tell you which one though, you can figure that out yourself if you really want to know!

This is a slightly more legitimate way of earning it, I have helped friends get the badge this way:

Get your friend to fly the MEC/Chinese transport chopper (choose a situation where your team does not need it for another reason - I suggest Gulf of Oman) while you repair continually in the back. Get the pilot to fly around the map drawing fire from the enemy. If you are not taking enough damage, get the pilot to gently bump into trees/ground/buildings etc.
Devolant
+3|6641|Sweden
I don't see how the flipped vehicle thing can work. You need a teammate to be in it with you.. So still stat padding. You can't drive it in the water yourself then sit in the back and repair.. Cause it's considered empty then.
asbad
+19|6725|Ireland
Since people have already talked about how to stat pad with the engineer, then it wont make a diff when i tell you the best way.

Using the AA vehicle, drive up beside a at/aa emplacement. Fire one shot at the aa vehicle > hop into the vehicle > switch to the second position of the vehicle and repair. Just keep repeating
This means you dont need a second person and Im not sure if it qualifys as a glitch for being able to repair the vehicle when you are the only person in it.

For the record, like budforce, this was the only time i "padded", and it was to get the vet badge. I was tring for long enoughto get it.
I cant imagine anyone getting expert by not padding

Edit: I just seen the thread about this, not that i was claiming i invented it or anything
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=18289

Last edited by asbad (2006-03-25 11:47:15)

Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6636|Germany
How can i flip a boat around?!
PunkX
stoned
+198|6628|Canada
play a small map and when they destroy your arty and shit, run out in a vehicle and take the points! Thats how i got my vet
Defiance
+438|6675

AuSFinN wrote:

I have the veteran engineer badge. It was a sinch. In SF, i just camped out at where all my team's 'toys' are. This same guy (bit of a n00b), kept driving up to destroy it (it was in one of the night maps). I kept repairing it, and i eventually got the badge. w00t!
Yeah I was in an SF "long round" server when that happened to me. I could've got vet, but I didn't have 15h as engie.

But I was commander, so I ended up with Staff Officer Ribbon, Basic Engineer and Basic Command in one round.

That plus some 150 points nabbing the gold...

Last edited by Defiance (2006-03-25 12:02:00)

Echo
WOoKie
+383|6724|The Netherlands
This topic should be deleted cause its against bf2s polocies to post about ways to exploit bf2.

cohen1976 wrote:

woot im gona tell my clan we all gona flip over a van!!1 yeah!!!!
If you want your account reset to private you can just sent a email to ea. You dont have to go padding to get your account wiped.
Hummeth
+4|6649|Wisconsin
They should just have part kits that you can throw around like first-aid or ammo packs.
Chowley
+1|6690|Ireland
Its amazing people get so pissed off over someone padding for an engineer badge.

Anyway if you want the expert get on a half full iron gator, if you get some guy with an APC or Eryx destryoying the Essex AA all round you should get it, most I have gotten was 23 but I had supplies dropping on me as well as far as i remember. You should get 10 or more repair points in one full iron gator map with ease repairing the AA. So no need for people to pad for it
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

I got basic for for sitting in a blackhawk alone after everybody jumped out, wrenching the damn thing back up every time a plane strafed me. Eventually, it gave up and I went back to the carrier to pick up another load of marines. I got vet for a particularly long round of Karkand in an APC, automatically repairing a tank that just wasn't left alone by nerf launchers.

Now, when it comes to getting 25 repair points in a round, that's when I'll be annoyed.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-25 17:01:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard