Poll

Do u prone while shooting?

Yes49%49% - 40
No7%7% - 6
Sometimes43%43% - 35
Total: 81
Maj.Do
+85|6750|good old CA
Just wondering,  lots of support people do it and stuff .  Me i never do it , only if the guy is really far away
ishbu
+0|6689
most of the time
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6686
If the person isnt right in my face then yes pretty much all the time.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6753
depends on the weapon I am using.

Sniper rifle, usualy
Shotgun, Never
Assult rifle, Rarely
Carbine, Rarely
MG, Always

Sniper rifles,  usualy you are going for distance shots and need the accuracy.  If it I am going sniper to sniper, it depends if they are setup in a good spot and see me.  I will normly crouch and move waiting for them to miss so I can pop em.

Shotgun, I hate these. but you need to be about 1inch from your target, so I run and shot, no kneeling or prone here.

Assult rifles, Some times I will to make myself a smaller target while fireing.  but normaly only if I am defending somthing, or taking fire.  usualy I try to keep moving, and kneel then fire.

Carbine, same as assult rifles.

MG,  I think they spray badly enugh when you are prone.  I don't think I have ever hit somthing I was aiming at any other way.

Last edited by Umbra Acciptris (2006-01-17 18:07:45)

SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6774|Scotland!!!

Umbra Acciptris wrote:

Sniper rifles,  usualy you are going for distance shots and need the accuracy
doesnt really effect it what ever possition your in
--------
me, i dont go prone i crouch down sometimes though, SAS style - ill pull out the pistol right away if i run out of ammo, if ony i had another "sas minded" team m8 that could come up behind me (standing) an fire off his rounds whilst i was re-loading, that would make a nice screanshot, kinda like the one in my sig
willandmav
+0|6693
i usually play support using the PKM and i almost always go prone before shooting, its good because then you have a better chance of killing them because of less deviance, but also being prone makes it harder for them to hit you, so regardless of whether you are shooting or not, always go prone to make it harder for you to get killed,

kinda helps hehe
Diomed
+1|6697
Going prone has a very small effect on accuracy, on most weapons.  The best bang for your buck for non shotgun weapons comes from 1> not moving 2> zooming down the barrel.  For me, going prone is a defensive move. It makes you a smaller target and harder to hit but you do paint a big target on your forehead doing it so you do fall prey to the occasional BOOM HEADSHOTâ„¢ slightly more often than not being prone.  The advantages outweight the rare zomgwtfhax headshot though for me.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6753

SAS-Lynx wrote:

Umbra Acciptris wrote:

Sniper rifles,  usualy you are going for distance shots and need the accuracy
[color=lightblue][b]doesnt effect it what ever possition your in
From BF2 Wiki
Deviation Standing / Crouching / Prone 2.0 / 1.5 / 0.8

http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/sniper-rifle/

Oddly all Sniper rifles have the same deviation, so it is possible you are correct.  Personaly I thought only pistols took no effect from stance.
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6774|Scotland!!!
yea a little but i wouldnt say its THAT noticable but yeah its in the wiki so...... 
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6739|United States
I do, but only when I'm dolphin-diving.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6728|Rochester, NY
ya, but not dolphin diving.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6739|United States

BlackLegion42 wrote:

BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6728|Rochester, NY

Bert10099 wrote:

BlackLegion42 wrote:

Really I don't I sometimes shooting standing when it is close range or such.
specops10-4
+108|6741|In the hills
heh i go prone when I knife, when I use any assult rifle, machinegun, or sniper, but I stand up for carbines, they just seem to be more accurate and I ly down with shotgun only in desperate situations.
vedds
+52|6753|Christchurch New Zealand
Kneel and use iron sights.
works a charm every time - assault rifles and carbines anyway especially the G3 in single fire.
I find i can get a headshot or 4 shots to the body while someone blazes on full auto nearly every time except in CQC. Man i love the G3.
D-Rays23
+0|6694|St. Petersburg, FL
I prone with everything. I prone with carbine, sniper, assult, LMGs, etc. I even prone when eating, drinking, and watching TV. I generally don't prone while sleeping though.
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6703|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
This topic intrigues me, because some people have said they go prone with sniper all the time, no accuracy difference between stand, crouch, or prone.

With an LMG, I will go prone, and from a longer distance I usually go prone, because it makes me less of a target.

Being less of a target has its disadvantages though.--It is easier to be shot in the head when prone--
WhiteStain
+3|6734|NEPA

Diomed wrote:

BOOM HEADSHOTâ„¢
lol you must be FPS Doug with the trademark and all
Wild1234
+1|6684

Umbra Acciptris wrote:

depends on the weapon I am using.
Ditto, I normally play support and with those suckers you have to be prone at anything over 2 feet away, when its closer I just run in circles never letting go of the trigger and hope for the best:P

Sniper I generally allways prone as well.

Other classes (aside from shotguns) I'll prone in simi auto mode when I need to make a distance shot but stay standing other than that.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6739|Vermont

Maj.Do wrote:

Me i never do it , only if the guy is really far away
And it shows.  A .70 kpd with small arms.  I voted sometimes.  If someone has already started firing at you, going prone will force them to re-aim.  Don't do it at ridiculously close range, but I do it a fair amount.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6673|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
all depends on which kit Im using and which weapon
thinner44
+1|6807
'Hit the dirt' .. doesn't really matter if I stand, kneel go prone or go invisible, I still get killed
TC><Injecter
+4|6826|Berlin, Germany
I always go prone... ALWAYS (Maybe not with shottys but still...) ALWAYS! And then I wonder how someone who didn't see me AND who I shot right in da head can kill me with one little selfmade burst :-/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard